Some Jersey Brockways

vision386

I`m liking that Two Guys Brockway..I`m glad you younger guys love this old iron, and yes, it was pretty cool having B models, R Models and a few others in our driveway as a kid in the 70`s..

• Like 2

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, lets get this train back on the tracks. :D

Hmieleski was in South Plainfield NJ and folded in the early 90's. They ran a lot of 359s and later 759s.

post-13134-0-62227400-1359341530_thumb.j

• Like 2

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Prang was in the Hopelawn section of Woodbridge Twp. and hauled a lot of roofing products out of Perth Amboy.

My uncle lived across the street from their yard and I have vivid memories of these red and black Detroit-powered Huskies.

Pic borrowed from Hank's site.

post-13134-0-17804000-1359341856_thumb.j

Edited by Chuck P
  • Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Hmieleski was in South Plainfield NJ and folded in the early 90's. They ran a lot of 359s and later 759s.

There's another now defunct ltl from the tri-state area. A lot of regional freighthaulers serviced that area back then.

Jim

Chuck,thanks so much for posting this picture! i remember them well! i tried looking for a picture of their trucks,but for the life of me,could not come up with the proper spelling! LOL!................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Chuck,thanks so much for posting this picture! i remember them well!

The funny part is that outfit was right under my nose the whole time and I never knew it. The Penske (South Plainfield) shop was directly across the street from them but by the time I hired on with them (Fall 94) they had ceased operations. C-F and Central Transport were adjacent.
Edited by Chuck P

Very nice! i always liked that Red & Gold paintjob on Brockways,i remember both outfits well,if memory serves,Krajack was based in Roselle Park i believe..................thanks for posting!............................Mark

• 4 weeks later...

I cant remember the name,but this was a produce outfit from the Vineland area,they had this and a Marmon cabover too,i took this with my old Kodak 126 "Insta-Matic" out of the back window of my dads pickup..............................Mark

post-5836-0-45786500-1361630480_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I cant remember the name,but this was a produce outfit from the Vineland area,they had this and a Marmon cabover too,i took this with my old Kodak 126 "Insta-Matic" out of the back window of my dads pickup..............................Mark

That was the first camera I ever had! Ma gave it to me when she got a new one because the flash quit working. Took great pictures when you didn't need the flash though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That was the first camera I ever had! Ma gave it to me when she got a new one because the flash quit working. Took great pictures when you didn't need the flash though.

Mines too! think Ma said she got it for me with S&H greenstamps,its still around here somewhere,i dont even know if they still make the film for them anymore?

Mines too! think Ma said she got it for me with S&H greenstamps,its still around here somewhere,i dont even know if they still make the film for them anymore?

I have no idea either, might find somebody with a hidden stash of film on e-bay or something. I once had a Kodak disc camera that took good pictures, but they quit making film for it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Very nice! i always liked that Red & Gold paintjob on Brockways,i remember both outfits well,if memory serves,Krajack was based in Roselle Park i believe..................thanks for posting!............................Mark

post-146-0-34924400-1362109085_thumb.jpg

This truck appears to have orignal paint, didn't think the gold was orignal . I am the second owner, V 360, 903 , 13 spd. . I have been told this only did dump trailer work in Delaware and Maryland. This truck has "New Jersey controls", and appx. 150k mi.

FW

• Like 2

Are they the same as New York controls?

Yes, They provided another job for someone. They operate the pump and hoist.

post-146-0-97506000-1362368870_thumb.jpg

This is my B61SX, when new was one of ten trucks that worked 3-4 years on a Highway project in NY or NJ. Then to a local sand and gravel co. We have owned it since 1982. I am told on the highway job a person other than the driver would open the tailgate and operate the body.

I have set up my trucks with "out side controls" as not to mess up the interiors.

FW

• Like 1