I am not sure if this vintage Mack was done in house or not.

Here is brochure for a Coleman conversion done by Howe Bros in Troy, NY in the early 1970's. The brochure says that this system has been available on Macks for 25 years.

It also mentions that the conversion can be 4 X 4 or 6 X 6 and are available with 2 speed rear axles.

Jim

Jim -

Thanks for the neat brochure - I have seen coleman conversions on older IHC stuff around here. I thought they were no longer around, but I sold a four wheel drive Ford F-450 to a guy last week and he said when it was made in the 90's, that Ford did not offer 4X4 on them from the factory. He said that Coleman or Marmon-Herrington both still offered conversions for them.

That is a neat Truck. I wonder what 4X4 conversion unit is under the front end? Or did Mack build their own??

If it was a Brockway I would definately be interested!!

Brocky

so would i and other brock guys

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

That is a neat Truck. I wonder what 4X4 conversion unit is under the front end? Or did Mack build their own??

If it was a Brockway I would definately be interested!!

Brocky

The one we had for a while had a Mack transfer case & a Marmon Harrington front drive axle. With the automatic tranny, we used it to pull site trucks hauling crane parts out of problem areas. still had the salt spreader on the back, which we filled with sand for ballast.

Ap40

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck