Vin:

Rob

Naw. I'm too big around the middle to bend over to hike them up. My calf is now larger than a 150 pound average man's waist.

Oh well, back when days were fun. Now all I do is sweat in the air conditioned room and make it smell like fungus.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Don't feel bad Vin, I just got done training this month and had to put up with this egotistical little bastard that seemed to think you weren't a driver unless you have driven in the Oil fields. That little prick pecked and belittled me every chance he got. No matter what I did it was dead wrong and he would yell at me. I see my self as a big, gentle person with a decent amount of patience. The last day of training he started on a four letter worded rant at me and I stopped the truck and said "I have had it with you pecking at me with no constructive criticism you sawed off son of a bitch. If you are such a super trucker you drive this mother f&@$)!!" he drove the rest of that day and now we are decent work acquaintances. It sucks getting picked on but suck it up and you will make it. Stick up for yourself 'cause no one else will in life.

that reminds me of that prick on Ice Road Truckers that was "training" the guy from Missippi or Alabama last year. The brown nose, can't remember his name. The guy from down south has probably got more miles backing up than the brown nose has going forward, but they got rid of him so Lisa would end up with more loads.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I went through Schneider's program because it was my best option for getting a CDL. My dad had taught me to drive several years earlier and often let me take the wheel on interstates and practice backing. My plans changed when, while waiting to be old enough to run interstate, I got an "offer I couldn't refuse" and became a Glazier in the construction industry. Years later when I decided to "answer my calling" I needed to find someone that would hire me with no license and no marketable experience, but the skills to do the job. 4 weeks after setting foot on Schneider's property, I was pulling my first load from Pine Grove, PA to Athens, GA. It worked out fine for me but is not nearly enough training for someone who has never driven anything larger than a car.

Worse than the mega-carriers is some of the fly-by-night independent schools. # of my classmates at SNI had already obtained their CDL's from school but had to go through the program due to lack of experience. Only 1 of those 3 completed the program in 4 weeks. The second quit because they told him he would need additional training and the third (remember these are cdl holders) was sent home because she wanted noting to do with a pre-trip inspection. She felt that even the basic stuff like fluids, lights, and tires were the mechanics job to check and repair because she was a truck driver.

Jim

We'll i know she was just gettin her cdl or whatever, but i mean damn......She obviously wouldnt ever make it as a driver. Atleast look around and check the lights, and seriously how long does it take to chec the fluids....lol

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

We'll i know she was just gettin her cdl or whatever, but i mean damn......She obviously wouldnt ever make it as a driver. Atleast look around and check the lights, and seriously how long does it take to chec the fluids....lol

Schneider didn't even want her, that speaks volumes.

Jim

My plans changed when, while waiting to be old enough to run interstate, I got an "offer I couldn't refuse" and became a Glazier in the construction industry.

That was one fine looking mixer you drove for Glazier!

post-1374-0-24667200-1343510396_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That was one fine looking mixer you drove for Glazier!

Lot easier to break a window than the B model mixer I'm sure.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.