Still working:

Rob

Don't really see too many fine R models still working around here that are tractors. Still see a few dump trucks however. This one really is nice with an E6-350 and nine speed Fuller on 4.42 rears. It has 38,000# rears with heavier springs. Always kept inside I'm told by the driver. The driver wants to drive down with his kids to look at some of my junk.........

The truck is hauling pilings from the airport in Peoria, IL after a soil remediation project is finishing. Seems the area was a fueling station for aircraft for many years and the ground was contaminated? Can't believe that........

Anyway, enjoy;

Rob

post-78-0-74472600-1342035557_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-23051800-1342035559_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-98060600-1342035560_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-44845100-1342035562_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-93166800-1342035563_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-77644800-1342035565_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-52806300-1342035567_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-16154700-1342035605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Now thats a nice truck! i am glad to see one still used for its intended purpose,i can remember a time when R-models ruled the world puling both flats and dump trailers in New Jersey!..........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice truck. Whats with the banana peal on the bumper?

Wrapped up "oversize load" banner. That trailer stretches to 70 feet.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Great looking truck. We had many "stretch" trailers, or "extendable" trailers as some people call them. Very heavy to haul regular loads on though, with the double frame, but a very convenient unit to have if you do occasionally haul a long load. I think we weighed about 38-40,000 with them empty. We had some that stretched to 80'.

As a long time flatbedder, i'm not even gonna get into hauling pilings like that. I'll just assume he's already taken the safety chains off the front.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Great looking truck. We had many "stretch" trailers, or "extendable" trailers as some people call them. Very heavy to haul regular loads on though, with the double frame, but a very convenient unit to have if you do occasionally haul a long load. I think we weighed about 38-40,000 with them empty. We had some that stretched to 80'.

As a long time flatbedder, i'm not even gonna get into hauling pilings like that. I'll just assume he's already taken the safety chains off the front.

He was still tying down when I snapped the photos. It left with chains front and rear. The driver did mention that trailer was heavy and shouldn't have been being pulled by the Mack as the tractor was heavy also. It was a short run so he took it....... The same trailer and it's brother were back the next day grabbing another load of the pilings. These trucks were both a Pete, and a KW, and I doubt either made it back to base without an emergency phone call........

Rob

• Like 1

He was still tying down when I snapped the photos. It left with chains front and rear. The driver did mention that trailer was heavy and shouldn't have been being pulled by the Mack as the tractor was heavy also. It was a short run so he took it....... The same trailer and it's brother were back the next day grabbing another load of the pilings. These trucks were both a Pete, and a KW, and I doubt either made it back to base without an emergency phone call........

Rob

Oh, good deal then- you should always put a chain across the front of sheet pilings, lest they slide to the front and kill you if an idiot in a 4 wheeler pulls out in front of you and you have to "lock 'er down".

Oh, good deal then- you should always put a chain across the front of sheet pilings, lest they slide to the front and kill you if an idiot in a 4 wheeler pulls out in front of you and you have to "lock 'er down".

Calling Olive-Ed spelled "peal" wrong-it should be "peel".

In case any ones wondering, here's what i'm talking about with the chains- you should always chain it across the front to make sure it doesn't slide.

oops, sorry Ed- it was David who spelled peel wrong!..don't know why I was thinking hatcity...anyhow- Olive?

• Like 2

I see that truck quite bit around the Chicagoland area, I have seen it pulling a reefer. That just shows that an R-model Mack is just about as handy as a pocket on a shirt. -Brad

He never mentioned pulling a reefer but the truck was set up for dump trailer work also.

Rob

In case any ones wondering, here's what i'm talking about with the chains- you should always chain it across the front to make sure it doesn't slide.

Just getcha' one of these,no need to fool with any chains,binders,straps,tarps,pipes,etc.blah blah blah!............Mark

post-5836-0-98669600-1342234183.jpg

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You sure do got some sissy looking chains there Tom. I dont think they would stop that load. Im not gonna dare say they are "gay" looking. Seems to stir folks up, that made it even funnier,,,,randyp

You sure do got some sissy looking chains there Tom. I dont think they would stop that load. Im not gonna dare say they are "gay" looking. Seems to stir folks up, that made it even funnier,,,,randyp

it's hard to draw a chain, so I drew a string of Christmas lights.
  • Like 1

Just getcha' one of these,no need to fool with any chains,binders,straps,tarps,pipes,etc.blah blah blah!............Mark

I'd take the doors off, cut some vent holes in it, and sell it to a chip hauler. It would look something like this-

post-1374-0-76076100-1342261956.jpg

it was David who spelled peel wrong!..don't know why I was thinking hatcity...anyhow- Olive?

You can't teach old dogs new tricks!

You don't have to worry about David, his English teacher wife will take care of any poor spelling habits that he picks up in one of his roll-offs.