Midnight landscaping, horse doctoring, etc

Olivetroad

Hate patchin holes in the walls :):)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Screw that...

I am going to rent one of those the next time I go to a range. I have wanted to try one out and compare it to a .45. I like the idea of them, and everyone says they are cool, but I have not found anyone that actually owns one to tell me what they think.

Hate patchin holes in the walls :):)

I caught my 8 year old daughter roller skating in the living room this morning in one of her good dresses - she said it is too hot outside to fall on the concrete - I have the answer - DON'T FALL! My house has so many dings and scratches in the walls from crap like that. My wife is turning into an expert drywaller from the constant repairs.

I prefer patching holes in the walls to replacing items a thief made off with...I friggin HATE thieves.

Since I shot the last thief that was on the place, I have had no more problems - my wife and I both hate thieves so much now that we kind of miss the thought that one might drop by unannounced so we can break out the firesticks.

I am going to rent one of those the next time I go to a range. I have wanted to try one out and compare it to a .45. I like the idea of them, and everyone says they are cool, but I have not found anyone that actually owns one to tell me what they think.

Nice thing is that buckshot won't "fill" the barrel, so it won't have the markings that can positively link the recovered chunks of lead to the actual gun that fired the shot...just a random knick or two where the buckshot pellet contacted the rifling on the side of the barrel. That and being a revolver, it doesn't spit out the casings that need to be policed in order to leave as little evidence as possible.

I've also got some 7/16oz #4 shot loads @ 1200 fps that do the same thing...albeit with slightly smaller chunks of lead.

...or the PDX1 Defender loads that have 3 copper discs chased by 12 bb's

....or the .45 Colt 225 grain bonded JHP

...or some other 000 buck rounds that are cut back to 750 fps. Less kick, but that means less kick-their-ass, too.

....or if I use the clips, I could load any of my .45ACP into the gun, too.

Variety is the spice of life, right? Hell, a round or two of every kind of .410 round you can find would really leave the forensic investigators scratching their heads when you empty all 6 rounds into a scumsucking thieving son-of-a-bitch.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I had one Olive and I got rid of it less than a year later because empty 410 shells would get stuck in the cylinder and I had to use a dowel and a hammer to tap each one out. I sent it to Taurus twice and recieved it back with a non-descript reciept that basically said it was looked at but didnt state any (if any) work done. I got tired of that problem so I googled it and found a lot of information about that problem on a bunch of different forums. Basically there you had to use only certain ammo (in 410) to prevent this from jamming. If any ammo had ribs that run the length of the plastic part would jam due to the expansion during firing and it fireforming to the ridge cut inside the cylinder so you couldnt put anything bigger than 45 long colt (like a 454 casull). The gun did work and shoot it just pissed me off that it would only fire spendy ammo, maybe they have made changes since then.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I had one Olive and I got rid of it less than a year later because empty 410 shells would get stuck in the cylinder and I had to use a dowel and a hammer to tap each one out. I sent it to Taurus twice and recieved it back with a non-descript reciept that basically said it was looked at but didnt state any (if any) work done. I got tired of that problem so I googled it and found a lot of information about that problem on a bunch of different forums. Basically there you had to use only certain ammo (in 410) to prevent this from jamming. If any ammo had ribs that run the length of the plastic part would jam due to the expansion during firing and it fireforming to the ridge cut inside the cylinder so you couldnt put anything bigger than 45 long colt (like a 454 casull). The gun did work and shoot it just pissed me off that it would only fire spendy ammo, maybe they have made changes since then.

The one I've got ain't a foreign-made piece of crap Taurus. Nope...made right here in America by S&W. :twothumbsup:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

"Uncle Sam's" waiting inside my house for "visitors" Mrs.Vision can also hang the whole clip from my 1911 Colt in the 10 ring as well!...............................Mark

post-5836-0-41596800-1341184611_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

"Uncle Sam's" waiting inside my house for "visitors" Mrs.Vision can also hang the whole clip from my 1911 Colt in the 10 ring as well!...............................Mark

Your 1911 has a clip? huh....that's odd. Mine uses magazines. My garand uses clips....but not my 1911. :blah:

• Like 1

Your 1911 has a clip? huh....that's odd. Mine uses magazines. My garand uses clips....but not my 1911. :blah:

Naw,your right,just with my retarded typing skills clip's easier to type LOL!.............................Mark

This is nothing out of the ordinary in the equine, or cattle business. Also a lot less expensive than paying a vet to administer death, then calling either National By-Products, or Ralston-Purina for a pickup to be processed into dog food.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Olive, Here is one of my Calico's we jawed about a while back. Fifty rounds of 9mm. Probably one of my favorite hand guns, been with me in and outside the country since the eighties. Paul

post-3242-0-15540800-1341329389.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Hey Olive, Here is one of my Calico's we jawed about a while back. Fifty rounds of 9mm. Probably one of my favorite hand guns, been with me in and outside the country since the eighties. Paul

post-3242-0-15540800-1341329389.jpg

Nice to see they are made in the USA - http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/home/index.php?page=9mm

I hope it is more balanced than I would think it would be with 50 rounds on top? I shot a MP5 before at a range in St. Louis that rented them out. That looks like the closest thing I can legally own.

Nice to see they are made in the USA - http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/home/index.php?page=9mm

I hope it is more balanced than I would think it would be with 50 rounds on top? I shot a MP5 before at a range in St. Louis that rented them out. That looks like the closest thing I can legally own.

It looks unbalanced but it isn't, fully loaded with the 9mm 50 or the 100 round mag, it's lighter than the UZI or MP-5. Its well balanced and almost zero climb, accurate to about 250 / 300 yards. When I first bought mine there were 3 rifle models in 22LR or 9mm and 2 pistols in 22LR or 9mm to choose from. I bought a 22LR M100 Sporter rifle for my wife, and the 9mm pistol and rifle for me. The 9mm rifle is what my kids call my "monkey rifle"

post-3242-0-29853300-1341336828_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE

He lives in Illinois, they have to be ready to shoot around corners when folks trickle down from the Chi-town

I'm more concerned about the coyotes stalking me & dozer while I'm out pretripping the truck at 0'dark thirty than I am with chi-town ruffians. Those gangster wannabes are used to being the only ones (besides the cops) with guns....'round here, we all got 'em and we shoot back.

There was one incident a few years back over at the mall....some ignorant sumbitch here for school fresh outta Chicago spotted a styrofoam cooler in the mall parking lot and called 911 to report the "suspicious package". Of course the bomb squad is called out and the police put on a serious display of force to secure the location. When they opened the cooler? They found beer on ice. WTF else would you put in a styrofoam cooler? :tease:

Allthough i dont own one,i'd have to say one of the the best balanced handguns i've ever fired (in my opinion) is the 9mm Luger,it just "feels" right,but then that could also be my ancestral Geman heritage peeking through............Mark