Championship Match-Randyp vs Buzzard

randyp

Getting ready to head out to Scout camp for week in a lil while. Gonna leave you with one last post, its a scary one, happened this last Wednesday. I am still just a lil sore from it. Going down lil one lane country black top road with a load of dirt in ole Mack. Road is overgrown pretty bad, was approaching lil creek, going bout 15mph, bout 40 yards ahead of me at creek tinhorn, buzzards were steady pouring out of bushes beside creek as they heard me approaching. I had all windows down trying to get a breeze, as I crossed tinhorn, one last giant red headed sumbitching bastard buzzard came out of bushes and flew right into cab with me through passenger side window! Here I is with 12 tons of dirt behind me, a buzzard with wingspan as wide as my cab, in my cab with me, and he is bout as pissed as me. Long story short, I managed to grab him by neck, as held wheel with other hand, and also as he shit, slobbered and pissed all over cab, feathers flying all over place. He was steady trying to beak me, and Im struggling to slow truck down and stay out of ditch. I did manage to finally lean over far enough to shove him out window, I think I broke his wing in process. I got stopped, had to, cause smell had started me retching and slobbering myself. I think he was one of those that was tired of waiting on something to die, he was gonna eat him a live truck driver. I made it home, and spent rest of day cleaning truck out. It was bad my friends! I keep spraying, but it still stinks in there,,,,,,randyp

Holy crap!!! That is scary, but I laughed through the whole story. Thanks for sharing!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Good story! never encountered a buzzard,but back when i drove for my Grandfather,i was taking a load of apples to the canning plant in South Jersey with his R-model, it was hot,i had the vent kicked open (the screen was rusted almost out) well, it was just getting dark,i heard a "bump" did'nt think much of it at the time. Then i felt something brush against my clutch leg,reached down,brushed it off thinking it was prolly a moth or so-fourth.went on a little further,felt fluttering down by my feet,turned on the dome light,found out a was a friggin' BAT! grenaded the brakes!,Flew out of the truck!, flaling wildly!,came real close to shitting myself!............................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I was heading home 1 time and was on the phone with the Girlfriend and all I could see was this object flying at me. what looked like 5 mins was probably a bout 10 seconds. It gets closer I realize it is a damn owl and it isn't moving. So after it smacked the windshield right in front of me dead center I screamed like a bitch. It never broke or cracked the windshield which I have not figured out how but it was a good size bird. Also on the current truckwas changning out one of my led lights and saw something behind the aircleaner. Got to digging around and got it out what looked like a bird was a damn bat that had perched there and either gotten trapped or scared and it clung to the wires till it mummified.

I keep spraying, but it still stinks in there,,,,,,randyp

I think you got the buzzard smell out already, but like the dwarves in the mines of Moria, you dug too deep and awakened the long slumbering randyp dried funk - no getting rid of that industrial strength growth.

• Like 1

Now see- had you been driving a U-Model, the distance of the offsetness of the cab would have allowed the buzzard to gain enough altitude to clear the cab.

By then he would've rolled the truck onto it's left side and the disoriented buzzard would be trying to escape through the floor.

• Like 1

Jim

Get a can of ground coffee and leave it in there. It will absorb the smell. Also make the truck smell like Coffee. We do that to get the dog smell out. also Cumin spice or cinnamon hides a lot of odors

Get a can of ground coffee and leave it in there. It will absorb the smell. Also make the truck smell like Coffee. We do that to get the dog smell out. also Cumin spice or cinnamon hides a lot of odors

When my dog got blasted by a skunk and ran into the house a few years back, I looked online for ways to get rid of the smell inside the house, I found one thing that said leave shallow pans of vinegar in the rooms affected for a day or two- and it worked.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Uh oh, it's happening again.

The U model Mack is the (slightly left of) center of the universe. It's only natural that any topic of conversation will eventually lead to the offset phenomenon.

No. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!! I did not friggin say that. I said Beaver Damn because I didnt want to swear. But you guys just made me.

friggin, Damn - because I didnt want to swear. But you guys just made me.

You have to leave off the N if we are talking about creatures living in the wild with big teeth that stop the flow of rivers with their log piles.

The problem Vinnster is not the letters, it is the intent? God gave all of us free will, no one made you swear except yourself.

You see Vinny - the enemy comes from within!

I can't imagine what this site would be like without Vinny. All the threads would be half as long because we would never mention U models. We would never say anything about rolling to the left, or lopsidedness or counterweights, or fast right turns or anything like that.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I can't imagine what this site would be like without Vinny. All the threads would be half as long because we would never mention U models. We would never say anything about rolling to the left, or lopsidedness or counterweights, or fast right turns or anything like that.

Ben

I can leave if you would like.