1959 International R 200

41chevy

This has been the family farm truck since it was new. I renewed the long expired FARM plates to use it to use it to bring home the combine I'm getting the permits to recover (removal of 25 trees and intermitent lane closings of road shoulder) . Here is a cel pic of it hooked to my token trailer.

As a Farm truck, I'm required to pass the N.Y. safety inspection but am DOT exempt. I'm allowed to operate in a 25 mile radius of the farm and "carry equipment, feed, animals and go the church with it". Paul

post-3242-0-89272300-1339605050_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Only thing I have short enough to get near the old combine.. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

When do we get some better pictures of the combine removal operation?

As soon as I get my local permits to cut all the scrub oaks down and the permit to close 1/2 of a lane to drag it from its spot. Local gov sure moves s l o w , They have to look and tag the trees that will be removed (give the inspector a "tip") I have to Hay Bale the immediate area to prevent any toxic spills or leakage in to the Peconic River, a mile and a half away, Besides, after 50 years I doubt theres any " toxins" left, It's all probably in the ground already. Takes longer to go through the small townships red tape than to do the recovery! Heres the first photo of the recovery process....permit paper work. Paul

post-3242-0-31908000-1339692675_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE

As soon as I get my local permits to cut all the scrub oaks down and the permit to close 1/2 of a lane to drag it from its spot. Local gov sure moves s l o w , They have to look and tag the trees that will be removed (give the inspector a "tip") I have to Hay Bale the immediate area to prevent any toxic spills or leakage in to the Peconic River, a mile and a half away, Besides, after 50 years I doubt theres any " toxins" left, It's all probably in the ground already. Takes longer to go through the small townships red tape than to do the recovery! Heres the first photo of the recovery process....permit paper work. Paul

post-3242-0-31908000-1339692675_thumb.jp

Are you kidding me? You have to get a permit to cut those volunteer sprouts down? What a friggin joke.

This is what I will remember when our grandkids ask us if we know the exact day our country went communist. I am going to lean back in my rocker, puff a little on my pipe, pull it out of my mouth and point at them with the stem and say: "You know, the day it all went to hell was when Paul had to get that tree permit"

Yep!! A permit to clear them little sprouts!! or pay $ 1000.00 per tree to the town if I get no permit. Thats because it is on a 2 foot by 27 foot section of town property! Tomorrow i got and tag the "trees" I need to remove with a Orange ribbon " no more than 5 feet above the ground and no less than 3.5 feet down to the ground. The ribbon(s) must be 3 to 5 inches wide, 18 inches long and firmly attached to the tree with NO Fasteners of any kind retaining said ribbon(s). The approved trees to be removed will be tagged with a bright yellow numbered tag for approved removal. You must retain the Yellow tags for the inspector. Upon completion the aforementioned removal(s) the town will compare removal tags with stumps to confirm compliance." :blush: :blush: Red tape double talk for make my job seem important.

Mean while in the same township I scrapped a number of cranes by flipping them on their sides to burn them apart. Go figure.

Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

I love the V model. Does it have a 549 in it? That would be a great "Sunday go to church" truck. Can't wait to see better pictures of the combine too.

Mike

I love the "V" model also. Ohh sorry, different subject altogether.

I've had my R-190 for 27 years and still use it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Nice IH. I didn't know they still had the old style headlights as late as '59.

I've pee'd in the Peconic river. It would've been some time in the late 70's, but I'm sure there is still evidence of those toxins.

They ran those lights and fenders until at least 1964.

Yep there a big dead spot in the Peconic by the expressway..

549, 4 speed and a 2 speed rear, stuck in low for at least 20 years.

P.T.CHESHIRE

I didn't think the LIE would ever get past Edwards Ave or I would've pee'd on the proposed route.

The first banana company my Dad drove for had a 190 with the headlights as an integral part of the fender. I never woulda thunk that truck was newer than a '64.

Jim

I didn't think the LIE would ever get past Edwards Ave or I would've pee'd on the proposed route.

The first banana company my Dad drove for had a 190 with the headlights as an integral part of the fender. I never woulda thunk that truck was newer than a '64.

I called it an R when its a V, not realy up on Binders I never knew there was any heavier units than the R series. the call outs have lost long ago. Here is an article on the V series.

http://www.tenfourmagazine.com/OldTimeTrucks/2008/7.html

P.T.CHESHIRE

The main difference between the R and V Model Ih is the R was avaible with inline 6 up to 501 cu.in. I think and also offered J and then C series Cummins Diesels,other inline Cummins Diesels offered i latere years were 743 and 855's. The V Models only offered V 8 gas engines I think no diesel option that I am aware of. Both used the Comfo-Vision cab.Some of the big R models offered had 55,000 lb. suspensions in I think R-230 models. Joe D.

The main difference between the R and V Model Ih is the R was avaible with inline 6 up to 501 cu.in. I think and also offered J and then C series Cummins Diesels,other inline Cummins Diesels offered i latere years were 743 and 855's. The V Models only offered V 8 gas engines I think no diesel option that I am aware of. Both used the Comfo-Vision cab.Some of the big R models offered had 55,000 lb. suspensions in I think R-230 models. Joe D.

Thanks for the info, Joe. I never really looked at anything other than COEs, Scouts and late 60's potato haulers. They build a lot of interseting units. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul my first antique truck was B-67 that I still have. My big problem is I like and want every old truck I see Illusions of Grandeur.You are correct about IH making so many models and variations of trucks in bygone days. If you want an interseting book about IH read Fred Crimson's book on IH every model of IH from Hi Wheelers to about 1978. The most complete book on trucks I ever had. There has to be a few thousand pictures with explanations. Joe D..

Paul my first antique truck was B-67 that I still have. My big problem is I like and want every old truck I see Illusions of Grandeur.You are correct about IH making so many models and variations of trucks in bygone days. If you want an interseting book about IH read Fred Crimson's book on IH every model of IH from Hi Wheelers to about 1978. The most complete book on trucks I ever had. There has to be a few thousand pictures with explanations. Joe D..

I searched for this book and I found one on Amazon @ $76.00. Ouch! It also pulled up some books about wheeled and tracked military vehicles - I presume this is the same guy?

Olive I think I paid in the $35.00-$40.00 range about 5 years ago. I buy quite afew truck books but none has ever matched this one. If you like IH Trucks it is a must have. I like Mack and brockway but I do not think any manufacturer made a more complete line of trucks than IH. IH were priced like Ford,Dodge or GMC but I found thru the years that Ih went a little further to get parts and service. At least this was what I expeerienced in Scranton,Penna. area. I have a IH V 190 and Fleetstar 2000D the parts man looked in books ( not computer ) to find some parts for me. We run a 2007 IH 9900 and a 2005 Western Star when we need work done its off to IH for us. Joe D.

Olive I think I paid in the $35.00-$40.00 range about 5 years ago. I buy quite afew truck books but none has ever matched this one. If you like IH Trucks it is a must have. I like Mack and brockway but I do not think any manufacturer made a more complete line of trucks than IH. IH were priced like Ford,Dodge or GMC but I found thru the years that Ih went a little further to get parts and service. At least this was what I expeerienced in Scranton,Penna. area. I have a IH V 190 and Fleetstar 2000D the parts man looked in books ( not computer ) to find some parts for me. We run a 2007 IH 9900 and a 2005 Western Star when we need work done its off to IH for us. Joe D.

We always had IH trucks because there aren't many Macks at all around here. We still have a good IH truck dealer in Jefferson City which is close to me. They are still old school parts guys that think you are a sissy if you have to look up numbers on a computer to know what is in the warehouse. I have a Fleetstar 2050 with a IHC V-8 in it with a mounted log loader that we bought really to remove the bed and loader and just cut up the truck, but that thing starts and runs so good we have just parked it in the yard and we use it all the time as a stationary loader. Our IH dealer gets kind of pricey on some things, but at least you know when you walk in the door that they will have what you came for.

I saw this morning that my blushing bride secretly ordered the book for me - she forgets that I get an email everytime our debit card is used - I will have to act suprised when she gives it to me!

I've got the used book store looking for a copy. Thanks!

When I grew up the only trucks I ever knew were Mack, Autocars, Internationals and GMC's. They were all that was around in the sand pits and farms. Dodge and International were pick ups of choice and Chevy Carryalls were family vehicles, a rare Ford or Chevy light truck.

I'll take some more photos of it as soon as may "new" camera comes back from warranty repair. I took some on my phone but have no idea how to get them off to the computer. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Good woman you have. Let me know what you think of the IH Book by Fred Crimson. He passed away a few years ago. My V-190 is a tandem with 549 and 5X3 trans,2000D is 6-71 with 13 speed. Joe D.

IT CAME! IT CAME! IT CAME! IT IS CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!!!!

What a great book! It reminds me of what CH Wendall(sp?) did with his books on farm machinery companies.

I snuck off and holed up in the piano room all Sunday afternoon, I am about up to the 1930's. I can't put it down!

I am glad the Blushing Bride broke the piggy bank and got a new one. This edition has an extra section in the back that was added to bring the book up to date for the 2007 100 year anniversary of IHC trucks.

Now I have to get her to order me his other books on WWII trucks and tracked vehicles..............

Joe - Thanks for the heads up on the book! You get a "like"!

And I thought my RL797L showing up tonight was a big deal.

Congratulations and enjoy as it really is a good book.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

IT CAME! IT CAME! IT CAME! IT IS CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!!!!

What a great book! It reminds me of what CH Wendall(sp?) did with his books on farm machinery companies.

I snuck off and holed up in the piano room all Sunday afternoon, I am about up to the 1930's. I can't put it down!

I am glad the Blushing Bride broke the piggy bank and got a new one. This edition has an extra section in the back that was added to bring the book up to date for the 2007 100 year anniversary of IHC trucks.

Now I have to get her to order me his other books on WWII trucks and tracked vehicles..............

Joe - Thanks for the heads up on the book! You get a "like"!

The used book guru got a hard cover for me for only $90.00! Can't wait to get it on saturday!! He called it "the Grey Bible". Good store to deal with in Merrick. Got me an R.P. Hunnicutt book on the M4 Sherman for $35.00 a few months ago. Thanks for the tip on the book! Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE