I have a 1941 mac de model looking for parts and a rough value if I was to resell. it needs restored but all parts are there with limited rust. I have a copy of the build sheet and a clean title thanks jim

post-11872-0-83004900-1339438487_thumb.j

Nice truck, I like it. But you spell Mack with a K at the end. Its OK though, you have a nice Mack.

That would be a nice truck restored, but looks to have been sitting a long time!

I now officially pass the BMT spell check baton on over to the Vinnster - you get 'em Vinny!

• Like 1

still looking for parts not spelling help jim

Jim - That's the spirit!

First off - welcome to BMT! and thanks for posting the info about the truck!

Do not worry about spelling - you just got caught up in a running joke about umodelnut's creative spelling methods.

I bet if you can post some more photos of your truck and give some more info about it, there will be someone on here that can give you some help with it.

I have a 1941 mac de model looking for parts and a rough value if I was to resell. it needs restored but all parts are there with limited rust. I have a copy of the build sheet and a clean title thanks jim

Sorry Jim, we're so used to picking on each other, nobody attempted to answer your question. This can be a touchy subject, so here goes.

A good starting point with something like this truck is always scrap value, There's usually some emotion attached to something like this, from you the owner, and also from readers here that just hate the "s" word, but it's really hard to put a value on that.

The first number that comes to my mind is about $400. Your truck looks solid from this one picture, but it's not much to go on, and it also looks like it is missing alot of parts. Some will say that it's worth more than that in parts, it may be to the right person, but how many guys are looking for parts for a DE? And a potential buyer on the east coast, how much money is he willing to put into moving it?

If you're serious about selling it, you're going to have to put some effort into it, including how much help you can offer any potential buyer to move and load it.

Dave

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

:SMOKIE-RT: Welcome to the forum!

Okay-first,contact the Mack Truck Museum via the link on this forum with your VIN,and have them work up copies of the info they have on your particular truck. (A donation will help them continue to be able to do this. ;) ) Then,if you can,join ATHS;you'll probably be able to locate some parts and info there. For some of the more common parts,Watts Mack might be able to help;depends on how similar your truck is to a B model. As always,we all LOVE pictures,so keep us posted on your progress and include a link to your pics of the truck.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Jim,

There's not as much parts help out there for the little Mack as there is for Chevy's, GMC's, Ford's and even Internationals. One of the best resources is right here, and keep an eye on Ebay. There are specialty companies for rubber items, electrical and brake system items, and hopefully you can match some items up.

You're restoration is going to be a labor of love, and get ready to spend some serious $$$$. The DE is pretty unique, and there was not that many built to begin with. Familiarize yourself with other Mack models that may share same or similar components. The fact that your truck has been stored outside, and partially dis-assembled tells me that it must of had an engine problem that the original owner decided not to fix, so basically all the systems on the truck are unknown condition, and you're pretty much going to be starting from scratch from the frame up.

That's not to say your truck does not have potential, because it does. Many owners have started with alot less, and ended up with beautiful trucks, but I would not be surprised to see a restoration project go well past the $50,000 mark. If you decide to sell the truck, you're better off to sell it now rather than to put more money in it and loose interest down the road.

Stay in touch and let us know how the story ends.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/