D Day

41chevy

Truly America's greatest generation! anyone who lived through the hell that had to be D-Day,has my utmost respect and reguard!..............remember, " If you can read and write,thank a teacher,If you can read and write in ENGLISH,thank a vet"..................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm glad you posted this. I have to admit however, I thought this was going to have something to do with you bringing home an Autocar.

be very quiet about that.....

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

This better?

Momma was listening to the key clicks,she seems to know when I type the name Autocar, so I did it small to be quiet.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yeah,i know its a day late,but thought it was worth posting anyway for those interested,Ronald Reagans D-Day memorial speech courtesy of the Reagan library..............i learned EVERY sitting president since FDR has made a speech commemorating June,6 1944 with the EXCEPTION of the current "president" go figure?..................................Mark P.S. its a little long,but worth the listen (in my opinion)

http://video.search....a9afsji&newfp=1

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Reagan, we need another!

Barry mentioned in his California campaign speech yesterday that his uncle was the first U.S. soldier on SWORD BEACH . I guess nobody told him that it was after the invasion and it was a British Landing Zone I guess...What a poor example of a leader.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yeah,i know its a day late,but thought it was worth posting anyway for those interested,Ronald Reagans D-Day memorial speech courtesy of the Reagan library..............i learned EVERY sitting president since FDR has made a speech commemorating June,6 1944 with the EXCEPTION of the current "president" go figure?..................................Mark P.S. its a little long,but worth the listen (in my opinion)

http://video.search....a9afsji&newfp=1

Mark.......I don't think I would care to listen to a speech from this guy....even if he could tell one. My dad told me of the Omaha Beach where he landed, that the beach, was cleaned up from the dead GI's to keep the morale high for the next wave of GI's coming in, until they could clear out the Germans. He said it was a slaughter house. His LST was sent in on the beach the next day. They were watching the horror from out in the bay. I heard him tell me so much about the war, that I feel like I was there in some way, only at a safe distance. Unlike many old gents that I talked to about the war.....dad would tell me everything he could think of. One of the last things he asked me about because he had forgotten, was asking me what city the Americans and British fire bombed level. It was Dresden, Germany. Sometime when you have time .....google it and read. It is quit interesting. It had mostly women, children and wounded German soldiers there.

mike

mike

War, particularly that one is (was) ugly. Perhaps you would prefer to have written your post in German Mike. We were not going to talk our way through that and if you don't think that they wouldn't have done that to New York or Nashville, had they had the chance, you would be mistaken.

God Bless Ron Reagan, he wasn't a pansy ass politician like most of the turds we have floating around today. You knew where he stood and for damn sure why. He loved this country and frankly we need another guy like him to keep the good old USA from becoming another Greece/Cuba.

Now you got me started.

War, particularly that one is (was) ugly. Perhaps you would prefer to have written your post in German Mike. We were not going to talk our way through that and if you don't think that they wouldn't have done that to New York or Nashville, had they had the chance, you would be mistaken.

God Bless Ron Reagan, he wasn't a pansy ass politician like most of the turds we have floating around today. You knew where he stood and for damn sure why. He loved this country and frankly we need another guy like him to keep the good old USA from becoming another Greece/Cuba.

Now you got me started.

Your correct about them cleaning up this country. Seems Reagan was trying but not enough time for him. He had my support, just ashame we don't have anymore like him. Glad I can wake up some people. Did not know I had that ability. I just need to perfect it. LOL

mike

My pop was it the 3rd Division 7th infantry, five invasions; Tunisia, Sicily, Anzio, Rome and Southern France and ended in Burges Garten in the Baverian Alps. He never talked to me about it until I can home from Viet Nam with my CIB. One can only hope we end up with a president with American Ideals and BALLS before it is too late. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

My pop was it the 3rd Division 7th infantry, five invasions Tunisia, Sicily, Anzio, Rome and Southern France and ended in Burges Garten in the Baverian Alps. He never talked to me about it until I can home from Viet Nam with my CIB. You can never truely "be there" until you are / were there.

I realize that, unless your Infantry and on the front lines and getting dusted and smell the oders and see the scenes can you say your there. It was the main topic of my fathers conversation unless we were working on a vehicle or fishing or hunting or eating or sleeping. The last place my dad and his Battery stopped was at the Remagan Bridge after shelling it. They were not to go into Germany because of the agreement made with the Brits etc. to let Russia have at it. He said there were many sad faces on the GI's that day.

mike

My Navy electrical engineer grandfather (mothers side) was running radar on a ship in the channel. He was never able to describe to me without breaking down what it was like seeing the landing craft coming back full of blood, bodies, and wounded GI's. We all owe a debt that can never be paid to those dead men.

My relatives used to spell and pronounce our last name differently, but it got Americanized when the Nazi's came to power. Some cousins think it cool now to change it back - I don't think so.

Those friggin Germans and Japs got what they deserved for fucking with us and killing our boys, and that includes the atomic bomb.

• Like 2