International meet Mack...

tkobes43

Found this old R model sitting over at my local snowboarding mountain! Its a twin stick, lots o rust, but still running strong according to a worker that came over while i was taking the pics!! Heres a few and one of the international.. Sorry for the bad quality, takin with my cell phone.

IMG00527-20120530-1528.jpg

IMG00528-20120530-1528.jpg

IMG00531-20120530-1929.jpg

IMG952012051695194712.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Tom

• Like 1

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Found this old R model sitting over at my local snowboarding mountain! Its a twin stick, lots o rust, but still running strong according to a worker that came over while i was taking the pics!! Heres a few and one of the international.. Sorry for the bad quality, takin with my cell phone.

IMG00527-20120530-1528.jpg

IMG00528-20120530-1528.jpg

IMG00531-20120530-1929.jpg

IMG952012051695194712.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Tom

Nice old R model. I certainly enjoyed it. Poor old thing just sitting there and rusting, what do they do with it?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Can'nt figure out why manufactories put big windshields in trucks so people can put viser on and cover up 40 to 50 percent visabilaty.Bob D

If you think that covers 50% of the windshield you need glasses buddy! The visor doesn't cover much, the windshield stops about have way up the visor. Doesn't block any of my visibility, just the sun!

Tom

• Like 1

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Speaking of "International meet Mack", I was looking for a picture yesterday in one of my books and just happened to notice this.

Looks like a Mack bulldog on this International. Seen the picture many times but never noticed the bulldog until yesterday.

Pictures didn't really come out too good.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Back in the early 70s a local trucking company got a heck of a deal on a bunch of new Mack Western F cabovers with Mack V8s. They thought the V8s were too much power, and replaced the V8s with 237 Maxidyne 6s. The local IH dealer bought the now homeless Mack V8s and put them in IH 4300 Gliders...

• Like 1

Back in the early 70s a local trucking company got a heck of a deal on a bunch of new Mack Western F cabovers with Mack V8s. They thought the V8s were too much power, and replaced the V8s with 237 Maxidyne 6s. The local IH dealer bought the now homeless Mack V8s and put them in IH 4300 Gliders...

thats pretty crazy,,,cant immagine too much power,,especially out here in mountain haven,,,lol.bob
  • Like 1

Bet the drivers loved that plan. Like the drivers of a small local company in Appomattox liked their owner in the 80's when he would buy brand new F-models with 300s in them and park them in a field for a year before he put tags on them, meanwhile they were driving older 237 F-models that you could look through the floorboard and see the road.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.