Rim Size 11:00 x 24

Well I was having my rims (rear axle) painted today and we discover a crack in one of them. So the question then is how do you tell an 8.00 rim from a 8.50. The tires (tube type radials) are mounted. So I hooked a tape measure on the outside face of the wheel to the opposite side-split ring side and come up with the following dimensions: Two rims are 9-3/8ths, one is 9-7/8ths, and 0ne is 8-3/4ers. As for spacers, one is 4" and one is 3-5/8ths. I guess its possible over 56 years that this truck has long since lost its factory rims.

anyone have any suggestion? I'm assuming they are 8.5's I believe the two at 9/3/8ths were matched up with the 3-5/8ths spacer and the other two were matched with the 4" spacer. That would have meant an even overall match.

The fronts by the way look relatively new-when I bought the truck in 09, the front tires (11:00 x 24R Bridgestone 857's) still had blue paint markings in the tread pattern. My guess is the rims were replaced with the tires.

Picture of cracked rim attached-again this is on the lock ring side of rim

post-1625-0-38863500-1337737491_thumb.jp

Hello RH, Can't answer the question for you. Everything I have is 8 1/4 tubeless.

With regards to spacers, Euclid and Meritor both have info on the web so you can match up the spacers width and rim clamps. Different spacers take certain depth rim clamp to keep everything secure. I had a truck that was a mix and match special and caused plenty of wobble and bounce. After getting everything matched up properly made lots of difference.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Hello RH, Can't answer the question for you. Everything I have is 8 1/4 tubeless.

With regards to spacers, Euclid and Meritor both have info on the web so you can match up the spacers width and rim clamps. Different spacers take certain depth rim clamp to keep everything secure. I had a truck that was a mix and match special and caused plenty of wobble and bounce. After getting everything matched up properly made lots of difference.

Jim

10-4 Jim, thx- I will check out Euclid/Meritor sites. I casn say it always went down the road well and clampsm have always been tight.

Bob

Kinda hard for me to explain but you need to measure just the flat part of the rim,get the end of your ruler right in the crevasse on the bottom of where the rim slops up,where the chocks go and measure to the outside of the rim.does this make any sense?

Have looked on rims.

They have width owerall 245 mm means 9.645 inches - 9 2/3?

The spacer is of 85 mm - 3.346 in. - 3 1/3.

Original tyres were 11.00-24 but I haven't any info of what the rim size is.

All the manuals I have contein no figures expect of 11.00-24,

rims owerwiew got me nothing but "Made In U.S.A."

Vlad.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012