WTF...am I ga-?..naw...

other dog

Another argyment... this is B.S. Jo was once again argying about my musical taste- I love "classic rock", much like Herb. I was telling her about how nobody today has real talent, plays an instrument, or does anything that's not electronically enhanced. There's nobody today that can play a keyboard like Keith Emerson, drums like Carl Palmer, or guitar like David Gilmour. Well, except Neal Peart , Eric Clapton, Billy Gibbons, and more that are still around.

But here's the playlist I was playing- some of the greatest songs ever...so I come here to vent...I'll name not all the artists, but everyboby knows them, right?

"Us and Them"- maybe the greatest song ever written, eh?

"Moving in Stereo"

"South City Midnight Lady"- maybe not the best Doobie Brothers song ever, but still a great one.

"Fanfare for the Common Man"

"From the Beginning"...love that song-maybe the greatest song ever written,eh?

"Comfortably Numb" -maybe the greatest song ever written.

"Time"-maybe the greatest song ever written.

"Silent Lucidity".

"Take me to the River"- (Talking Heads, better than Al Green's.)

"Someday".

"Run Like Hell"

"Watchya Gonna Do?"

"Ordinary World"

Steve Winwood- most anything.

And furthermore, Eagles, Earth,Wind,&Fire, CCR, the Stones, Yes, ZZ Top...absolutely no comparison to todays music-and she's older than i'm is and putting this music down...hmmmmph!

Your opinions, so I can rub it in her face...

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We all have different tastes in just about everything.

"Momma" taught me years ago to never disagree with her and when she wants my opinion, she will give it to me.

Thankfully, she is not looking over my shoulder so I'll say I like a lot of your selections but I was fond of UFO, Kiss, Frampton, Skynrd, Journey, 707, REO, Boston, Alice Cooper, Jefferson Airplane, Starship, Eagles, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Grand Funk Railroad, off the top of my head.

Of course there was others too.

Rob

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We all have different tastes in just about everything.

"Momma" taught me years ago to never disagree with her and when she wants my opinion, she will give it to me.

Thankfully, she is not looking over my shoulder so I'll say I like all of your selections but I was fond of UFO, Kiss, Frampton, Skynrd, Journey, 707, REO, Boston, Alice Cooper, Jefferson Airplane, Starship, Eagles, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Grand Funk Railroad, off the top of my head.

Of course there was others too.

Rob

Yes!!!....all of them-wait, UFO?-never heard of them...or 707.............gee, I forgot about Grand Funk Railroad, and I saw them in concert in Roanoke.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Grandpa Jones, Marty Robbins, Merle Travis, Hank Thompson, Bob Wills & The Texas PlayBoys, Sons Of The Pioneers just to name a few. And my favorite girl was Patsy Cline.

Sorry your having so much trouble.

mike

don't recognize a single one of em. Musta been country eh?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yes!!!....all of them-wait, UFO?-never heard of them...or 707.............gee, I forgot about Grand Funk Railroad, and I saw them in concert in Roanoke.

don't recognize a single one of em. Musta been country eh?

Rob

OH! Sorry , forgot.....it's the other list. Ahhh lets see...... Flip Wilson, Jonathan Winters, Red Skelton, Three Stooges, Tim Conway, Harvey Corman, Carrol Burnett....just to name a few.

Don't let me have to come up there and separate you two from argueing. Don't you know all women are right about everything. Just say yes dearrrrr.

mike

• Like 1

Hmmmm.....................she don't like your appreciation of real good music

And she don't know where the door is?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Hmmmm.....................she don't like your appreciation of real good music

And she don't know where the door is?

I have forgotten how many copies of Deep Purple's "Made in Japan" album I have worn out.

I've been through the door a couple of times. Just wished it had been opened first........

Rob

Jeez,you guys oughta' get a load of whats in my CD player in the truck,i grew up with "honkytonk" country,my dads favoritesLefty Frizzell,Webb pierce,Marty Robbins etc. i like almost any kind of music,with the exception of rap/hip-hop (which i don't consider music) but some of my favorites (in no particular order) cover a lot of types of music,and not to take sides,but i agree with Tom,todays "musicians" are all pretty much talentless!........................Mark

"Jersey Girl" (live version) Bruce Springsteen & E-Street band

"Night Moves" Bob Seger& Silverbullet Band

"Dont fear the reaper" Blue Oyster Cult

"Bad moon rising" CCR

Louis Armstrong,Emmylou Harris,Patsy Cline,Otis Readding,Sam Cooke,3 Dog Night,Frank Sinatra,Diana Ross& the supremes,ELO, Jethro Tull........and hell,the list goes on and on!.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Edgar Winters Group, Richie Haven, Warren Zevon. Steppenwolfe, Dave Dudley, Merle Hagart, Commander Cody, Richie Valance, Buddy Holley, Chuck Berry, Nat King Cole and last but not least Aerosmth. And Momma says I like Rascal Flatts. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Jeez,you guys oughta' get a load of whats in my CD player in the truck,i grew up with "honkytonk" country,my dads favoritesLefty Frizzell,Webb pierce,Marty Robbins etc. i like almost any kind of music,with the exception of rap/hip-hop (which i don't consider music) but some of my favorites (in no particular order) cover a lot of types of music,and not to take sides,but i agree with Tom,todays "musicians" are all pretty much talentless!........................Mark

"Bad moon rising" CCR

Louis Armstrong,Emmylou Harris,Patsy Cline,Otis Readding,Sam Cooke,3 Dog Night,Frank Sinatra,Diana Ross& the supremes,ELO, Jethro Tull........and hell,the list goes on and on!.................................Mark

Yup, my memory is about as long as my dick so I was only referring to the ones I still have on LP, (you know 33&1/3rd rpm).

Rob

Mine are on 8 track player in the basement. Doors, Three Dog Night, Turtles, The Monkeys,The Zombies....list too long.

mike

I started "offing" my 8 tracks in 1976 right after cassette tapes came out. I always had a pickup truck and being the size I am, and "Momma" rapidly expanding in all directions except vertical, there wasn't much room. Cassettes were a lot easier to handle.

Rob

Another argyment... this is B.S. Jo was once again argying about my musical taste- I love "classic rock", much like Herb. I was telling her about how nobody today has real talent, plays an instrument, or does anything that's not electronically enhanced. There's nobody today that can play a keyboard like Keith Emerson, drums like Carl Palmer, or guitar like David Gilmour. Well, except Neal Peart , Eric Clapton, Billy Gibbons, and more that are still around.

But here's the playlist I was playing- some of the greatest songs ever...so I come here to vent...I'll name not all the artists, but everyboby knows them, right?

"Us and Them"- maybe the greatest song ever written, eh?

"Moving in Stereo"

"South City Midnight Lady"- maybe not the best Doobie Brothers song ever, but still a great one.

"Fanfare for the Common Man"

"From the Beginning"...love that song-maybe the greatest song ever written,eh?

"Comfortably Numb" -maybe the greatest song ever written.

"Time"-maybe the greatest song ever written.

"Silent Lucidity".

"Take me to the River"- (Talking Heads, better than Al Green's.)

"Someday".

"Run Like Hell"

"Watchya Gonna Do?"

"Ordinary World"

Steve Winwood- most anything.

And furthermore, Eagles, Earth,Wind,&Fire, CCR, the Stones, Yes, ZZ Top...absolutely no comparison to todays music-and she's older than i'm is and putting this music down...hmmmmph!

Your opinions, so I can rub it in her face...

Add Jethro Tull, The Grateful Dead, and Bob Dylan to your list and I'll be far behind you all the way.

Jim

Who can remember having to fold a match book cover and cram it in the player beside or under or over the 8 track "just right"!

I've never smoked and always used a popsicle stick for the purpose. It was a head adjustment. Most players had an access hole in the bottom to adjust it.

Rob

Yup, my memory is about as long as my dick so I was only referring to the ones I still have on LP, (you know 33&1/3rd rpm).

Rob

Still have working "Floormodel" Zenith console stereo AM/FM 8-track,turntable,my boy asked me once when he was little what the "funny looking round things" were (records) i had to laugh,but told him they were "prehistoric CD's"...........................Mark

Still have working "Floormodel" Zenith console stereo AM/FM 8-track,turntable,my boy asked me once when he was little what the "funny looking round things" were (records) i had to laugh,but told him they were "prehistoric CD's"...........................Mark
I do too that grandpa bought grandma new in 1966. Real wood cabinet too.

First good music that ever came out of that thing was "Kiss Alive"! back in 1975.

Grandma was not impressed as I remember but it was loud enough I did not hear her voiced concerns.

Rob

We used to wind up my Grandmothers Victrola and listen to all the oldies like Shaving cream and roll out the barrel. Then Mom and Dad's Blue Suede shoes and the martians are, Still around and peak a boo I'm watching you. Then it all went to hell when my Dad remarried and I found all the new mamas records like Black Sabbath war pigs and it made the hair one the back of my neck stand up. Blue Oyster Cult, Aerosmith The Scorpions and Van Halen and my most favorite Dude Uncle Ted Nugent.

Who can remember having to fold a match book cover and cram it in the player beside or under or over the 8 track "just right"!

LMAO! i do! remember trying to take one of those S.O.B's apart to try and "re-wind" a favorite one that spit out like spaghetti?...........................Mark

My Grandma got my Mom and Dad's during the divorce, and wehn I lived with her in high school, I wore out "A night at the Opera" and "Toys in the attic"!!!

"Bad moon rising" CCR

Sounds like my XM favorite channels

1. Classic Rock

2. 70's Pop

3. 60's Pop

4. Classic R&B

5. Classic Country

6. "Escape" Easy Listening

7. Blue Collar Comedy

8. News/Talk

9. News/Talk

10.Steve Sommers-the guy practically puts me to sleep with his long pauses.

Jim

Sounds like my XM favorite channels

1. Classic Rock

2. 70's Pop

3. 60's Pop

4. Classic R&B

5. Classic Country

6. "Escape" Easy Listening

7. Blue Collar Comedy

8. News/Talk

9. News/Talk

10.Steve Sommers-the guy practically puts me to sleep with his long pauses.

Gotta love XM! best thing i think i ever got as a gift, i'm not a "technology minded" person (far from it) but i sure like my XM radio!...........................Mark