Superliner and R model hood

There is also an early and late R 6XX series model hood too. The late is longer by and inch or so at the cowl area on the late R nose that can ce cut to use on an early R. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

You could potentially put an R model hood and cab on a superliner chassis, so it could look like an R 700 with a V8 in it (I assume that's what you're going for) but you couldn't just swap the hoods out.

Ben

There are several variations of the frames, and mounts nephew. This would not be an easy "swap" without a donor to use for parts. Better off to get an original 700 series R model than attempt to convert. Plenty of those with V8's I've not acquired yet so they best get a move on.......

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

There are several variations of the frames, and mounts nephew. This would not be an easy "swap" without a donor to use for parts. Better off to get an original 700 series R model than attempt to convert. Plenty of those with V8's I've not acquired yet so they best get a move on.......

Uncle Rob

I never said it would be easy. You're talking to a kid who's building a GMC pickup with a DD 6V92TA. With a torch, grinder and welder, you can do anything with anything.

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I never said it would be easy. You're talking to a kid who's building a GMC pickup with a DD 6V92TA. With a torch, grinder and welder, you can do anything with anything.

Ben

And I expect to not be able to ascertain it is anything but OEM factory with the hood closed upon completion. Fitment will be tight.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

And I expect to not be able to ascertain it is anything but OEM factory with the hood closed upon completion. Fitment will be tight.

Uncle Rob

My buddy gave me an all-steel, one-piece, flip frontend for it. I'm going to turn the exhaust manifolds and turbo around so that the crosspipes that run from the manifolds up to the turbo will be up agianst the firewall. The turbo will fit up inside the hood real nicely that way. The only thing factory stock will be.....ahhh.....ummmm........well... it will pretty much all be custom. As soon as the B60 is on the road, I'll be working on that project and I'll be sure to poston here as I go.

Ben

My buddy gave me an all-steel, one-piece, flip frontend for it. I'm going to turn the exhaust manifolds and turbo around so that the crosspipes that run from the manifolds up to the turbo will be up agianst the firewall. The turbo will fit up inside the hood real nicely that way. The only thing factory stock will be.....ahhh.....ummmm........well... it will pretty much all be custom. As soon as the B60 is on the road, I'll be working on that project and I'll be sure to poston here as I go.

Ben

I'd keep the pipes at the front of the engine bay if possible. Even go around the front if needed. They will make the cabin very warm all the time if run as you propose. You could get by with wrapping the turbocharger, and pipes but it will still be warm.

Uncle Rob

I'd keep the pipes at the front of the engine bay if possible. Even go around the front if needed. They will make the cabin very warm all the time if run as you propose. You could get by with wrapping the turbocharger, and pipes but it will still be warm.

Uncle Rob

This hood:

post-10909-0-08216300-1337137338_thumb.j

would sit almost a foot higher and have all that wasted space above the engine if I left it that way. By turning the stuff around, the body can sit so much lower, and in my opinion look better. With 46 inch tires, it's already going to sit really high, so I don't need it to be any higher for no good reason.

Ben

Both trucks are nice though I like stock.

Readin' all I don't understand - how longer the Superliner hood is?

I mean in relation to standard (late) R hood, like the yellow one has.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

This hood:

post-10909-0-08216300-1337137338_thumb.j

would sit almost a foot higher and have all that wasted space above the engine if I left it that way. By turning the stuff around, the body can sit so much lower, and in my opinion look better. With 46 inch tires, it's already going to sit really high, so I don't need it to be any higher for no good reason.

Ben

Hey Ben, is that going on your first truck? Also do you have any MOPAR stuff laying around? Heres my first truck.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Hey Ben, is that going on your first truck? Also do you have any MOPAR stuff laying around? Heres my first truck.

Yessirry, it's going on my GMC pickup. Your truck's pretty cool. If I were you, I would put that body on a "90's Dodge Ram 4X4 chassis with a Cummins. That would be awesome. The only no-power product we have right now is a 440 Big Block Chrysler with a 727 automatic behind it.

Cousin Ben