looking for a clutch

Starting to collect all the pieces to install the engine/ transmission back into my F-model. I will definitely be needing a clutch disc, and perhaps a pressure plate and flywheel. The metal surfaces are heat cracked quite deep. Can anyone offer a source for these parts or a shop that can rebuild my cores? The Mack dealer has not been able to come up with anything yet. It is a CL-28 model clutch used with a 673P and TRD-67 duplex. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gregg

I see you are in Bangor Pa. I am down here in Hellertown- I had great luck with a place in Baltimore for the Lipe-Brown cluch in my 1958 FWD. I cant remember the name of the place for the life of me though- but I do remember they had a place in Wilmington, Delaware which is where they had me drop it off at and pick it up, and they trucked to and from their shop in Baltimore which is where they do the actual work. Really nice folks, very knowledgeable. I will look up their name in my book out in the garage later tonight or tomorrow and get back to you. I probably wrote down the phone number too.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I see you are in Bangor Pa. I am down here in Hellertown- I had great luck with a place in Baltimore for the Lipe-Brown cluch in my 1958 FWD. I cant remember the name of the place for the life of me though- but I do remember they had a place in Wilmington, Delaware which is where they had me drop it off at and pick it up, and they trucked to and from their shop in Baltimore which is where they do the actual work. Really nice folks, very knowledgeable. I will look up their name in my book out in the garage later tonight or tomorrow and get back to you. I probably wrote down the phone number too.

Thanks for the reply, FWD. I was quite disappointed when the parts guys in Allentown said "good luck with that". Usually I can get what I need through them.

Gregg

Gregg, D & W Clutch in Baltimore, Md. was able to help me out with a clutch for my 1965 B Model. Great people - had the unit ready in one day.

http://www.dwclutch....%202/index.html

401-235-8829

YES!!!! THIS IS THE PLACE THAT DID MINE!!!! All I had to do was drop it off at their Wilmington, De. shop and they did the rest. If I remember right it was $350 to fully rebuild/balance a 15" single plate Lipe-Brown Clutch. I highly recommend them.

My local parts house, Cyphers truck parts in Stroudsburg (yes that was a shout out, good bunch of guys I've been dealing with for years), gets their clutches from D & W. I like to support the local businesses, so I sent my clutch to D & W through them to be rebuilt.

Gregg

My local parts house, Cyphers truck parts in Stroudsburg (yes that was a shout out, good bunch of guys I've been dealing with for years), gets their clutches from D & W. I like to support the local businesses, so I sent my clutch to D & W through them to be rebuilt.

Gregg

Same thing I'd do. Giving the small local business patronage has potential to pay handsome dividends. The "box stores" take your money and that's it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Another place you might try is SouthBend Clutch in Ind. They do alot of custom work and Peter is a standup guy. They do alot of bigger stuff and have a solid reputation for the guys who hop up Cummins motors in Dodge pickups. I have abused 3 of his clutches so far with no problem but they were all in pickups.

Another place you might try is SouthBend Clutch in Ind. They do alot of custom work and Peter is a standup guy. They do alot of bigger stuff and have a solid reputation for the guys who hop up Cummins motors in Dodge pickups. I have abused 3 of his clutches so far with no problem but they were all in pickups.

I was going to use these guys to do the clutch I mentioned earlier- found them on the internet. Called out there and talked to someone, dont remember who, but they were super nice, and when they told me the price along with shipping, it would have cost me more to ship round trip that the cost of doing the clutch. So I asked the guy about someone closer to me, and he suggested D & W. I appreciate the fact that they were honest and even went as far to suggest a good vendor closer to me.

Another good one is Automotive Manufacturers Inc., 2400 N Lombardy St, Richmond, VA 23220 (804) 321-6861. Great folks, reasonable pricing. Keeps all the customer info in a wire bound notebook and it reminds me of the kind of shops I used to go to with my Dad when he owned his garage in the fifties.

Nondescript building surrounded by several old Allis-Chalmers tractors in various states of disrepair. Inside the "customer lounge" is a couch the Salvation Army would reject that uses the customer's parts awaiting rebuilding as the foot rest. Best shop I've been to in years!

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!