vent window help

I took mine to safelite to have the glass replaced, was talking to the person there who said the glass is glued in and that heat is used to remove them...If there is an auto glass place close to you , they might remove them for you for a couple of bucks...

Wasn't that some kind of auction on ePay for those vent windows?

Providing the guy didn't have gun to his head, he was ok with paying the price.

Even the notorious broken lever and stud can be overcome with a little skill and patience.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I am still reeling from the ebay vent window price - If I ever get the time travel car running, I am going back and picking up a few............

Hurry up cause i've been dragging my feet on my vent windows. Bought the handles and dangit, no studs to hang them on.

mike

Hurry up cause i've been dragging my feet on my vent windows. Bought the handles and dangit, no studs to hang them on.

mike

I used a lever repair kit from Mac's Ford parts. #01A-7022938 $14.95/kit need one kit per door.

The studs are swedged onto a u bracket. I seperated the stud from the bracket and the installed it into the Mack vent window. I had a little material left so i swedged it back on then I zapped it with a MIG to make sure it didn't move.

Then the glass can be installed. If your chrome is good, steps will be needed to keep it protected from welding heat and spatter.

I also purchased new levers 01A-7622916/7 $54.50 pr. because mine all had been broken with the stud inside. These levers have a little push button lock vs the non-locking originals.

I did a little figuring and I think that (maybe) original levers can be used with new studs.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.