Belarus tractor and other random auction goodies

Olivetroad

I went to the auto auction.

I came home with this Belarus tractor. Are they any good? It is a two cylinder air cooled diesel. I may keep it to run a hay rake.

post-6658-0-82763000-1332292394_thumb.jp

I also bought a chevy van that someone had removed the seats from and was using as a lawn mower trailer - classy!

post-6658-0-41578600-1332292428_thumb.jp

I also bought another chevy van with "googly moogly" eyes.

post-6658-0-45423600-1332292453_thumb.jp

I got a real steal on a stand up reach forklift - battery was dead and no one knew how to charge it up - brought it home, gave it a drink of 24 volts, and put it right to use!

post-6658-0-07127600-1332292685_thumb.jp

and last but not least, two Isuzu chemlawn trucks, one of them with 500 gallons of some kind of liquid that I do not think I should drink!

post-6658-0-51814800-1332292479_thumb.jp

They call me at the auction "The Scavanger" - I have no scruples - I will buy anything.

Hey olive you ever get that u model? You said after the auction you would give me the info on it. I need that forklift.

Vinny -

I ended up not going to that auction - I had a guy look at it beforehand that was driving through there and he said it was a rust bucket. They had spread a lot of fertilizer with it and had not kept it washed and oiled. We used to custom spread fertilizer for a local co-op and we washed the truck down every night and sprayed used oil all over it - we really did not have much of a rust problem as long as we kept that up.

I also had another uninvited midnight visitor the night before so I stayed home with the family to kind of keep an eye on things.

Sorry!

Belarus tractors have been for sale in the US since USSR times. They were always about half the price of a comparable US made tractor. They are pretty hard to get parts for in the US nowadays as they never gained much popularity. I travel to Russia many times a year. I can tell you that the Belarus tractors are the main tractor used in Russia (no small piece of land - Russia). They will likely hold up pretty decently knowing that Russian (sort of) tractors are made very heavily. Good luck with it. The one in the pic looks like about 25-30 HP. That may be a little small for a bailer, but I don't know how big your bailer is.

There are a couple around here and from my understanding is good tractors. I know parts support is/are mail order when needed, but don't know where from.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Now that's a rare ocasion when we're talking about a machine I've actually seen :-)) The father of my ex-girlfriend owned one, with four wheel drive, and it was his "flagship". He told me the machine was tough, durable, and with parts and some experience you could do almost everything on that tractor by yourself. I even helped him to disassemble the gearbox once, we also serviced the generator and changed the motor head gasket on it. You could check out the Polish "Pronar" comapany for parts (http://www.pronar.pl/ENindex.html). They cooperate with the Belarussian factories. Hope it helps, have a nice day

Paweł

Never knew Tractors from a former Soviet Bloc country were sold here. Belarus is also a country in Europe next to Russia of course.

When I went to Belarus to see my cousins in Minsk,The Belarus tractor factory was there and it is huge. In Belarus they use these tractors for everything.

The one in the pic looks like about 25-30 HP. That may be a little small for a bailer, but I don't know how big your bailer is.

The info I got at the auto auction (which is 50% of the time wrong in some way) reads that it is 30 horsepower. That thing will not even pull my big round hay baler across a parking lot empty! But I think it will run my hay rake fine. I let #2 son rake hay with a 3010 John Deere last year and it was really too big for him to reach the pedals safely - I bet this will be about his size.

his hired man called it the "Commie Cornbinder"

That is classic - I now have a name for the little thing - Thanks!

Now that's a rare ocasion when we're talking about a machine I've actually seen

Paweł

OH NO! If you have them there Pawel, I just hope the gauges are not in Celsius or something!

The info I got at the auto auction (which is 50% of the time wrong in some way) reads that it is 30 horsepower. That thing will not even pull my big round hay baler across a parking lot empty! But I think it will run my hay rake fine. I let #2 son rake hay with a 3010 John Deere last year and it was really too big for him to reach the pedals safely - I bet this will be about his size.

That is classic - I now have a name for the little thing - Thanks!

OH NO! If you have them there Pawel, I just hope the gauges are not in Celsius or something!

You may have to send that injection pump to Pawel, or Tim to forward along for rebuild. Put you on a good set of suspenders for your trousers, and be certain to bend at your knees when you go to pick something up cause the import duties will come calling when you need repairs/parts around here.

You only got one guess where they will look to settle up with you, and how......

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You may have to send that injection pump to Pawel, or Tim to forward along for rebuild. Put you on a good set of suspenders for your trousers, and be certain to bend at your knees when you go to pick something up cause the import duties will come calling when you need repairs/parts around here.

You only got one guess where they will look to settle up with you, and how......

Uncle Rob

If'in I get in a pre-dick-a-ment where I need parts in Russia, I am going to try and fly out of Atlanta so I can meet up with Bollweevil and take him along - two country boys in their overalls totin a lunch bucket full of fried yardbird, collard greens, homemade biscuits with redeye gravy, watermelon, and a jug of sweet tea will smooth everything over - hell, they will pay us! That valve on my bee-hind is an exit only! I need to tatoo a big NO ENTRY sign back there.

If'in I get in a pre-dick-a-ment where I need parts in Russia, I am going to try and fly out of Atlanta so I can meet up with Bollweevil and take him along - two country boys in their overalls totin a lunch bucket full of fried yardbird, collard greens, homemade biscuits with redeye gravy, watermelon, and a jug of sweet tea will smooth everything over - hell, they will pay us! That valve on my bee-hind is an exit only! I need to tatoo a big NO ENTRY sign back there.

Your over complicating it. Just bring a bottle of Vodka.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Olive,

I enjoy all the goodies you post. There is always something interesting to look at any you find a home for this stuff. You can get parts state side for your Belarus tractor. I will take to my Magneto Brother about this. When you drive your Belarusian tractor remember wear your Babusha! Da Pabachennia! Tim

Olive,

I enjoy all the goodies you post. There is always something interesting to look at any you find a home for this stuff. You can get parts state side for your Belarus tractor. I will take to my Magneto Brother about this. When you drive your Belarusian tractor remember wear your Babusha! Da Pabachennia! Tim

Tim - I don't know what kind of left handed cigarette you been smoking - babusha? Da Pabachennia?

But he funny thing is, I have to admit to having a Babushka (sp?). There is a wonderful older lady that is fast friends with our family. We take her on a weekend vacation every year and every time we have a new baby, she once a week gives me 10 frozen home cooked meals - so the kids don't have to eat pork rinds, cheese puffs, Chef Boy-ar-deeeee and related stuff when I am the only one cooking. Her dad was in the OSS during WWII and the CIA afterwards. Lots of cool stories there! He could speak dozens of languages and she learned to as well. She taught French at a local college where we met her. Now she teaches english as a second language to lots of LEGAL immigrants in Columbia, Mo. She never married and the last two or three years, she has taken a Russian family under her wing and let them live with her until they saved up enough fundage to buy their own home. So we eat dinner there a lot and soak up some of whatever culture is currently learing english from her. I am going to take the Russians a photo of the tractor and see what they think! The dad was a professional wrestler back in the USSR and has some great stories of his own - I think things were a little more real in a match over there.

I have noticed one thing with all the immigrants she teaches - the parents don't pick up on things very quickly, but kids start wearing American clothes, driving a fast car and get a cell phone right off the boat. We have gotten to know families from Russia, The Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Spain, France, South Africa, and others. Great education for my home schooled kids.

So if a Babushka is a nice grandmotherly type, what is a babusha? Sorry for the long-assed post!

Tim - I don't know what kind of left handed cigarette you been smoking - babusha? Da Pabachennia?

But he funny thing is, I have to admit to having a Babushka (sp?). There is a wonderful older lady that is fast friends with our family. We take her on a weekend vacation every year and every time we have a new baby, she once a week gives me 10 frozen home cooked meals - so the kids don't have to eat pork rinds, cheese puffs, Chef Boy-ar-deeeee and related stuff when I am the only one cooking. Her dad was in the OSS during WWII and the CIA afterwards. Lots of cool stories there! He could speak dozens of languages and she learned to as well. She taught French at a local college where we met her. Now she teaches english as a second language to lots of LEGAL immigrants in Columbia, Mo. She never married and the last two or three years, she has taken a Russian family under her wing and let them live with her until they saved up enough fundage to buy their own home. So we eat dinner there a lot and soak up some of whatever culture is currently learing english from her. I am going to take the Russians a photo of the tractor and see what they think! The dad was a professional wrestler back in the USSR and has some great stories of his own - I think things were a little more real in a match over there.

I have noticed one thing with all the immigrants she teaches - the parents don't pick up on things very quickly, but kids start wearing American clothes, driving a fast car and get a cell phone right off the boat. We have gotten to know families from Russia, The Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Spain, France, South Africa, and others. Great education for my home schooled kids.

So if a Babushka is a nice grandmotherly type, what is a babusha? Sorry for the long-assed post!

Great post Olive, Babushka is what a woman would wear on her head to go outside and in Belarus it means Grandmother. Da Pabacennia is a proper nice way to say goodbye. My wife is a speaker of three languages and I'm just trying to speak one. She went to Russia in 1976 for a summer and enjoyed the culture. You should try learning New Zealand.....now there's a hard one to learn ;)

Respectfully,

A Babushka is a Grandmother in the Russian language. When the word is used often in America, people incorrectly thought it was the scarf that the old grandmothers always seem to wear.

Yes you are 100% correct,. The part of the country where I grew up has a lot of Eastern European immigrants. All the elderly women call their scarf Babuska. I called my Grandmother this and also her scarf. Dasvidanya, Tim

All I know is that if I call her Babushka, and am nice to her, she has a tendency to whip up a big ol' USA made chocolate cake and lots of after dinner liqueurs to wash it down with.

At her house I also have been introduced to meals with the africans where you have 20 different dishes that all contain plantain(sp?), and some kind of little ball of crap called FooFoo. I have been caught more than once throwing away a wadded up napkin full of food that someone else spooned up on my plate. There is no way on God's green earth that this country boy is going to eat something that I can't identify at first glance.