Belarus tractor and other random auction goodies

Olivetroad

All I know is that if I call her Babushka, and am nice to her, she has a tendency to whip up a big ol' USA made chocolate cake and lots of after dinner liqueurs to wash it down with.

At her house I also have been introduced to meals with the africans where you have 20 different dishes that all contain plantain(sp?), and some kind of little ball of crap called FooFoo. I have been caught more than once throwing away a wadded up napkin full of food that someone else spooned up on my plate. There is no way on God's green earth that this country boy is going to eat something that I can't identify at first glance.

That's a good one Olive, there is a lot to say about self perseverance ;)

That's a good one Olive, there is a lot to say about self perseverance ;)

Sorry but I always had a hard time eatin something that looked like "Blown Groceries" too. And there ain't much I won't eat out there.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Sorry but I always had a hard time eatin something that looked like "Blown Groceries" too. And there ain't much I won't eat out there.

Rob

A couple of days ago I went through the drive thru as my blushing pregnant bride called me to let me know the kitchen was closed as far as she was concerned. I bought a couple dozen McDoubles and McChicken sammiches on the dollar menu for me and the kiddos. I got to driving too fast around a corner while I was stealing frys out o' the bag, and I guess some of the McChickens fell out. I found them three or four days later and ate them for lunch in front of some buddies that thought I would just die on the spot after that - hell, they put so many chemicals in those things you could eat them a year later and be fine. The mayo was a little turned, but it went down okay.

I will eat about anything if it is rolled in salt and fried in lard - I like to think I have an iron stomach - but the time Rob pulled up his shirt to give his dewlap a scratch about did me in.

A couple of days ago I went through the drive thru as my blushing pregnant bride called me to let me know the kitchen was closed as far as she was concerned. I bought a couple dozen McDoubles and McChicken sammiches on the dollar menu for me and the kiddos. I got to driving too fast around a corner while I was stealing frys out o' the bag, and I guess some of the McChickens fell out. I found them three or four days later and ate them for lunch in front of some buddies that thought I would just die on the spot after that - hell, they put so many chemicals in those things you could eat them a year later and be fine. The mayo was a little turned, but it went down okay.

I will eat about anything if it is rolled in salt and fried in lard - I like to think I have an iron stomach - but the time Rob pulled up his shirt to give his dewlap a scratch about did me in.

Yeah but the blue streak running down between the folds was the dye "Momma" used on my jeans to cover up that large brown and yellow spot in back. She now boils them on the stove to set the dye into the fabric and it works a little better. Just turns the tops of my legs and lower ass cheeks blue for a couple days when fresh. Think her reference to this is "colorfast". All I know it the color leaves too fast cause if I leak when farting the color runs fast down my legs.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Plantains are a Caribean/Cuban regular food. Look like large bananas. Let them get brown,real brown, slice on the diagonal and fry.

Side dish along with black beans and rice. Cubans use these often

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Plantains are a Caribean/Cuban regular food. Look like large bananas. Let them get brown,real brown, slice on the diagonal and fry.

Side dish along with black beans and rice. Cubans use these often

Thanks Mister Ed!

post-6658-0-48314800-1332639688.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the Belarus tractor - my lawn mower went ka-blue-ee a couple of days ago, so the blushing bride gave me the A-Okay to buy a finish mower for the thing:

post-6658-0-31119400-1334197018_thumb.jp

It works great on there - the only drawback is it does not have live power for the PTO - when you push in the clutch to stop your forward travel, the PTO stops as well.

The tractor had a fitting on the three point hydraulic cylinder that leaked a little - I replaced it and then searched for 15 minutes to find the hidden hydraulic oil fill hole - the engineer that designed it should be shot - you have a little over an inch to pour in hydraulic fluid. I had to get a hand pump with a hose to fill the silly thing.

post-6658-0-16064800-1334197059_thumb.jp

Other than that, the tractor has been great - and uses very little fuel.

Nice to hear your enjoying your Slavic tractor. Olive, if you go to your local tractor supply center you can get an adapter that will allow your mower to continue to spin when you push in the clutch. It acts like a ratchet and is much safer if you get to the end of the field and push in the clutch you will stop in stead of getting pushed over the stone wall.

Bought a new 570 Belarus with cab in 1990 to run my Lely disc mower for roadside cutting for the Ontario MTO when the tranny went in my IH 624 for the 2nd time. Great basic tractor, good on fuel & half the price of the Teneco fake IH or Deere. :twothumbsup:

Cook fries up a plantain for breakfast every morning along with whatever else is on the menu.

Edited by busman7

Bought a new 570 Belarus with cab in 1990 to run my Lely disc mower for roadside cutting for the Ontario MTO when the tranny went in my IH 624 for the 2nd time. Great basic tractor, good on fuel & half the price of the Teneco fake IH or Deere. :twothumbsup:

Cook fries up a plantain for breakfast every morning along with whatever else is on the menu.

If I called my blushing bride "cook" I would find out there is another use for a cast iron skillet than cooking!

Is Lely still in business? We also had a lely disc mower years ago when disc mowers first came out, but I never see them anymore.

There are quite a few Belarus tractors in my area. I guess they were bringing them in by the truck load (literally) and selling them dirt cheap compared to Deere's and Case's. Shifters seem really wierd to me the way you twist the knob for ranges and move the stick for shifting gears

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

There are quite a few Belarus tractors in my area. I guess they were bringing them in by the truck load (literally) and selling them dirt cheap compared to Deere's and Case's. Shifters seem really wierd to me the way you twist the knob for ranges and move the stick for shifting gears

I agree with you on the shifting part for sure. Hard to get used to. Zetor tractors from Slovakia are bullet proof as long as you down over heat the air cooled engine.