MH Started

farmer52

I started my MH today. The last time it ran was December 2011. I did not charge the batteries and it was running after 2 revolutions. I removed the exhaust pipe and am taking it to Grand Rock to have a new one made from stainless. I am going to put a straight chrome stack on it rather then a muffler.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Hello Ken. I yanked my exhaust system off mine today. I need to go to the Mack dealer tomorrow to get the hardware for my cab shocks and will take the exhaust and see what they have to say. I was hoping you would get your straight pipe on first so you could see how loud it was.

Fred

I am definitely going with a straight pipe, stainless from the turbo to the vertical elbow. Then a 6'-7' chrome vertical straight pipe with curved outlet. My friend where I have it stored has a R dump with E6-300 and straight pipe. He said it is only loud when loaded and pulling hard.

I hope to have in a few weeks. I will keep you posted.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I stretched the legs on my truck Sunday going to NEO meeting. I even strung it out in double OD to see if it would do it. Not sure what speed but likely about 75 before I ran out of straight level road. Still had 300 rpm to go. Had the radio on and coming home I heard a few comments about the pavement I was tearing up in a B model!! Dont think many have seen one running 75 before LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Larry - I hope you had both hands on the steering wheel.

Naw............one on the wheel, the other hang'n out the window wav'n traffic outta the way.............LOL!!! I come down the hill from Rittman heading towards the scalehouse hill and figured I'd try it out. Just doesn't accelerate too quickly at 75+, just kinda easing it up a bit at a time. Only about a mile of straight before the big hill and that hill really knocks the wind out quickly. A barndoor with only 180 hp doesn't go too fast!!

Is kinda neat to be able to roll with traffic at 65-70, then throw'r in Double Boogie Overdrive and just ease on past them with RPM to spare. Of course once I hook on the trailer all these pipe dreams fade quickly LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"