LJ Mack with Clariben hood

Found this over at Hank's,usually don't to care too much for this "upgrade" but this one does'nt look all that bad.............................Mark

I don't think I've seen a single one that I like the looks of cosmetically. However, if'n I were making a living in a truck when they were commonplace, I think I would have rated the convienience of service over the cosmetic appeal. Food on the table is always first and making the job easier fits right in with that analogy.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't think I've seen a single one that I like the looks of cosmetically. However, if'n I were making a living in a truck when they were commonplace, I think I would have rated the convienience of service over the cosmetic appeal. Food on the table is always first and making the job easier fits right in with that analogy.

Rob

I agree,i'm not "in love" with it myself,but this one looks better than some of them i've seen,far as paint finished,fit etc........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The last year for the LJ was 1956, although I don't suppose too many were made after the B series came out in 1953. The Clariben hood and the paint job does somewhat modernize the tractor.

Actually,the only LJ's built after the B was introduced were the heavy duty LJSW,LJSWX etc.They continued until the B80 series was introduced in '56.An LJ tractor such as this wouldn't be any newer than '53.
  • Like 1

post-510-0-29424000-1332378103_thumb.jpgHeres one that was on with Pirkle,back in the day! And one that belonged to a Manders from the Twin City area of Minnesota.Must be a relation of Sid's.post-510-0-61890900-1332378282_thumb.jpg Funky,yet functional, describes these 2 LJ's :clock_logo: Thanks to Bill Bedell for snapping these 2 pics!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA