Crossmember

leversole

Looking for a crossmember 32 1/2" wide...looking for the type that goes between the cab crossmember and the rears...

Thanks

Leslie

Make it from a 2X4 1/4 wall tube and 3/16ths side plates if you don't find one.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks! Was thinking of that...split it in the middle, install and weld back up?!?

Thanks! Was thinking of that...split it in the middle, install and weld back up?!?

I've never had to split one. The 3/16" side plates will deflect enough to drive it into place. Then drill through the frame rails, and side plates to bolt everything up tightly.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I don't know what sizes they come in,but the new style 2 piece crossmembers work really slick,and as much as I hate to admit it,they don't crack like the old ones do.

Is there a part number? I can call the local Mack Dealer...prolly die of sticker shock!

Is there a part number? I can call the local Mack Dealer...prolly die of sticker shock!

PG Adams will make them also.

Rob

Cut up!? [GASP]!!.....

I can't save them all. I am going to cut up a B42s, a B85f chassis and a B61s frame. I would like to keep them, but the township has tagged them and i don't have anywhere to go with them. There isn't much good left on them.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I can't save them all. I am going to cut up a B42s, a B85f chassis and a B61s frame. I would like to keep them, but the township has tagged them and i don't have anywhere to go with them. There isn't much good left on them.

Mike

Hey Mike, Would you at least send in the numbers off the frames before you destroy them forever to the Mack Museum?

mike