Here's Hopin'

HeavyGunner

Firemen don't have to have a CDL to drive a pumper at a higher rate of speed to a fire. All they have to have is a letter signed by the cheif saying they safe to drive.

This has been my biggest bitch. Oh you ought to see some of the yo-yo's back home. hell in Ft. Laud they got banned from bringing anything to the shop. They must call and have a mechanic come get it. They hit everything even with spotters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They run heavier then regular trucks. I know a factory rescue is already over gross weigh before the equipment is put in. Sunrise has a tandem platform and it is 83k on 3 axles. Sorry but they got to go over the same weight restricted bridges I can't go over bobtail. and I am a hell of a lot lighter. Before I went out on my own I did drive for a firefighter and we went round and round more me just yanking his chain. I do believe Fire personnel needs to go thru a cdl course to be able to drive something that heavy

Off brand. Way off.

Off brands leave a bitter after taste, (like me).

With a "slurpy" girl like that, You'd need mouthwash? I'd be willing to be your earlobes would be wet too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Off brands leave a bitter after taste, (like me).

With a "slurpy" girl like that, You'd need mouthwash? I'd be willing to be your earlobes would be wet too.

Rob

I don't think I would get that far. My hope would be death as a result of the initial impact.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Well as promised I am updating my progress on this post good or bad and just when I was starting to think I didnt make the cut I recieved a phone call today asking if I could come up and go for a driving test with the companies driver trainer this friday!! Told the gentlemen I needed to make sure I could get the time off from work got the time off and I get to go try out for the team friday. I guess there are 6 other finalists that are going to try out as well. I wont have any trouble with the driving portion so hopefully everything just clicks and my already working for the company (just a different division) will give me the edge. Let you guys know how things are going when I find out more.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Congrats on your progress.

Some employers are now checking websites such as Facebook when doing background checks on prospective employees, even when changing positions within a company. If they ask about BMT, tell them you are a proud BMT Veteran VIP Bulldog I suggest you lie and blame your participation on hackers.

• Like 1

Jim

Blame the bad visuals on GD, he put 'em up and defiled my thread! I will keep you guys posted.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Yum!

I'm going LAST at the gang bang!!! I will not be deprived!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

First: Good Luck! Hope you get the job.

Second: I was going to retaliate Black Butte and T V girl with another shot of the worlds biggest boob......Google showed me P Bo

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Went and took my test run with the driver trainer and nailed it! Had to take a straight tanker truck with a 4 axle tanker pup out to the oil fields and navigate thru some very rutted out trails (no gravel) and around some very tight fitting tank batteries. Then the trainer had me pull up on a gravel road intersection and back the outfit up so I could make a very tight turn into a gate to go to the next tank battery. Had no problems with the driving test, aced everything according to their trainer. To my surprise when I got back I got an unannounced interview and feel it couldnt have went better. The fella that interviewed me was second in charge at the facility and did the interview because the head boss was out of the office 'til today. At the end of the interview I shook the man's hand and he said he would like to see more of me around and I asked when I could expect to hear from them and he said the boss will be back monday (today) and we will just have to go from there. I am very confident that I will get this job, everything just seemed to fall into place, people seemed happy with training run and the interview. So now I just am waiting very anxiously. Oh and did I mention its a hell of a big raise and you only work 3 yes three days a week!!!! Yes they are long days (12-14hrs) but hell I work a lot of long days here 5, 6 sometimes 7 days a week!!! Think of all the time I will have to work on my Mack. Will let you guys know as soon as I do.

• Like 2

Congratulations on nailing the road test and interview! Here's Hopin' we will soon be doing some celebratory defiling of this thread in the near future.

I wouldnt expect anything less from you guys :twothumbsup:

Sounds like a good test - have you been rubbin' on Black Butte for good luck?

If you get her excited she wil squirt for you so be careful.

Rob

Sounds like a good test - have you been rubbin' on Black Butte for good luck?

I bet that's why I am going bald.

• 4 weeks later...

Well this should be the final chapter in this thread (minus the defiling of it). Got a call today just before noon letting me know that my paper work all went thru and I START MY NEW JOB JUNE 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

I am so dang excited for the new hours and much higher pay. I feel very fortunate when considering how bad the economy is and I am getting a higher paying gig.

• Like 1