Barry, and Tim Maikshilo's special day:

Rob

Are these some kind of strange east coast thing? I won't have to pronounce things weird after eating them with a Jersey twang will I?

I had a guy from PA fly in yesterday and pick up a CCC trash truck he bought to drive it home. He got out of the taxi, looked around at my cows, and said " I have never been way out west before" He bragged about how he was from a lot bigger place than I was. This really made me enjoy it today when he called me to complain that it would not start and it turns out he did not know to put the stupid thing in neutral!

Are these some kind of strange east coast thing? I won't have to pronounce things weird after eating them with a Jersey twang will I?

I had a guy from PA fly in yesterday and pick up a CCC trash truck he bought to drive it home. He got out of the taxi, looked around at my cows, and said " I have never been way out west before" He bragged about how he was from a lot bigger place than I was. This really made me enjoy it today when he called me to complain that it would not start and it turns out he did not know to put the stupid thing in neutral!

it's a new one on me. now i'll have to look for them at the Wal-Mart store.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You all should come down here for the week long Polaski festival in Polish Town.... Perogies, Kolaczki cookies and Matyjasz Beer...to strong even for the Germans...

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Is that pronounced "Pee ORjeez"? That reminds of this one time.......

Depends :)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Peeorgies? nevuh hoid ovem,,,,,,,,,randyp

Am I the only one that thinks that sounds like something you would go to the doctor's office to get a shot for?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well if you eat to many you may have to get your prostate checked.

careful now; we don't want to get randyp excited going into the weekend.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'll get my wife to write her recipe down and send it to ya!..................................Mark

I got the green light, the go ahead, the A-Ok, permission done been granted to eat 'em but first we gots to have the recipe!

Mark - I think I am dieing, I have not eaten in 24 hours. I am now on a perogies only diet, and there are none to be found around here.

I got the green light, the go ahead, the A-Ok, permission done been granted to eat 'em but first we gots to have the recipe!

Mark - I think I am dieing, I have not eaten in 24 hours. I am now on a perogies only diet, and there are none to be found around here.

Olivetroad,

As soon as I come in for morning chores I'll have Kristen go through the operation step by step. Don't want you to go on a hunger strike!

O.K.--here is the pierogie recipe:

Dough:

4 tbs melted butter

1/2 cup milk

1 egg, beaten

2 cups flour

Mix all these ingredients together. Place on floured surface and knead for 2 minutes (do not over knead or the dogh will be tough). Place in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.

While dough is in the fridge, make the stuffing.

3 potatoes

2 tbs butter

1/2 small onion-finely chopped

1 cup shredded cheese

1 tbs vegetable oil

2 heaping tbs flour

Peel and boil potatoes, drain them and mash.

Saute onion in butter and add to mashed potatoe.

Mix in cheese and add oil and flour.

Roll out dough thinly. The thinner the better. Cut out circle (an empty and washed tuna can is the perfect size). Fill 1/2 of circle with a teaspoon of the potatoe mixture. Fold over and press the edges so it is the shape of a half moon. Do this until all the dough is used. Place them in a pot of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. take them out with a slotted spoon. You can eat them now. We prefer to fry them slightly in butter with onions. Serve with sour cream.

There you go, Kristen typed it because I'm no cook. Enjoy!

It sounds good BUT : Im a Southern Country boy . if it anit Soul Food or Fried somehow i anit herd of it :loldude: .

Course now days i tend to stay away from the fried foods per dr orders & thats how i lost alot of weight . BUT MAN I MISS MY FRIED GREEN MATERS & FRIED OKRA !!! :(

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

When we first moved to PA we felt obligated to try them since they were apparently a major part of the local culture. I like maybe 1 or 2 as a side dish but not as an entree. I used to eat them as a full meal, but I eventually began pouring tomato sauce on them. I finally convinced myself to stop living a lie and went out and bought some ravioli.

Jim

LMAO! nope,you can still use a "mizzora" accent! sorry about the recipe delay,been a damn busy week!,but looks like you got a good one posted,wife says pretty much the same as hers anyway,hope you get the missus to fix em up for you,bet you'll enjoy em!...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

FINALLY! I done gots me a all writ out reciepe of them thar thing-a-ma-jigs.

It is too late to expect the 6 month pregnant wife to whip me up a batch, so she unhooked my leash and is going to allow me to have some bread and water. But no real food yet, I am still on the Pierogies diet.