Barry, and Tim Maikshilo's special day:

Rob

Them and Spagetti-O's kept me alive when I was a kid.

Rob

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Might sound like a dumbass,but i never knew chef boyardee was a real person till recently..................................................Mark

I guess that would make me a dumber-ass.

Jim

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I guess that would make me a dumber-ass.
Not really. Everything has a beginning. An Italian immigrant cook named Boiardi started selling canned pasta dishes in the 1920's here in America. The name was changed to Chef Boyardee as it sounded less immigrant for the american market. It's all history from there and millions of people have grown up on the products marketed under this name. I'm thinking ConAgra now owns the brand rights as it's been sold several times through the years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Not really. Everything has a beginning. An Italian immigrant cook named Boiardi started selling canned pasta dishes in the 1920's here in America. The name was changed to Chef Boyardee as it sounded less immigrant for the american market. It's all history from there and millions of people have grown up on the products marketed under this name. I'm thinking ConAgra now owns the brand rights as it's been sold several times through the years.

Rob

Yes, I know. :D

Jim

Rob

Yup,thats what i saw on the history channel one night about famous foods,it also said he supplied countless tons of canned food to the military during WWII..............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yup,thats what i saw on the history channel one night about famous foods,it also said he supplied countless tons of canned food to the military during WWII..............Mark

During the war much of the pasta was manufactured in St. Louis that went into the products. Much of the meat was produced in E. St. Louis IL at both the Armor, and Hormel plants then located there. My grandma worked at both plants as a butcher/packer at that time for the war effort.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looking to waste some time while filling your brain with useless info? I know that sounds like multi-tasking but it's believe me, it's worth it.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Chef_Boyardee

http://en.wikipedia..../Ettore_Boiardi

Just as soon as I started to read this fine, fine, thread, me thinks: I will have to look in wikipedia about my ol' favorite Chef. But you were such a multitasker and good folks that you even gave me a link!

You are truly a Gentleman and a Scholar!

Just as soon as I started to read this fine, fine, thread, me thinks: I will have to look in wikipedia about my ol' favorite Chef. But you were such a multitasker and good folks that you even gave me a link!

You are truly a Gentleman and a Scholar!

You can add Chef BoyArDee Historian to that resume'.

Jim

During the war much of the pasta was manufactured in St. Louis that went into the products. Much of the meat was produced in E. St. Louis IL at both the Armor, and Hormel plants then located there. My grandma worked at both plants as a butcher/packer at that time for the war effort.

Rob

Well than, I ate alot of your Grandmas cooking! Grew up on Spam and probably was one of the few who liked it in the service and it was probably WWII issue too. Spam, Cod fish cakes and oat meal....

You earned this award today

Paul

post-3242-0-67313400-1329753391.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE