What sort of R model is this truck

It doesn't look to me like the hood can be opened without rubbing on the hard nose grille shell unless the hood either pulls forward a bit, or raises slightly.

I kinda like it however.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It doesn't look to me like the hood can be opened without rubbing on the hard nose grille shell unless the hood either pulls forward a bit, or raises slightly.

I kinda like it however.

Rob

They used the hard nose hinges that are mounted forward of the hood so it should start going up as it's going forward over the radiator. Probably why there is no Bullbog though.

• 5 years later...

Looks like the late 60s early 70s R model hood with the steel grille! Kinda looks like the steel grille shell is bolted to the original fibreglass hood! Would almost have to raise up to clear the bumper photos kinda dark! I too prefer single head lights with "road lights" Perluxe etc in or under the bumper! Is very unique,I like it!