Nice U model on truckpaper

myself personaly would take the crane & flatbed off if frame needed to be shortend , shorten the frame just enough for a 15' to 16' dump bed w/ air tailgate & elec tarp .

& have me nice Tandem :mack1: Dump that could legally haul 20 tons of material.

Def a money maker like Bob said .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

myself personaly would take the crane & flatbed off if frame needed to be shortend , shorten the frame just enough for a 15' to 16' dump bed w/ air tailgate & elec tarp .

& have me nice Tandem :mack1: Dump that could legally haul 20 tons of material.

Def a money maker like Bob said .

20 tons legally in a tandem dump??????What are your weight laws down there?Up here we can only gross 54,000 on a tandem,and that's only if you are long enough to bridge it.A tandem DM with a 15 ft. box up here would be lucky to net 15 tons legally.

20 tons legally in a tandem dump??????What are your weight laws down there?Up here we can only gross 54,000 on a tandem,and that's only if you are long enough to bridge it.A tandem DM with a 15 ft. box up here would be lucky to net 15 tons legally.

Hell in Fl On a tri we can get 21 to 23 tons. depending on your light weight

I remeber back in the day, putting 22 ton on a tandem. Older Ford 225 Cat, 5x4 tran. Come up a nice hill right out the asphalt plant.

Many trucks tried to shift up the hill. didn't make it

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

15 tons on a DM ?? Really ?? Just like Ar & Ms round here. <_< You seen those pics of randys bulldogs loaded to max w/dirt ? if we was running BACKROADS NOT HIGHWAY My Granddad (or pop as i called him) would have me or another operator load our Bulldog's, Acar & Jimmy the same way but tarped . that got to be known as a trademark. for us . my old man always had 4 or 5 dirt pits lined up cause he sold so much dirt in the backwoods of Millington. almost garuntee there was close to 30 tons on the truck . :loldude: If we was running the Highway or bigroad it was under the sideboards & legal .

Tn we can haul 10 tons of material on a s/a dump legally Tandem dump 20 tons legally Tri axle dump is up to 24.5 tons leagaly. depends on the light weight of the truck on all 3 limits.

Now if we cross into Ar or Ms the weight laws are 15tons on a tandem or triaxle . & neither of them reconize the cheater axle for weight limits but if you have it & you dont have it down when loaded crossing the scales or Diesel Bear stops ya the Fine is outrageous!!! :wacko: when myself & my family had our trucks that were in our small excavating co. we would go to ar or ms when we had a job that way but the tandems would go in the pits in those states & the triaxles stayed here in Tn hauling for other buddies in the same line of work .

Round here in the Memphis area alot of guys that have Tri axles that live in E. Ar or N.Ms lease on to the pits here in Tn so they can make more money due to the weight laws here & i dont blame them .

I remeber back in the day, putting 22 ton on a tandem. Older Ford 225 Cat, 5x4 tran. Come up a nice hill right out the asphalt plant.

Many trucks tried to shift up the hill. didn't make it

Same way here We got a rock pit where the material (all except the river sand) comes in on barges . this pit is in Memphis behind the old IH Plant & bumps up against the Ms river . When your loaded & ya you are coming out the pit you better have some good momentioum (sp?)cause its real nice steep grade & if ya anit got the speed ya may not make it. BTW It's a SWEET SOUNDING 988B Cat loader that they bought new when i was 5 or 6 yrs old. Always Loved hearing that 3408 Cat Working. Still do that ole loader still going strong looks like new & still running everyday. same operator since new.

Same here in Missouri - I see tandem DM's with a 64,000 gvw and we can't even legally load them up to use them around here

Same here in Missouri - I see tandem DM's with a 64,000 gvw and we can't even legally load them up to use them around here

Yeah but atleast one thing. they are over built for the area and almost bullet proof. Well alot more idiot proof.

Yeah but atleast one thing. they are over built for the area and almost bullet proof. Well alot more idiot proof.

Amen Brother !! I Could Teach Bear the Chimp to Drive a Bulldog .

After being in a Bulldog Bear the chimp would take a leak on that Pogo Stick K Whopper. :loldude:

Olive i used to run out of the Gravel pit round Dyersburg,Tn (cant think of the name of the pit @ the time ) some if things were Extremley slow here. & than ran to the Bootheel of Mo. up there & it reminded me of going to Ms & Ar . here. I Took my 85' GMC Brigaider Tri Axle dump up there when i leased on to the pit for a short time . i quickly learned Mo was the same as Ms & Ar on the 3rd axle. after that i took the tandem dumps up there . i wasnt wearing out an extra set of tires just for 15 tons of material.

Amen Brother !! I Could Teach Bear the Chimp to Drive a Bulldog .

After being in a Bulldog Bear the chimp would take a leak on that Pogo Stick K Whopper. :loldude:

Olive i used to run out of the Gravel pit round Dyersburg,Tn (cant think of the name of the pit @ the time ) some if things were Extremley slow here. & than ran to the Bootheel of Mo. up there & it reminded me of going to Ms & Ar . here. I Took my 85' GMC Brigaider Tri Axle dump up there when i leased on to the pit for a short time . i quickly learned Mo was the same as Ms & Ar on the 3rd axle. after that i took the tandem dumps up there . i wasnt wearing out an extra set of tires just for 15 tons of material.

The only advantage we have found with a heavier chassis (other than longevity) is when we run trucks with logger plates. I don't totally understand it, and I KNOW the average DOT boy does not fully understand the law either, but basically logger plates allow us to legally gross a higher weight on a tandem axle truck, but limits us to certain classes of highways.

If we are pulled over in a truck licensed with logger plates, they are not allowed to put us up on set of portable scales, they have to measure the load and base the weight on a formula that uses the cubic feet of the actual logs to determine if we are over loaded or not. So we love our old triple framed DM600 with the cones on the rear axles - the heavier the better, because it does not matter what it weighs empty, and the additional weight of the heavier truck does not contribute towards the amount of logs we can legally carry. Clear as mud? Ha Ha! The real trouble is you don't know who is going to pull you over and if they read this chapter in their little guide book or not. It is one of those deals where the man in the field, the lady at the license office, and the folks at the capital all think the same law means three different things.

The big drawback of logger plates is you are restricted to only hauling forest products with the truck. We no longer run with log plates here as sometimes we get a backhaul of some other thing after we unload at the mill or we just want to use the truck for some other purpose during the year. We stopped using them when I used a truck with log plates to haul a bunch of big square bales of hay home and got in deeeeeep (as deep in my wallet) trouble with DOT over that one.

here in kentuckyif you tag it for 80,000 you can haul it no mater if its a tandem or tractor trailer as long as you are not the interstate. but most of the quaries will only load 60,000. the guy i started working for today has a single axle truck with a tag trailer and it is taged for 80,000 and he hauls his excavatiors on it and he is legal on any roads except interstates. if you are hauling coal you can buy overweight permits for practicly nothing and legaly haul 94,500 on a tandem and 120,000 with tractor trailer.

here in kentuckyif you tag it for 80,000 you can haul it no mater if its a tandem or tractor trailer as long as you are not the interstate. but most of the quaries will only load 60,000. the guy i started working for today has a single axle truck with a tag trailer and it is taged for 80,000 and he hauls his excavatiors on it and he is legal on any roads except interstates. if you are hauling coal you can buy overweight permits for practicly nothing and legaly haul 94,500 on a tandem and 120,000 with tractor trailer.

I have a weight ticket around here somewhere from riding with my cousin on a trip to the tipple...over 205,000 gross...it was mostly first gear uphill...I could not believe he had that much weight on! He said he would go to prison if they caught him!

I have a weight ticket around here somewhere from riding with my cousin on a trip to the tipple...over 205,000 gross...it was mostly first gear uphill...I could not believe he had that much weight on! He said he would go to prison if they caught him!

I always am amazed at what tires can take! How many tires did he have down on the road?

The only advantage we have found with a heavier chassis (other than longevity) is when we run trucks with logger plates. I don't totally understand it, and I KNOW the average DOT boy does not fully understand the law either, but basically logger plates allow us to legally gross a higher weight on a tandem axle truck, but limits us to certain classes of highways.

If we are pulled over in a truck licensed with logger plates, they are not allowed to put us up on set of portable scales, they have to measure the load and base the weight on a formula that uses the cubic feet of the actual logs to determine if we are over loaded or not. So we love our old triple framed DM600 with the cones on the rear axles - the heavier the better, because it does not matter what it weighs empty, and the additional weight of the heavier truck does not contribute towards the amount of logs we can legally carry. Clear as mud? Ha Ha! The real trouble is you don't know who is going to pull you over and if they read this chapter in their little guide book or not. It is one of those deals where the man in the field, the lady at the license office, and the folks at the capital all think the same law means three different things.

The big drawback of logger plates is you are restricted to only hauling forest products with the truck. We no longer run with log plates here as sometimes we get a backhaul of some other thing after we unload at the mill or we just want to use the truck for some other purpose during the year. We stopped using them when I used a truck with log plates to haul a bunch of big square bales of hay home and got in deeeeeep (as deep in my wallet) trouble with DOT over that one.

Logger Plates in Mo. sound alot like Joint (Farm )Tags here in Tn. You can only haul a certain type of product in yalls case like you said Forest Products. It amazes me now that "old dog" (my namesake & dads ole B422T S/A Tractor) Had joint tags on him & "old dog" was between our farm operation & Excavating Co. & Hauling equipment to a dirt job 1 day & Seed , Fertilizer & any kind of Ag Product for the farm the next day . guess it helped pop was friends w/ the DOT Man all those years . (i still am myself)