Ponderificous Decision

randyp

I hates decision making like this. I been studying on when I get loboy paid off, wich isnt too long off, bout getting a pintle hitch trailer to pull with dump truck. Both dump trucks already have hitches. Killer has never had a bad day yet, always up and ready to make a move, but no doubt is aging. Pintle would move my stuff, no doubt faster than Killer. A fellow dirt competitor has asked me bout buying Killer 3 or 4 times this past year. I always just said no, but dammit, he has put bug in my ear! Today he stopped by where i was working and made a hell of an offer for Killer and loboy. Gonna have to think bout this, dont know if i could stand it. It would be one less truck to insure and register, but moving without Killer wouldnt be fun. Gonna have to ponder,,,,dammit,,,,randyp

keep ponderin.............i know what u mean about usin a pintle. we only use lowboy to move the loads that wont go on an elevated trailer so easily. can all ur loads be hauled on trailer w pintle? you know the logical move is to keep killer and add trailer though.................aj

Pintle would move what I have, Hitachi 120 excavator, and Komatsu D-41 dozer. I use lil motor grader sometimes, it would move it, most times I just road it though. I use JD rubber tire backhoe that I road most of time also. It would streamline things, but still gonna ponder a while, sure would miss Killer. It is so dern easy to drive up on that loboy too and easier to back up. I hates decisions,,,randyp

Pintle would move what I have, Hitachi 120 excavator, and Komatsu D-41 dozer. I use lil motor grader sometimes, it would move it, most times I just road it though. I use JD rubber tire backhoe that I road most of time also. It would streamline things, but still gonna ponder a while, sure would miss Killer. It is so dern easy to drive up on that loboy too and easier to back up. I hates decisions,,,randyp

I'd prolly look really serious into installing a 300+ into "killer" and being easy on the throttle pedal. You like that truck so should be kept.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You will miss the lowboy. I sold a nice Rodgers detach and bought a pintle hitch to pull with a dump truck as I thought it would let me get by with one less truck.

We found out that we needed then to have another dump truck as one had to be hooked to the trailer all the time and it just never worked as well trying to arrange the truck to pull the trailer and still haul rock.

Thanks for all input, gonna ponder all day, thanks for that option Jay, if happens, would rather it go your way, then wouldnt have to witness hands "ravishing" my shifters right in front of me, I know it would have a good home. Gonna go dig and ponder,,,thanks all,,,randyp

I run both, lowboy and 25 ton tag. I find it easier with the tag only because when you get to a job, you can drop the trailer and start hauling dirt. It makes it easier for me because I am a one man show (don"t like baby sitting). I keep the lowboy to go along with my superliner but I have that for other jobs as well, including water tanker for filling swimming pools, dump trailer for hauling stumps and boulders, and I also have a hitch on the tractor to pull the tag when needed. I'm sorry but I have a hard time selling anything. Everytime I bring home a new piece, my wife askes me "how many trucks can you drive at one time?" Looking at that CL on ebay right now, if my wife only knew. Like that big horse V-8, but I have pairs of all the rest, 2-B's, 2 RD's, and 2 Superliners, that means I will have to buy 2 CL's! LOL

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Well, It went down like dis. Bout daylight this morning, plugged I-pad ear buds in my ears, fired hitachi up and went to digging and swinging dirt to the tunes of Credence Clearwater in a Bayou. I ran a few trigonometric functions thru my head just to warm it up, then commenced on the "Killer B and trailer" quandary. I have cided to pay trailer off here real soon, Killers already paid off, and just buy me Pintle trailer and keep Killer and other trailer. It will help extend Killers life expectancy taking a lil load off him every now and again, and if one or other breaks down, i can still move. So,, Killer stays, trailer stays, i stays, that big boar head I hung out by road on a fence post that my sweetie says,,"Get that f*cking thing off that fence!",,well,,it stays too. Onliest time she uses that F word is when shes mad or horny. Hmf,,,She may just be so horny shes gone mad though,, either way, dont matter, head stays complete with tusks and all, thas the way it is, thanks all for input and help,,,,,,,randyp

I run both, lowboy and 25 ton tag. I find it easier with the tag only because when you get to a job, you can drop the trailer and start hauling dirt. It makes it easier for me because I am a one man show (don"t like baby sitting). I keep the lowboy to go along with my superliner but I have that for other jobs as well, including water tanker for filling swimming pools, dump trailer for hauling stumps and boulders, and I also have a hitch on the tractor to pull the tag when needed. I'm sorry but I have a hard time selling anything. Everytime I bring home a new piece, my wife askes me "how many trucks can you drive at one time?" Looking at that CL on ebay right now, if my wife only knew. Like that big horse V-8, but I have pairs of all the rest, 2-B's, 2 RD's, and 2 Superliners, that means I will have to buy 2 CL's! LOL

My sentiments exactly Mack, i work alone most of time too. i did hire a driver this week, hell, hes called off 2 days in a row now,,,Oh well,,,randyp

Well i come into this party a little late,seems you done already did your "ciyferin" i woulda said something like have you bumped your head? or lost your damn mind? you know damn well as i do you aint gettin' ridda that Mack anytime soon! CCR helps me think too!........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Splendid idear Hat! randyp

Erebody needs a trailer for floats in the parade. Clean upBee and trailer and offer its use to the High School band or maybe smaller group (think cheerleaders) . Folks will talk about it forever.

AND we need pics

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian