Antique truck with antique driver

Ha! That is funny - I "gained" a new brother in law recently that moved into a house on our farm with my sis. He is a very anal individual - first thing he did was go around and straighten, organize, clean, polish, fix, repair, and just completely work over the pile of stuff in the corner of the shed on that place. I waited until he was all done, then I went in and threw it all away - it was trash.

that's no way to be talkin' 'bout your new brother in law. you should go apoligize to him immediately for thinking he's a tool, even if he didn't know you think he's a tool.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hmmm - The word "tool". I think that is too good for him right now.

We get along fine, at least when he needs to borrow something. When it comes time to pay it back, he doesnt come around so often - whaz up wit dat?

I suspect that he suspects that you suspect that he's a tool. you should just go give him a hug.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I should save this thread to my favorites and read it every time I feel too lazy to do something. Okay not every time that wouldn't be practical, but every so often. He's quite an individual. Keep him healthy, nursing homes don't work for these kind of men. I lost my Dad at 92 this past September, he was just not meant to spend hours a day in bed.

Did the officer mention anything about having a D.O.T. number on both sides of the truck. I got a warning at a scale after having a door replaced and running he truck while waiting for new decals. I used my finger to write the number in the dirt on the door. One of us didn't find that amusing.

Edited by Green Dash
  • Like 2

Jim

I should save this thread to my favorites and read it every time I feel too lazy to do something. Okay not every time that wouldn't be practical, but every so often. He's quite an individual. Keep him healthy, nursing homes don't work for these kind of men. I lost my Dad at 92 this past September, he was just not meant to spend hours a day in bed.

Did the officer mention anything about having a D.O.T. number on both sides of the truck. I got a warning at a scale after having a door replaced and running he truck while waiting for new decals. I used my finger to write the number in the dirt on the door. One of us didn't find that amusing.

He does not have to have a DOT number as he runs with logger plates and he and I own the truck. It also helps that the local DOT guy drinks coffee some mornings at the local LD club at the general store.

The initials LD can mean a lot of things. I will let you guess what it stands for with these old guys.

He does not have to have a DOT number as he runs with logger plates and he and I own the truck. It also helps that the local DOT guy drinks coffee some mornings at the local LD club at the general store.

The initials LD can mean a lot of things. I will let you guess what it stands for with these old guys.

For some reason, the only "L" word I can think of is Limp. That's probably not it though.

Jim

Olivetroad, rest assured there will always be guys like that because they took the time to make an impression on guys like you who pass it down to guys like your boys and on and on. And Mackman and all of us. Thank God for guys like that! Trey

Amen Brother !! & no need to appoligize Mack Man Bulldog Man it's all good Bro. Trey i knew what ya ment . ;). to quote 1 of late great uncles . " i dont care what ya call me as long as ya call me to dinner ." :loldude:

Gee, even i'm almost speechless...but not quite. One of the greatest posts i've read here Olivetroad, absolutely a great story and thanks for sharing it. My hat's off to your uncle. And great pictures by the way- that's a beautiful home he built!

And thank you too Mack, great story too and i'm really sorry for your loss.

Now- I wondered about those shoes as soon as I saw them, they just didn't fit the profile! And that paint looks great- c'mon, didn't you have them trucks buffessionally painted at Otto's Affair, or something like that, in central Illinois?

Thanks Tom it's hard to believe it'll be 7 yrs come Apirl. Man time flys by quick.

Green Dash Im sorry to hear bout your loss . Your right The older generation anit built to stay idle all day.

Olive That's the way Pop was : He Coon Hunted w/ the Local DOT Man ;) I fish & hunt w/ him some Still . Good fella to know . ;)

They were always swapping Coon Dog tween 1 another somes they swapped dogs so fast it made MY head Spin . :lol:

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

The local DOT man pulled me over one time because he had some supervisor in the cab with him. We walked around the truck and he just told me to stay off the road for a few days as they were doing a big slam of the area. One of my mudflaps was ripped in half from backing into a hole. He pulled his pant leg way up to his knee and said - look, that is the right length of flap, see it is close to the hem of my pants.

The local DOT man pulled me over one time because he had some supervisor in the cab with him. We walked around the truck and he just told me to stay off the road for a few days as they were doing a big slam of the area. One of my mudflaps was ripped in half from backing into a hole. He pulled his pant leg way up to his knee and said - look, that is the right length of flap, see it is close to the hem of my pants.

Thats the way our buddy was . He would tell pop ahead of time (say like when they were Coon hunting or drinking coffee @ the local store) when the HEAD "BEAR" was coming out of Nashville & if we had any minor things wrong to get em fixed before that day that Head "Bear" was to be here in the Memphis aera or run the back roads . (which we did & i still do quite frequently)

He would come by the house & go to shop just to see if we had even the knit pick shit fixed that he knew that the guy from Nashville would get us for. Esp if we had to get out on the Highway. & couldnt avoid the Highways & Big Road .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: