Like New R Model Radiator

bowtiebulldog

I have a Radiator that was purchased BRAND NEW from Mack in 2004. This was a brand new core at the price of $1400.00. I built the radiator using my existing tanks which were thoroughly cleaned before installation. I parked the truck about 8 months after doing this.

This is the offset forward core to accomadate a viscous fan hub, so you can change your belts without tilting the radiator forward or smashing the fins.

I dont want to scrap it, but I'm tired of it sitting around. I am probably not going to build anymore Macks, so that is the reason for selling. It was in a 1977 R685ST, but I dont see any reason why it wouldn't fit any R 600 series, unsure if it would drop right in a 700.

Located in Central Indiana. Please call my cell and leave a message....765-661-2909

I have a Radiator that was purchased BRAND NEW from Mack in 2004. This was a brand new core at the price of $1400.00. I built the radiator using my existing tanks which were thoroughly cleaned before installation. I parked the truck about 8 months after doing this.

This is the offset forward core to accomadate a viscous fan hub, so you can change your belts without tilting the radiator forward or smashing the fins.

I dont want to scrap it, but I'm tired of it sitting around. I am probably not going to build anymore Macks, so that is the reason for selling. It was in a 1977 R685ST, but I dont see any reason why it wouldn't fit any R 600 series, unsure if it would drop right in a 700.

Located in Central Indiana. Please call my cell and leave a message....765-661-2909

I remember talking to you about that when I needed a radiator for one of my V8 700's. I had to have a taller than standard core made to fill the gap as my truck sits higher on the frame than standard due to "oil field" spec. I think I neglected to forward that information to you and if I did, please accept my belayed apology. That radiator will fit a standard R700 that is an "eastern" truck. It will not fit a "Western Mack" as the radiators are slimmer and taller.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks for the info Rob. I do have several other parts that I would probably sell. All Maxidyne or R Model and a few Cruiseliner. Pumps, Dayton hubs, Pair of front Budd hubbs for Mack, LHS R door, Tip turbine setups, etc.
I'll snoop when over for certain now. I have several projects we are gonna get started on in about a month so trying to finish up some somewhat "small stuff" over the cold times. Ain't much fun watching the electic and gas meters simulation propellers in the winter!! Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 5 years later...