Allis Chalmers scraper

What was fun was when those hot hydraulic lines right behind you would blow in the summer time. Loud, Hot, Dirty, Rough riding, take your pick on what it was that pissed you off, they all did me.

Last month I drove by a place where an old Allis scraper I used to drive was being cut up for scrap - made my day.

Never ran one of them but did run a newer Cat. Oh man take me off my Dozer any day of the week to run that. Power,Fast,and a hell of alot more comfy. Damn Deere think it was a 765 but hell it has been 14 years that thing would run rings around the 623

we hav ean old Heil scrapper, cable control h series cummins with a 5 speed. you feel like a real man at the end of the day when you ran that. 16 yds. in the bowl and it was easy to make it over flow. that thing could make black smoke and at nite when you were workin it there was a flame out the stack. still have it but broke an axle and have to fix it. dont have any thing big enough to act as a pusher anymore. when men were men.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

The Caterpillar's and IH's used in the mines around here were open ROPS with front and rear engines. Talk about some loud "music"!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Scrapers of all makes and models should be banned from earth, they are disgusting, loud, rough, MAN KILLERS! LOL. I think I have run every make and model ever made, including Terex and Cats largest made and I hate them all. I have a right to this opinion, I lay in a back brace for months because of a scraper, hate them, scrap them all. The very thought of putting a human up over the front wheels of one of these monsters gives me the geebies. Nevermind the fact they will move alot of dirt, would rather do it with a wheel barrow,,,LOL. Oh yeah, they claim "cushion ride" and "air ride", dont fall for that, its a trick to get you in it! Ifn i ever aquire a 105 howitzer, my first target will be a scraper. Well, thas my feelings, piss on a bunch of scrapers! randyp

• Like 1

Scrapers of all makes and models should be banned from earth, they are disgusting, loud, rough, MAN KILLERS! LOL. I think I have run every make and model ever made, including Terex and Cats largest made and I hate them all. I have a right to this opinion, I lay in a back brace for months because of a scraper, hate them, scrap them all. The very thought of putting a human up over the front wheels of one of these monsters gives me the geebies. Nevermind the fact they will move alot of dirt, would rather do it with a wheel barrow,,,LOL. Oh yeah, they claim "cushion ride" and "air ride", dont fall for that, its a trick to get you in it! Ifn i ever aquire a 105 howitzer, my first target will be a scraper. Well, thas my feelings, piss on a bunch of scrapers! randyp

I don't understand - do you or do you not like scrapers? - you are so am·big·u·ous

I don't understand - do you or do you not like scrapers? - you are so am·big·u·ous

It's just a enuendo. He wants one and don't have the money for it now that he's overextended in dump trucks.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have returned to continue my Oration on scrapers, (got a headache just typing "scrapers". Ifn you ever win lottery and have a coupla million bucks to just blow off or give way for tax purposes, go buy a used scraper. It will swallow money, belch, and beg for more. heh heh,,walk in any make scraper parts house and watch them elbow one another and snicker when you announe your intentions and desire for "scraper parts". I aint seen anyting like em, they contain billions of parts. I guess if you built one from ground up yourself from ordered "reman" parts, it would cost like 6 billion. Again, excuse my lengthy oration, piss on scrapers. boo, hiss,,,no sir Rob, you couldnt give me one or pay me to babysit one,,,,,randyp

I have returned to continue my Oration on scrapers, (got a headache just typing "scrapers". Ifn you ever win lottery and have a coupla million bucks to just blow off or give way for tax purposes, go buy a used scraper. It will swallow money, belch, and beg for more. heh heh,,walk in any make scraper parts house and watch them elbow one another and snicker when you announe your intentions and desire for "scraper parts". I aint seen anyting like em, they contain billions of parts. I guess if you built one from ground up yourself from ordered "reman" parts, it would cost like 6 billion. Again, excuse my lengthy oration, piss on scrapers. boo, hiss,,,no sir Rob, you couldnt give me one or pay me to babysit one,,,,,randyp
Still sounds like you're hiding "closet intentions" to me. I am unyet convinced you do not have a "fettish" for scrapers. I would take a gander as to gather you prefer the open ROPS seat beside engine type so you can smell the breeze in your face, and listen to the paddles against their sprockets operate in unison.

Rob

Years ago there was one type that had electric steering? Dose anyone recall this type?

Years ago there was one type that had electric steering? Dose anyone recall this type?

I've only seen the hydraulic type. I understand there were a few that used linear ball screws but they did not have a long life in the grit that exists in their operation.

Rob

The onlyiest thing I can give to a scrapers credit, is they will pull anything out or anywhere long as they got traction. The ones I am most familiar with are the double barreled or twin engine. They have the weight and horsepower. We used to hook 2 or 3 together in a "train" to drag dragline buckets on a skid or pull a stuck shovel out or up a steep ramp. Just lay your throttle foot cross both pedals and "stand on it". I always got a kick out of watching a first time scraper driver get to the end of his cut and try to turn out without letting up off rear engine throttle,,,heh heh,,,look of panic on their face was priceless. randyp

There you go reminicing about them. Won't be long and ole "Killer" will be pulling a trailer full of scraper home with ya.

Rob

And also whilst on this subject, reminds me of a time in my early coal mining days, when i was chosen as a "guinea pig" on the lead scraper to lower a rather large B&E coal shovel down a steep ramp to the pit floor. They were gonna walk shovel down ramp, it being electric and trailing cable down side of it, were worried bout shovel losing power and in that millisecond before brakes set, picking up too much momentum and running thru brakes and crashing into pit wall on other side. We hooked 4 scrapers behind it, I was in lead scraper hooked to shovel, and were all told to lighlty drag pans and be ready to bury them if a runaway happened. Bullshit, glad it didnt runaway cause left track on shovel alone vastly outweighed all of us put together. Shovel stood bout 3 stories high. I aged a lot in that lil walk down ramp. randyp

Idk I would still rather run that 621 or 23 self loader then my D6D. Might be the grader operators needed fix the road more. We ran ours on about a 3 or 4 mile hike with endumps. We'd run rings around them. Might be we had a big seat that took alot of shock and the cushion hitch took the rest.

Well, i will have to give a scraper one good point. Working the night shift, pull into a dark corner of pit, tilt steering wheel forward, raise air ride seat to top, feet in windshield, legs on steering wheel, its the perfect recliner. Engine making a nice soft idle, yes, scrapers are okay till you put them in gear. randyp