R Model Interior Parts

hello i have an 85 r690 with the tan interior , i'm looking to change it over to the later gray style level 3 ,any help on new parts or good used parts would really help, also looking for 55 gal aluminum fuel tanks for same truck thanks for any help joe

good luck finding them. Mack has discontinued alot of the interior parts even for trucks less then 6 years old.

I too as well as many others have been looking for these interior parts

I've got my interior parts (complete) into the upholstery shop as we speak being remade to original. I thought about reusing the imprinted bulldogs that are on the door cards, and cab back storage panel, but decided on a little different style that will show up better. This is a bit expensive to have done, but it will be nice upon completion.

If you need patterns for missing panels, let me know as I have directed the upholstery shop to not destroy anything original. Everything is to be new for this application, and I will keep the originals for patterns.

My truck has a full headliner, (with side skirts), overhead console, door cards, kick panels, full cab back panel, and windshield pillar covers, plus sunvisors. The dash is being redone also but it is covered foam glued to the metal framework.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob keep us posted on the results as i have not found any people to redo my interior. If yours turns out as expected I would like to contact them to have mine done. Might be a good way to get people aftermarket interiors if Mack does not want to stock our needed parts. :idunno:

• Like 1

Rob keep us posted on the results as i have not found any people to redo my interior. If yours turns out as expected I would like to contact them to have mine done. Might be a good way to get people aftermarket interiors if Mack does not want to stock our needed parts. :idunno:

Will do Trent. Maybe you could help me out a bit in your locale. I am looking for another air ride seat for the passenger side. My driver's seat is a "Level-Aire", marketed by Bostrom, but built by Lear-Siegler Inc. The seat is long discontinued and I would like to have another just like it. If one cannot be had, I will install a standard available air seat. The current seat is a small fixed type.

If you get to the Peoria area anytime soon, look me up and I'll take you to where my interior is being done.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Rob

My dad lives west of champaign (Mansfield to be exact), Ill see if he has what ur lookin for in his truck collection. ~Joe

Hey thanks Joe, I'd really like to have a matching air seat for my wife. I'm sure her back would appreciate it!!

Rob

• Like 1

Rob,

Add me to the list for a complete interior. I need it in black vinyl.

Dan

St. Louis, MO

Hey Dan, where are you in St. Louis? I grew up about 4 blocks from Bevo Mill just off Gravois, and Delore Streets.

Rob

It may be possible, if your plastic isn't all cracked up, to simply dye the pieces the color you want. I haven't tried this myself with any of my vehicles, but I have heard that it works pretty good. It's supposed to bond the plastic farily well and not crack and fall off like regular paint.

Mack- Built Tough to Ride Rough!

Driver and operator for Bertils Gravel and Excavation

good luck finding them. Mack has discontinued alot of the interior parts even for trucks less then 6 years old.

I too as well as many others have been looking for these interior parts

I guess I got extremely lucky when I was building my truck, I found a low mileage 98 R-model cab that had been laid on the RH side. I bought it for $75 with everything in it except for the seats and floor mat. All of the interior was in mint condition, and it even had the AC unit still under the dash! Good luck finding the peices you are looking for, I just stumbled up on this cab sitting in the weeds where it could barely be seen.

Jeff

1971 Mack R600 Toterhome "Superdawg"

living the life of leisure pulling

1999 NuWa Snowbird 34+2 SE102 "Dawghouse"

• 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/8/2007 at 12:04 PM, Rob said:

I've got my interior parts (complete) into the upholstery shop as we speak being remade to original. I thought about reusing the imprinted bulldogs that are on the door cards, and cab back storage panel, but decided on a little different style that will show up better. This is a bit expensive to have done, but it will be nice upon completion.

If you need patterns for missing panels, let me know as I have directed the upholstery shop to not destroy anything original. Everything is to be new for this application, and I will keep the originals for patterns.

My truck has a full headliner, (with side skirts), overhead console, door cards, kick panels, full cab back panel, and windshield pillar covers, plus sunvisors. The dash is being redone also but it is covered foam glued to the metal framework.

Rob

Are you still able to get these?