Resale value

bubbamobilin

Hell. everybody an their brother has a used T-600 for sale! now a western R-model is a real find! dependant upon overall condition, i would make a starting offer of $ 3500.00 go from there and see what shakes out...........just my .02.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You know what is so strange about the difference in these type trucks is how "iconic", or collectable each is, or will become. Despite my obvious bias towards the Mack "Western" I don't ever see the following for that Kenworth the Mack has. Nor will it garner the asking price when the ages are the same of the two units, even if adjusted for inflation.

The Mack if purchased for say $4500.00 has very little, (if any) depreciation left to the value, yet that Kenworth at the same age will be less valuable from the start. Of course I'm assuming both trucks are maintained and operate well.

Plus, "a turd is a turd" no matter how many times you polish it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You know what is so strange about the difference in these type trucks is how "iconic", or collectable each is, or will become. Despite my obvious bias towards the Mack "Western" I don't ever see the following for that Kenworth the Mack has. Nor will it garner the asking price when the ages are the same of the two units, even if adjusted for inflation.

The Mack if purchased for say $4500.00 has very little, (if any) depreciation left to the value, yet that Kenworth at the same age will be less valuable from the start. Of course I'm assuming both trucks are maintained and operate well.

Plus, "a turd is a turd" no matter how many times you polish it.

Rob

yep- W-9s,K100s, and especially Bullnoses might, but these newer ugly-ass all plastic trucks probably never will.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.