How to Entertain the Children This Christmas*

other dog

I was in the office at work this evening turning my paperwork in when I heard a loud noise coming from somewhere down around the shop. It's probably a hunnert yards or more from the office to the shop, and it sounded kinda like a tail gate on a dump truck slamming. Randy ( dispatcher Randy, not THE Randy ) said "what was that"? I said "I don't know". We don't have dump trucks. Didn't see anything out the back door. Jeff and Todd were both gone already.

So I strolled on outside and down the hill to the shop, stopped and got my check out of the shed, walked over to my high powered Kentworth truck for something, then I was walking over to go in the shop door at the rear of the shop while looking at my check and admiring it. Not paying too much attention to anything except the check at the time. Then I heard somebody yelling something...who's that?..oh, it was Naaman. He was in his truck backing a trailer into a hole. Couldn't hear what he was yelling. Then I saw him pointing at something and motioning for me to get away. Then I noticed a plastic windshield washer fluid bottle on the ground in front of me, with a trail of burning liquid going to it. "hmmmm" I thought. "That's sort of unusual, even for here".

Then I turned and ran for cover behind the dumpster. I peeped around the corner right when the jug exploded with a tremendous boom, and the cap from the jug whizzed by my head...might have even grazed my noggin a little.

When I went over Tom was standing just inside the shop holding a can of starting fluid and laughing like hell. Then I found out all the details of this great adventure and it sounded like such fun I thought of the "entertaining the kids" plan.

Just give them an acetylene torch, a cigarette lighter, a can of ether- or you could give them a can of gasoline instead I suppose- and some empty plastic bottles. Smaller bottles, like water or pepsi bottles, are actually better than the gallon jugs- much louder.

All they gotta do is hold the bottle upside down over the tip of the torch and turn the oxygen and acetylene on- don't light the torch, that could be dangerous!

Then screw the top on the bottle tight. Don't forget to turn the torch off!

Place the bottle in a clear spot- outside somewhere, or you could blow paint off the ceiling- then just spray ether ( or the gasoline) on it and around it and spray a small trail of ether ( or the gasoline) away from it for about 15 to 20 feets- whatever you feel safe with. Light the end of the trail and take cover!

When the fire burns a pinhole in the bottle full of acetylene and oxygen there'll be a tremendous supplosion!

Little bits of plastic everywhere...could keep them entertained for hours, or until the neighbors complain, or the cops show up.

The last time plastic bottles were 'sploding around there it was just by drilling a hole in the top and screwing an air chuck into it. Connect the hose, turn the valve, boom!

They could also hear that up at the office, and Todd said at the time he didn't want to hear another sound coming from down there that didn't involve work. As I said, he left early today so he didn't hear a thing.

* DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!*...even though some of the events described here could perhaps be partially true, this is meant to be a humorous post and not to be taken seriouslly. You should never, ever, let children- or adults, for that matter- play with matches, lighters, gasoline, acetylene, torches, starting fluid, duct tape, empty bottles, ceilings, dumpsters, hoses, valves, paint cans, 55 gallon drums, cell phones, or oxygen, as all could be considered dangerous!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

use a five gallon empty paint can with a lid, punch a small hole into the can. Make a wick from 2" masking tape covering the punched hole. Pull the tape back barely exposing the hole, insert a cutting torch tip into the hole and fill with oxygen till pressurized, administer just a touch of acetylene and as you remove the torch tip, cover the hole with the tape. Set this in the yard, light the tape and get the hell away from it. When it blows, windows will shake.

I've been doing this with the kids for years. I moved a 10.00X20 truck tire almost five feet with a one gallon paint can so be careful.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

mabey randy can use that to clean out the ponds. place the 5 gallon bomb in center of pond get way back and muck the pond it might make it a little deeper also. ifin it works it would save lots of time, fuel, and wear and tear on the equipment.

use a five gallon empty paint can with a lid, punch a small hole into the can. Make a wick from 2" masking tape covering the punched hole. Pull the tape back barely exposing the hole, insert a cutting torch tip into the hole and fill with oxygen till pressurized, administer just a touch of acetylene and as you remove the torch tip, cover the hole with the tape. Set this in the yard, light the tape and get the hell away from it. When it blows, windows will shake.

I've been doing this with the kids for years. I moved a 10.00X20 truck tire almost five feet with a one gallon paint can so be careful.

Rob

I'll print this recipe for disaster and take it to Tom at the shop.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

mabey randy can use that to clean out the ponds. place the 5 gallon bomb in center of pond get way back and muck the pond it might make it a little deeper also. ifin it works it would save lots of time, fuel, and wear and tear on the equipment.

Randy, Let us know how this works.

Back around highschool days, buddy and I were playing with balloons filled with a nice acetylene/oxygen mix. Piece of masking tape and BAM!!! We were having plenty of fun when a neighbor told us about his days at work with a trashbag full and blowing a hole in the parking lot.

Well, come July 4th that certain neighbor was having a big party with guys from work. They were all out eating in the back yard and buddy and I were filling a trash bag(with just compressed air), attached a piece of masking tape. We lit the tape and through it over the bushes and watched all the guys run for cover while the woman were standing in a daze. We laughed our asses off after the tape quit burning and the bag went "puff".

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

In the sad, but true category, most of the activity described here is illegal and considered to be a terrorist act.

Seriously, even making the so called Maquiver Bombs (alkali & foil in a soda bottle), is a crime that we arrested & prosecuted folks for.

Damn shame you just can't have fun anymore.

Now if you take a couple of ounces of black powder and, uh never mind.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!