breather on engine

rebelsoul79

have a 85 mack dump the air filter on the engine is open and keeps loading with dirt any one have any ideas on fixing this kinda problem there is no room to add a screen

An air filter loading with dirt and you want to curtail this?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I dont understand what you mean by "air filter is open". explain please. One thing you can try maybe, load it super heavy, try to start up on a steep incline, cause engine to hiccup and run backwards, will do a good cleanout on air filter, you can cleanout underwear later also,,,,randyp

if I understand this question he is saying the inlet lets in alot of dirt and collects in the bottom of the can,

There are a few products that help sift the dust out before it enters the filter housing. Its called a pre cleaner. It lets in air but makes it travel in a rotated path, as the air moves around it forces dirt to drop out and fall into a collector that can be emptied out when you see it full. Lots of construction machines have them. also stop following that guy that is driving in front of you. I often see guys following each other to close and the guy behind the lead truck is sucking in all that kicked up dust and dirt!.. stay back in the clean air!!

pre cleaner image

http://www.google.co...=1t:429,r:9,s:0

i just dont understand what this guy really wants to know?

I really don't know either but it's prolly due to not knowing how to ask the question for an answer.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.