Killer "B" out on the prairie

randyp

Took a long trip with Killer dragging dozer out on big giant large oversized ranch yesterday to repair a remote, and I mean REMOTE lake dam. I swear if im lying, Im dying, Killer left highway, turned into pasture, and i bet we went 5 miles over grass, opening and closing 46 gates, crossing small washes, scattering coyotes, etc. what a trip! randyp musta drove by 35 dried up ponds too.

post-4330-0-36809400-1321470416_thumb.jp

• Like 2

well, ats bout it gentlemens, made a whole day of it , fixed dam and made long trip back to killer and then long trip to highway. sure glad i took a jug of water with me and sack of moon pies and red rine cheese and box of crackers and jar of mustard,,,oh yeah,,and varmint gun,,,,tired randyp

• Like 1

Sounds like a longgg but Fun day!

yeah, was an interesting day. Dozer is prolly not the perfect touring machine. Just glad the Commanches are no longer a problem. i wouldnt have enjoyed being tied to a dozer sprocket wheel and being burnt to a crisp. They wouldnt have been very proud of my lil ole scalp anyway. randyp
  • Like 1

Sounds like an interesting trip! sure appreacieate you postin'them pitchers! maybe you should look into getting in touch with the history channel? a new reality show Randyp vs Texas prairie?......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Sounds like an interesting trip! sure appreacieate you postin'them pitchers! maybe you should look into getting in touch with the history channel? a new reality show Randyp vs Texas prairie?......................Mark

Now that sounds like a TV show. Like "Mad Max" meets "The Comancheros"!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

hey randyp----i see the power lines in a pic. was there a highway just over the hill?

you coulda just parked there but it wouldnt have been as much fun. aj

Giant transmission lines run across ranch, smaller line goes to a lonely irrigation pump at a dried pond, but highway is a loooooonnnnggg ways off. nice and quiet when i wasnt making racket. randyp

Looks like the west is still wild. How did you know where you were going?

He had directions from the rancher.

"....then ya turn left at the dead cow, pass 34 dried up ponds, at the 35th dried up pond turn left again, then yer gunna go straight fer a stretch 'til ya see a couple big coyotes under a tree, well you'll be wanting to shoot at them coyotes, but don't do it, their all that's keepin' the wild hogs at bay. Just after ya see them coyotes you turn left again and pass through 'bout 40 gates, then your gonna turn left again at the wash..."

• Like 1

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

You gonna start calling him a prairie dog now? lol

Don't do that. I used to "plink" them when out in Fallon NV for electronic warfare schools with a varmit rifle.

Might make the gorilla mad not having something to cuddle with when randyp is out on one of his "walkabouts".

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I did run into a feller in middle of prairie, he was walking and carrying a yellow plastic fuel can. I stopped and axed him if he wanted a ride and he said "No, Im in a hurry, I was test driving my Volvo, and ran out of fuel." I asked him if his name was Rob, and he said "No, my name is Bob, but I got a cousin up north named Rob, he likes Macks and gorillas though." randyp

I did run into a feller in middle of prairie, he was walking and carrying a yellow plastic fuel can. I stopped and axed him if he wanted a ride and he said "No, Im in a hurry, I was test driving my Volvo, and ran out of fuel." I asked him if his name was Rob, and he said "No, my name is Bob, but I got a cousin up north named Rob, he likes Macks and gorillas though." randyp

You met ole "cousin Bob"? I ain't seen that SOB since he let one of the shop cats get pregnant, and left in a hurry with the toilet stopped up. This just after I threw him a twenty to go get me some fuel. Come to think of it, my yellow fuel can is missing too.

He must be the reason the gorilla left and headed your ways down south. Coincidence eh? I think not.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You met ole "cousin Bob"? I ain't seen that SOB since he let one of the shop cats get pregnant, and left in a hurry with the toilet stopped up. This just after I threw him a twenty to go get me some fuel. Come to think of it, my yellow fuel can is missing too.

He must be the reason the gorilla left and headed your ways down south. Coincidence eh? I think not.

Rob

heh heh,,,Touche! On a sidenote cousin rob, I spent the day yesterday at your Alma Mater, Waco, Tex. at a VA meeting. Its a 4 hr drive from here, left early in morning and got back late last night. Im just gonna spend day doing lil maintenance and maybe wash gorilla. I-35 is one crowded up, choked up interstate! randyp