What is this truck?

I ended up getting the trailer home the other day. I knew the trailer was going to be rough, but it took way longer than I thought. I think I am going after the truck in the morning. As to the starting issue, I pulled the starter and took it to a local auto electric guy, and it spun like a champ. I must of had a bad connection when I was hooking straight to the batteries. I can't wait to get it home and start procrastinating!!!

P.S. Does anyone here know much about the 262 Cummins?

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

Hello all

I think this is my first post here after brousing for the last few years. I tried to buy this truck about six years ago but didn't have the funds. I would like to get a little information on this truck if anyone can help me out. The hood has a B77 emblem on it, but the door tag says B733 S 1712. I started the truck when I first looked at it and it sounded good. It has only been started once or twice since then. Would this truck be a possitive or negative ground? I believe he said it was a 1965 model. It will not build air due to what he called a dime valve in the compressor. Are these a common problem and does this sound like it could be the issue? The guy is asking $3000 for the truck and a stone age belly dump that is in rough shape. Do you think that this is in the correct ball park? Sorry for the rambling, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben

THAT BABY LOOKS LIKE IT WAS FROM THE ORIGINAL CASTING OF THE MOVIE "DUEL" !!! HAND OVER THE CASH AND GET HER HOME FAST!!

WAAHOO, its home. I ended up only paying $2000 in the end for the truck and trailer. Once I had it here I started looking the engine over and it appears I have a NTC 335. The tag on the pump says NTC 335 and I looked a few up on the net and they look like mine. Did the 73 come with 335's from the factory, or did someone swap it in? The 335 is the 855 cu in block correct? Any opinions on this engine, strengths and weaknesses? It also appears that these engines must have unit injectors? I have only been around newer Cummins, nothing this old.

Thank you all,

Ben (The newest B series owner)

post-6944-0-67151100-1322364437_thumb.jp

post-6944-0-75970500-1322364471_thumb.jp

1962 B733 L cab

WAAHOO, its home. I ended up only paying $2000 in the end for the truck and trailer. Once I had it here I started looking the engine over and it appears I have a NTC 335. The tag on the pump says NTC 335 and I looked a few up on the net and they look like mine. Did the 73 come with 335's from the factory, or did someone swap it in? The 335 is the 855 cu in block correct? Any opinions on this engine, strengths and weaknesses? It also appears that these engines must have unit injectors? I have only been around newer Cummins, nothing this old.

Thank you all,

Ben (The newest B series owner)

Should be a 743 cubic inch engine if memory serves. Also they tended to have a weak crankshaft snout but in the use you would give it, none of this would apply.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.