Whats a plus 3 cab?

Looked at a late DM 8 series and one thing mentioned was it had a "plus III cab". Didn't seem to be any different than my DM except the newer dash board. What is it? or isn't it? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul The R and U-Model cabs were 3" wider behind the door than the regulat cabs. The 700 series Brockways that used the same cab had an option of ordering plus 3" cab or standard cab. I have a q1975 Brockway N-758 that does not have the plus 3" cab. I wish it did as it gives more room for heavier drivers. Joe D.

Funny, I never really looked at the grab handle, but did feel better in the seat, I thought the dash made it feel roomier, Thanks for the info. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The 3" was added to the back of the cabs in 1973 when the dash was changed from hard green to brown vinyl. The short cabs had the the small grab handle and the +3 has the long (about 24").

The 1972 and prior cabs also used the style cab clearance lamps of the B series. The 1973 and newer used the torpedo style.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Paul The R and U-Model cabs were 3" wider behind the door than the regulat cabs. The 700 series Brockways that used the same cab had an option of ordering plus 3" cab or standard cab. I have a q1975 Brockway N-758 that does not have the plus 3" cab. I wish it did as it gives more room for heavier drivers. Joe D.

Joe D,

Did you buy that 758 with the Mack cab out of Franklyn Precast? I used to Del to that place sometimes an always saw that truck in the garage, it had on of those shake an bake mixers on her. They alway took good care of that truck an he always wanted me to buy it when he put his stationary mixer in , but I always liked the long nose trucks! Ithink It even had the org. Brockway mirrors on it!

Ernie DS BULLHUSK

i think the mack,,was also an option,,cause i had a 87 Umodel with the short cab,,and ive seen other later models with short ones,,but never heard it called plus 3.lol.bob

Ernie I did buy the 758 Brockway late last winter. It does have the correct original Huskie mirrors on it. The Huskies are pointing in on both mirrors. Truck has low miles 18,000=-. Cab is very good no rust but interior was trashed and needs replacement. We did come to an agreement on a fair price to both of us. I think you know the owner him and his Wife are nice people. I like the long nose 300 series also,I have a 361 single axle 250 Cummins 5x4 2 stick single axle. It has Budd Wheels which i do not care for on a Brockway. When you buy used you take whats offered. Joe D.

Ernie I did buy the 758 Brockway late last winter. It does have the correct original Huskie mirrors on it. The Huskies are pointing in on both mirrors. Truck has low miles 18,000=-. Cab is very good no rust but interior was trashed and needs replacement. We did come to an agreement on a fair price to both of us. I think you know the owner him and his Wife are nice people. I like the long nose 300 series also,I have a 361 single axle 250 Cummins 5x4 2 stick single axle. It has Budd Wheels which i do not care for on a Brockway. When you buy used you take whats offered. Joe D.

Good luck with her Joe!! The inside was a little rough but not so bad. I like the fact that it has a 15 speed trany an a heavy front end! This would make a very nice dump truck! Alex and his wife are good people; again good luck with the truck an keep us posted on the progress!!

Ernie DS

i dont like budd wheels on anything,lol..good luck with it.bob

Bob Being in Nevada there are not many if any trucks with Dayton Wheels. It seems most everywhere Uni-Mount Wheels are the norm nowadays.Better than Budds with only 10 nuts instead of 20 on Budds left and right thread. Joe D.

ya,,,i hear ya,,i grew up back east,,and i just prefer them,,specially on older stuff,there is one outfit,,here in reno,with RD,s,,late models with spokes,,dont know what the deal is with that,,with end dumps,,and yes thats all we got here,,is uny,s,lol.bob