Ac Hood - Help Wanted

Having had no luck finding a good quality hood for my 1929 AC dump (www.rustytrucks.com) I am going to make one. Does anyone have some works drawings? If not is there anyone out there who would be happy to measure and photograph one for me so I get it just right???

I have the old one as a pattern but it is not 100% complete (how did the front fasten down for instance? What held it up when it was open??)

I cant look at one over in UK - there simply dont exist here (except for mine....)

Many thanks!

Have you contacted the Mack Trucks Historical Museum?

It takes a request from the fine folks there and they will get you the build record for your truck and you may be able to obtain information for the parts you need to fabricate.

Please keep in mind that this is a fantastic resource that we as Mack Truck fans have nearly exclusively.

The information that Mack Trucks has available for us is as far as I know, unmatched by any other manufacturer.

The Mack Trucks Historical Museum gladly accepts donations for any and all materials researched and supplied.

The Antique Truck Club of America works very closely with the Mack Trucks Historical Museum to keep costs down. We assist with maintaining trucks, working around the museum, supplying displays and whatever else is needed.

Check out the Antique Truck Club of America as well!

The Mack Trucks Historical Museum

Don Schumaker, Curator

2402 Lehigh Parkway South

Allentown, PA 18103

Telephone: 610-351-8999

Fax: 610-351-8756

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I asked the museum for a set of shop drawings for a soft sleeve holder that I am missing from my truck. They responded with a complete set of plans for the box. Send them a letter and see what they have.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I know Gary Mahan had some hoods made. I dont know if he will sell one. You might be able to find his number on line under the Mahan Collection. I am on your side of the pond right now in Ireland but I can take pictures and measurements of my 25 ACCD when I get home. Mike

My '28 has an early hood on ,with out the top access door and 10 louvers, which after doing research on your post I've learned its 1922 and older. I'm off to Hersey Pa. for the October swap meet. last year I found NOS pistons and gaskets for my AC engine there. I'll keep my eyes open for one that is good for your measurements if still needed or a pair of good ones. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'll be in Hersey for the full 4 plus days. I'm sure I'll find something or be able get detail photos and dimensions from one. I'm also looking for the door slide channels to copy. You can PM me and I'll give you my personal e mail address to keep you posted. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 month later...

Got back from Hersey late sunday. Almost no early Mack sheet metal. One batch of AC tin, all high priced and worse than what both you and I have. I had a lot of NOS 1941 Chevy sheet metal that didn't sell but sold 11 40's 50's tractor hoods and radiator shells to the rat rod crowd and a ton of Hudson engine gasket sets. Very odd swap meet this year. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE