More Fun Than Digging Holes!

other dog

I dug a few holes today. 4 actually, but never mind what they were for- if I said I was going to slap up some kind of shed over my grill i'd just open myself up for more ridicule :rolleyes: .

But I dug 4 postholes because I had nothing else to do, and the ground was so dry it was like powder 8-10 inches deep. No moisture at all. Guess i'll just get some quikrete and put it around the posts, because you can't tamp powder and the holes are only 8-10 inches deep. Couldn't go deeper because of tree roots, rocks, and besides all that, it was too much like work.

I'd dig a little, then have a cold drink and rest. Had a cooler sitting on the picnic table with beer and ice in it, and a bottle of Clamato juice. Clamato juice is delicious by itself, but drink 2 swallows of a beer, then pour Clamato juice in it, that's just awesome- great drink!

So I noticed some yellow jackets and even a butterfly came over to have a drink.

I told them "fine, just don't sting me". They said "no way, absolutely not sir, we'd just like a drink- it's awful hot out here, dry too".

So I poured them some beer and Clamato juice on a block of wood- even put an ice cube on it for them. The butterfly didn't drink so I just poured it some Clamato juice on another block of wood- actually the knot that fell out of the shelf on the grill.

You might be thinking "what a bunch of bull$#!+!", but I actually took pictures to prove what I say- except for that hole digging part. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You weren't around, or disturbing their nest. They are docile when not disturbed and nothing to fear. Change the scenario and it is quite a different story.

No photographic proof of you digging post holes means the action never happened.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob, ya got to give Tom credit for diggin holes.........his own. He is bored being home with little to do an the heat is draining his energy. He will be fine when he gets the phone call to go back on the road again, taking photos and seeing the countryside.

mike

You weren't around, or disturbing their nest. They are docile when not disturbed and nothing to fear. Change the scenario and it is quite a different story.

Yeah, no shit- i've run over nests with the lawn mower before and gotten stung, and gasoline and a match were in their future soon as they went to bed!

No photographic proof of you digging post holes means the action never happened.

well then...if it does happen i'll take a picture. But how can I operate a set of manually operated post hole diggers and take a picture at the same time? Would just a picture of the hole be OK?

Rob

Rob, ya got to give Tom credit for diggin holes.........his own. He is bored being home with little to do an the heat is draining his energy. He will be fine when he gets the phone call to go back on the road again, taking photos and seeing the countryside.

mike

I've already got instructions for my next mission! I gotta unload these coils in Lynchburg in the morning, then load for Warren, Ohio.

All day job getting loaded at this place, then gotta tarp it.

I dug a few holes today. 4 actually, but never mind what they were for- if I said I was going to slap up some kind of shed over my grill i'd just open myself up for more ridicule :rolleyes: .

But I dug 4 postholes because I had nothing else to do, and the ground was so dry it was like powder 8-10 inches deep. No moisture at all. Guess i'll just get some quikrete and put it around the posts, because you can't tamp powder and the holes are only 8-10 inches deep. Couldn't go deeper because of tree roots, rocks, and besides all that, it was too much like work.

I'd dig a little, then have a cold drink and rest. Had a cooler sitting on the picnic table with beer and ice in it, and a bottle of Clamato juice. Clamato juice is delicious by itself, but drink 2 swallows of a beer, then pour Clamato juice in it, that's just awesome- great drink!

So I noticed some yellow jackets and even a butterfly came over to have a drink.

I told them "fine, just don't sting me". They said "no way, absolutely not sir, we'd just like a drink- it's awful hot out here, dry too".

So I poured them some beer and Clamato juice on a block of wood- even put an ice cube on it for them. The butterfly didn't drink so I just poured it some Clamato juice on another block of wood- actually the knot that fell out of the shelf on the grill.

You might be thinking "what a bunch of bull$#!+!", but I actually took pictures to prove what I say- except for that hole digging part. :rolleyes:

Well, from the looks and sounds of it, what with you conversing with the beasts and all, youse is a regular St. Francis of A-Sissy, and of course we hafta accept the word of a saint, so youse gets credit for digging the holes...this time (next time set the camera up on a timer so everyone can enjoy the fruits of your labor).

• Like 1

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Well, from the looks and sounds of it, what with you conversing with the beasts and all, youse is a regular St. Francis of A-Sissy, and of course we hafta accept the word of a saint, so youse gets credit for digging the holes...this time (next time set the camera up on a timer so everyone can enjoy the fruits of your labor).

Nunt uh, no way, even the pope lies, or don't tell the whole story sometimes.

I still don't believe it. No photos, no holes. Has to be a sham begging for our sympathies.

A man don't dig no holes in this kind of heat by hand.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I still don't believe it. No photos, no holes. Has to be a sham begging for our sympathies.

Rob

I had to dig some holes to set some posts for my garden, 28 of them 2 ft deep. I borrowed a one man power digger from my cousin. He showed me how to get it started, and how to operate the thing, a really neat little rig, but failed to tell me that if it got hung up, to turn it loose and step away. It about broke both my arms, and beat the heck out of both legs before I figured it out on my own.

Rob

Geez, some people just don't believe anything without photographic evidence. I rented a plane a while ago and took this aerial photograph of my house. Got this first hole finished, got 3 more to dig.

I heeded Hatcity's advice and biggerized it from what it was at first.

• Like 1

I had to dig some holes to set some posts for my garden, 28 of them 2 ft deep. I borrowed a one man power digger from my cousin. He showed me how to get it started, and how to operate the thing, a really neat little rig, but failed to tell me that if it got hung up, to turn it loose and step away. It about broke both my arms, and beat the heck out of both legs before I figured it out on my own.

You an me graduated from the same line of schooling!! I learnt the exact same way. I didn't get beat upon cause I was standing back but the breakover clutch in those things was adjusted too tight for a one man operation. The one I borrowed was convertible from single to two man operation and had an adjustable "slip clutch".

I prefer to use my tractor and auger these days.

Rob

Geez, some people just don't believe anything without photographic eveidence. I rented a plane a while ago and took this aerial photograph of my house. Got this first hole finished, got 4 more to dig.

I'm warming to the idea that maybe, just maybe, you did get a start on digging a few holes. I only see one in the photo however. That being the case, what did you do with the rest of the afternoon cause it sure don't look like you got much done.

Rob

I'm warming to the idea that maybe, just maybe, you did get a start on digging a few holes. I only see one in the photo however. That being the case, what did you do with the rest of the afternoon cause it sure don't look like you got much done.

Rob

I watered the wasps. I gotta rest up for tomorrow, i'll finish 'em next week.

Geez, some people just don't believe anything without photographic evidence. I rented a plane a while ago and took this aerial photograph of my house. Got this first hole finished, got 4 more to dig.

Good thing you have a B53 mixer cuz that holes gonna need a lot of concrete in it.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

8-10 inches? gonna look like heavygunners shed in no time

Yeah no kidding, I am using sonotube that is 8' across and 10' deep to make sure everything is stable. :D

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Well, I started digging a hole today also, and quite unlike cousin Tom, I am here with photogenic proof, actual footage. This man had a small dry pond, am gonna make it a large dry pond. Hot day too,,,randyp

PHOTOGENIC PROOF???? my my!.......A+ for proper use of the english language! LOL!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

After i got all hot and bothered and sweaty, me and grandson walked down into dried up creek bed to get out of sun. Normally where im sitting, water would be over my head. Yes, that is my snake charming machete with me. randyp

Thought you might have found one of them caves, I could see you already have your pants off.

• Like 2

PHOTOGENIC PROOF???? my my!.......A+ for proper use of the english language! LOL!...........Mark

I hope tha boss didn't see him sitting down on tha job. If tha grandson was their, randyp might be in deeper than he is sitting. Also don't see any sweat on tha cap either. Has he also ran out of beer too?

mike