Got A New Unit Today

other dog

I'm about as happy as Rob would be if "Momma" went out and bought him a R-model Mack with a V8 in it.

For once I got a good deal! I looked at this grill a couple of weeks ago at Tractor Supply, but was too cheap to actually buy it for $180. Then I came home and looked at it online and it was $40 more than Tractor Supply's price, and I wished i'd bought it, so today I decided to go get it. Best part was, it was $30 cheaper today than it was then- usually anything I buy goes on sale the next day.

Now all I gotta do is put it together-i'm gonna throw away the instructions first and just use my vast knowledge of grills that's in my head. Couldn't be too hard...

6 hours later...

hmmmm...doesn't look like the picture on the box, but it works great!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hell, me too Rhasler, we gotta school Tom on how to properly title shit,,,randyp

LMAO! me too! when i read "new unit" i was thinking something completely different!........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

heh heh,,,Mark, here in Texas, "unit" implies new truck or "pecker". I didnt really care to hear it if he got a new "pecker", but I was ready to congratulate him on a new truck. Dern silly ass truck driving Gladys Virginians call a grill a "unit". Well, aint never heard such butchering of the queens english! randyp :pat:

• Like 1

I'm about as happy as Rob would be if "Momma" went out and bought him a R-model Mack with a V8 in it.

For once I got a good deal! I looked at this grill a couple of weeks ago at Tractor Supply, but was too cheap to actually buy it for $180. Then I came home and looked at it online and it was $40 more than Tractor Supply's price, and I wished i'd bought it, so today I decided to go get it. Best part was, it was $30 cheaper today than it was then- usually anything I buy goes on sale the next day.

Now all I gotta do is put it together-i'm gonna throw away the instructions first and just use my vast knowledge of grills that's in my head. Couldn't be too hard...

6 hours later...

hmmmm...doesn't look like the picture on the box, but it works great!

a hunertn fifty bucks-for that-PT Barnum said it best-there's a sucker born every minute :clap:

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

heh heh,,,Mark, here in Texas, "unit" implies new truck or "pecker". I didnt really care to hear it if he got a new "pecker", but I was ready to congratulate him on a new truck. Dern silly ass truck driving Gladys Virginians call a grill a "unit". Well, aint never heard such butchering of the queens english! randyp :pat:

LOL! even up in jersey ,we yankees called a grill a grill! you're right on the money with what i thought a "unit" was! but you gotta remember,flatbedders/peterbilt drivers are NOTORIOUS for bumping their heads,causing dillusional thinking/impaired thought process?..............Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

LOL! even up in jersey ,we yankees called a grill a grill! you're right on the money with what i thought a "unit" was! but you gotta remember,flatbedders/peterbilt drivers are NOTORIOUS for bumping their heads,causing dillusional thinking/impaired thought process?..............Mark

I say we all forgive him, but only if we're invited to the inaugural Boston Butt grilling with the new "unit".

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Once side is cooking much faster than the other!?! Coriolis effect? I would take it back...

Naw, that's on purpose, Jo likes her steak so rare a good vet could get it back on it's feets, I like mine well done.

I went back and read the instructions, came out a little different this time...

easy assembly? my ass!

there was 9,000 parts to this thing!

had a defect too-

...knot fell out, leaving a knot hole!

lookin' like a grill now,eh?

The grates are cast iron so I have to season them before I cook on it.Prolly do that tomorrow-

see, it's a buffessional model grill-weighs about 9,000 lbs!

Nice unit, everybody's invited when I try it out. Might take a while to get used to it, 'cause ya gotta know your equipment for good barbecuing.

Now I can throw my old barrel grill away-all the antifreeze flavor had burned out of it anyway.

• Like 1

I say we all forgive him, but only if we're invited to the inaugural Boston Butt grilling with the new "unit".

That offset firebox is what sold me on this grill, should work great for boston butts, and ribs. I'll have to season the grates before I use it, and they even reccomend coating the entire grill with oil so i'll probably do that too. I never had a nice big "store bought" grill before, except for the little small ones so i'll try to take good care of it.

In fact, I might not even ever use it. I told Jo I was gonna throw the coffee table out and keep it in the living room.

This might be better than a Peterbilt, not sure about the pecker thing-there's a pony just up the road here that I do envy a bit.

That knot hole isn't a defect, thats for the beer tap or the mouth tube from the keg. :banana:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Maybe the knot hole is for his unit!

I only thought that,never said it

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I wouldnt wanna risk getting a splinter in my "woodie". At my age, aint gonna waste a woodie on a knothole anyway. randyp

Still got good strong hands and limber elbows eh?

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.