Got Me A New Shop Toy:

Rob

I've been wanting one of these things for quite some time to finish and remove rust from small parts. This is a vibratory parts tumbler. Basically you load the hopper with an abrasive media, then some parts, then more media, more parts etc. till the hopper is almost full. This thing is then turned on and the vibration frequency is quite high and the parts are actually "scrubbed" clean. Depending on the media used and the abrasiveness it will actually round over corners on steel items. These are used extensively in manufacturing for obtaining surface finishes in the micron range, burr removal, polishing, etc.

I primarily wanted it to clean up small fasteners and parts too small to blast effectively. These things will actually derust the inside of a pipe if you use the correct size and type of abrasive media. When finished you open the bottom of the hopper and the abrasive filters out through a screen and chute into a five gallon bucket for reuse.

Pretty neat little gadget that will be well used in the shop.

Rob

post-78-0-90604900-1309487289_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-11843000-1309487292_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've been wanting one of these things for quite some time to finish and remove rust from small parts. This is a vibratory parts tumbler. Basically you load the hopper with an abrasive media, then some parts, then more media, more parts etc. till the hopper is almost full. This thing is then turned on and the vibration frequency is quite high and the parts are actually "scrubbed" clean. Depending on the media used and the abrasiveness it will actually round over corners on steel items. These are used extensively in manufacturing for obtaining surface finishes in the micron range, burr removal, polishing, etc.

I primarily wanted it to clean up small fasteners and parts too small to blast effectively. These things will actually derust the inside of a pipe if you use the correct size and type of abrasive media. When finished you open the bottom of the hopper and the abrasive filters out through a screen and chute into a five gallon bucket for reuse.

Pretty neat little gadget that will be well used in the shop.

Rob

oh ill bet,,good deal,and yes shop toys are always exciting,from age 12-up.lol...bob

oh ill bet,,good deal,and yes shop toys are always exciting,from age 12-up.lol...bob

This toy will really excite randyp. It vibrates when in use. Don't think I'll let Mike borrow it however; don't know if he could stand the ecstacy of it's use.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

This toy will really excite randyp. It vibrates when in use. Don't think I'll let Mike borrow it however; don't know if he could stand the ecstacy of it's use.

Rob

see now thats what i call paybacks bitch!!!!lol...bob

Rob

LOL....After seeing it now I want it, for ya could put a truck engine in that hopper with that 300 HP motor on it. Rob always thinks BIG. HMMMMM....wonder if Rob is from TEXAS also?

mike :unsure:

Rob, i hope you dont mind me asking but who makes that machine? And whats the model of it? Im really interested in one. Very nice piece of machinery, i have a few jobs i can use it for... Thanks for your help!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Rob, i hope you dont mind me asking but who makes that machine? And whats the model of it? Im really interested in one. Very nice piece of machinery, i have a few jobs i can use it for... Thanks for your help!

Tom

Hi Tom, I really don't know who makes this one as there is no name tag anyplace. If you look on google for vibratory tumbler, there will be several come up. These are common and in many sizes. This one is old but seems to work well and vibrates smoothly.

Like I mentioned I wanted one to clean up small parts that normally take a while in a blast cabinet. This thing can run on it's own unattended.

Rob

LOL....After seeing it now I want it, for ya could put a truck engine in that hopper with that 300 HP motor on it. Rob always thinks BIG. HMMMMM....wonder if Rob is from TEXAS also?

mike :unsure:

No, I'm not from Texas but I did go to high school there for almost a full year.

Rob

No...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Uh oh. Plagurizing Freightrain's tag line. This can't be good LOL.

Rob

Looks like you could dump 50 lbs. of chicken in it, a bag or 2 of flour, a box or 2 of duncan hines cake mix, some salt and pepper,and turn it on and bread your chicken so you can fry it up golden brown- just a thought...(Paul Van Scott)

Should work for fish too.

Note how I gave Paul credit for using his quote-that's the way to plagieurize (whatever) somebody!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Looks like you could dump 50 lbs. of chicken in it, a bag or 2 of flour, a box or 2 of duncan hines cake mix, some salt and pepper,and turn it on and bread your chicken so you can fry it up golden brown- just a thought...(Paul Van Scott)

I was thinking something along the lines of foaming maranade or something like that.

Rob

I use a small concrete mixer. "slightly used" adds some crunch to the coating.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Was it your 6th or 7th year of high school? LOL :lol:

I was very close to the seventh year stretch when they asked me to leave.

Rob