Daughter Was Thinking Of Me Today:

Rob

Yeah, that's right. She came home with "Momma" after stopping at some store in the mall. Says "Happy Father's Day" to me and hands me a box with a model of an R model Mack and Fruehauf tank trailer in 1/32 size. Then she really rubs it in that the model is rated for assembly by eight year olds and above so I "should" be able to handle it. I wanted to "back hand" the smartalec but "Momma" was right behind here holding something so I was scared, (petrified really) and did nothing.

Told "Momma" I was gonna put it in the china cabinet and was promptly told to get my own glass case for my Mack "shit".

Left me wonderin why everybody has to be so mean to me......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

At least you get to keep that "shit" in the house,mine was delegated to the garage where it could be closer to the truck. I think she wanted it closer to the trash can.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Yeah, that's right. She came home with "Momma" after stopping at some store in the mall. Says "Happy Father's Day" to me and hands me a box with a model of an R model Mack and Fruehauf tank trailer in 1/32 size. Then she really rubs it in that the model is rated for assembly by eight year olds and above so I "should" be able to handle it. I wanted to "back hand" the smartalec but "Momma" was right behind here holding something so I was scared, (petrified really) and did nothing.

Told "Momma" I was gonna put it in the china cabinet and was promptly told to get my own glass case for my Mack "shit".

Left me wonderin why everybody has to be so mean to me......

Rob

you know,they say what comes around go,s around.lol..i get to keep a mack steering wheel hanging up in my kitchen wall.woohoo...bob

Guess i'm lucky in the Mack "shit" respect! i have a whole room devoted to my collection of trucks/trucking memorabilia! My wife/son gave me the same R-model Tanker for Christmas,i also have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 Macks,and various other trucks i've been collecting for years,everything from AC bulldogs up to modern Granites and MR's..just wish i had the time to put up enough shelves to display them all,along with some vintage advertizing.I dont focus on any particular scale or maker,just as long as its a Mack! (or Brockway) First Gear,Matchbox,Corgi,Tootsietoy,etc. i still have the biggest majority of my toys from childhood awaiting restoration,Tonka,Buddy L,etc. my Boy's gonna be a wealthy man when i kick! LOL!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I still have a few of my old models and toys from many years ago also. Don't really have any display shelves or anything of the like but I have many of the real things to work, and spend money on. This is where the dog house comes into play. "Momma" really don't care what I do cause she knows I'm not chasing skirt, or holding down a barstool someplace. If I'm not at work, or pecking on the keyboard at home, I'm wasting time in the shop on one of my "toys" as they are referred to.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Guess i'm lucky in the Mack "shit" respect! i have a whole room devoted to my collection of trucks/trucking memorabilia! My wife/son gave me the same R-model Tanker for Christmas,i also have somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 Macks,and various other trucks i've been collecting for years,everything from AC bulldogs up to modern Granites and MR's..just wish i had the time to put up enough shelves to display them all,along with some vintage advertizing.I dont focus on any particular scale or maker,just as long as its a Mack! (or Brockway) First Gear,Matchbox,Corgi,Tootsietoy,etc. i still have the biggest majority of my toys from childhood awaiting restoration,Tonka,Buddy L,etc. my Boy's gonna be a wealthy man when i kick! LOL!...........Mark

I do understand ya Mark. I have many trophies from showing my cars and bike. They were once on shelves before I moved out of the Spouse Detention Prison. They are still in the boxes and have been for 16 years now. Most likely the people that find me dead, will take this stuff and make some money off it.

mike

I do understand ya Mark. I have many trophies from showing my cars and bike. They were once on shelves before I moved out of the Spouse Detention Prison. They are still in the boxes and have been for 16 years now. Most likely the people that find me dead, will take this stuff and make some money off it.

mike

I keep having nightmares about those "American Picker" guys finding my stuff,and my wife saying " $100.00 bucks and its all yours" LOL! hey,this guy musta liked trucks a little!!!!!....what are they? peterbilts??

I still have a few of my old models and toys from many years ago also. Don't really have any display shelves or anything of the like but I have many of the real things to work, and spend money on. This is where the dog house comes into play. "Momma" really don't care what I do cause she knows I'm not chasing skirt, or holding down a barstool someplace. If I'm not at work, or pecking on the keyboard at home, I'm wasting time in the shop on one of my "toys" as they are referred to.

Rob

I think thats why i've been "allowed" to increase my toy collection over the years! my wife knows even when i'm on the road,i'm either driving,un-loading,doing paperwork,or sleeping! exciting life i lead eh? LOL!........Mark

I keep having nightmares about those "American Picker" guys finding my stuff,and my wife saying " $100.00 bucks and its all yours" LOL! hey,this guy musta liked trucks a little!!!!!....what are they? peterbilts??

I'm with ya on that subject. They scare me too. I've tried to watch that show a few times thinkin to myself that, that could be my house they are coming into, tring to Jew me down on everything while the cameraman and crew is slipping things out the back door.

mike

I think thats why i've been "allowed" to increase my toy collection over the years! my wife knows even when i'm on the road,i'm either driving,un-loading,doing paperwork,or sleeping! exciting life i lead eh? LOL!........Mark

I know exactly what you mean. I jumped down off the trailer when I was untarping a load of steel in Marshall last week and the guy standing there said "you're a little old for that aren't you?" Thought I must look pretty bad, and I was soaked with sweat. I just said "yeah, I am"

Jo said last week "why don't we go somewhere when you take your vacation this year, maybe Cape Hatteras and you can fish or something"

I said "rooms in Cape Hatteras are prolly $10,000 a night this time of year,so we could only stay about 5 minutes-besides, I go somewhere all the time so when i'm off I ain't going nowhere!"

('cept maybe to Lincolnton,N.C. to the ATHS show)

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I liked the Cape but never stayed at any of the accomodations as I was stationed at Norfolk. In those days we always tent camped so really wasn't a big deal. I don't fish but there is a lot to see there from a history standpoint which we enjoyed.

I've been on vacation for the past two weeks and went noplace. Sometimes there just ain't noplace like home.

Rob

I liked the Cape but never stayed at any of the accomodations as I was stationed at Norfolk. In those days we always tent camped so really wasn't a big deal. I don't fish but there is a lot to see there from a history standpoint which we enjoyed.

I've been on vacation for the past two weeks and went noplace. Sometimes there just ain't noplace like home.

Rob

This is true. I can putter around from the grill to the garden to the cooler sitting on the picnic table to the grill to the cooler and be quite happy.

I have a corner. My stuff is increasing too. That's "nocluejoe" in the second picture looking at the high binder.

I know exactly what you mean. I jumped down off the trailer when I was untarping a load of steel in Marshall last week and the guy standing there said "you're a little old for that aren't you?" Thought I must look pretty bad, and I was soaked with sweat. I just said "yeah, I am"

Jo said last week "why don't we go somewhere when you take your vacation this year, maybe Cape Hatteras and you can fish or something"

I said "rooms in Cape Hatteras are prolly $10,000 a night this time of year,so we could only stay about 5 minutes-besides, I go somewhere all the time so when i'm off I ain't going nowhere!"

('cept maybe to Lincolnton,N.C. to the ATHS show)

I'm with you on that! last thing i want to do when i get home is go somewhere! i kinda feel bad for my wife/boy,its a treat for them to "go out to eat" i hate going out! i'm just as happy with a fried baloney sammich W/L,T,M on my deck with a good cold beer,then to go out someplace! i have'nt really taken any kind of vacation in 7-8 years,so i know what you mean............Mark

I'am the opposite. I like to pickup the g/f and we go to the airport and fly to Sikston, Mo (example) and have dinner at Lamberts Home of Throwed Rolls. It takes about 56 mins. to get their. We are picked up at the airport by a van and carried to the front door and treated like home folks used to be treated. If I go on a motorcycle ride, I like to go to Dover, TN near Paris Tn home of the worlds biggest fish fry and eat at " CINDY's Catfish Resturant. I would fly there but the airport is north of Paris and it is a good 20 miles east to Dover. I also like to Fly to Falls of the Rough, Rough River, KY. The landing field is paved and only has a small building for pilots to do their flight planning and restrooms near by. The identifier is 2I3 and is a beautiful place with lake and State Park within walkin 200 yards distance from the airfield. It is about 49 mins.north about 028 degrees flight for me if the winds are favorable. I get the going itch from my dad, he would wake us up on saturday mornings when we were kids and ask us if we we were going to sleep our lives away. He would already have a place to go. In his last days with us, he would tell mom to get ready, that we are going to Mike's house. I would sometimes cook hamburgers and hotdogs out on the grill. This was the only time he would eat 2 burgers when I would cook them on the grill.

This past week, I had sent my first headset back to Gulf Coast Avionics cause the g/f and I when flying could not understand her when she was talkin to me. When observing the cord I found it frayed. I called Ricky Garcia at GCA and he said send them even though this headset was not available any longer that he would fix the cord. I did and he sent them back to me within a few days. This headset did not look the same, as I got to notice he had also changed the earcups over to the newer gel ear cups. I called him to thank him for the great job done. It's people like that, that makes flying more enjoyable and will buy again from them for sure.

mike

I'am the opposite. I like to pickup the g/f and we go to the airport and fly to Sikston, Mo (example) and have dinner at Lamberts Home of Throwed Rolls. It takes about 56 mins. to get their. We are picked up at the airport by a van and carried to the front door and treated like home folks used to be treated. If I go on a motorcycle ride, I like to go to Dover, TN near Paris Tn home of the worlds biggest fish fry and eat at " CINDY's Catfish Resturant. I would fly there but the airport is north of Paris and it is a good 20 miles east to Dover. I also like to Fly to Falls of the Rough, Rough River, KY. The landing field is paved and only has a small building for pilots to do their flight planning and restrooms near by. The identifier is 2I3 and is a beautiful place with lake and State Park within walkin 200 yards distance from the airfield. It is about 49 mins.north about 028 degrees flight for me if the winds are favorable. I get the going itch from my dad, he would wake us up on saturday mornings when we were kids and ask us if we we were going to sleep our lives away. He would already have a place to go. In his last days with us, he would tell mom to get ready, that we are going to Mike's house. I would sometimes cook hamburgers and hotdogs out on the grill. This was the only time he would eat 2 burgers when I would cook them on the grill.

This past week, I had sent my first headset back to Gulf Coast Avionics cause the g/f and I when flying could not understand her when she was talkin to me. When observing the cord I found it frayed. I called Ricky Garcia at GCA and he said send them even though this headset was not available any longer that he would fix the cord. I did and he sent them back to me within a few days. This headset did not look the same, as I got to notice he had also changed the earcups over to the newer gel ear cups. I called him to thank him for the great job done. It's people like that, that makes flying more enjoyable and will buy again from them for sure.

mike

I ate at Lamber's anytime I was in that area. You will find the newer style gel cup favorable for long term use and will be happy with the replacement(s).

Rob

Hey Rob,

I wanted to tell you that all the time I was a student pilot, at night when with an instructor, they would try and demonstate the seven clicks to get the HIRL to go high intensity but never did happen and they could not figure it out. This was at my home airport (KJWN) and anywhere else I would fly with an instructor at night. Well a few months ago me and the g/f was flying back at night to John Tune and we were about to enter the downwind leg when I thought I would demonstrate the lights. After all these years of flying the lights shot up to the highest intensity and I was so impressed and so was my g/f.

Neat stuff

mike

Hey Rob,

I wanted to tell you that all the time I was a student pilot, at night when with an instructor, they would try and demonstate the seven clicks to get the HIRL to go high intensity but never did happen and they could not figure it out. This was at my home airport (KJWN) and anywhere else I would fly with an instructor at night. Well a few months ago me and the g/f was flying back at night to John Tune and we were about to enter the downwind leg when I thought I would demonstrate the lights. After all these years of flying the lights shot up to the highest intensity and I was so impressed and so was my g/f.

Neat stuff

mike

You have to perform the transmissions within a five second window. There are three relays in the contol panel driving unit, (receiver/processor) and they are a high maintenance item since they are now produced in China.

The term HIRL is no longer in use in this area at least. We have VASI, REIL, MALS, MALSR, ALSF1, ALSF2.

Rob

wow,,,looks like most of you guys,,,got your hands full lotsa nice collections real,,and toy,both,,,you fellars have your hands full i have quite a few,mack,brockway,ford.clocks,watches,hats,models.1 real mack.took pictures,but they didnt come out rite,,lol...bob.stuff...bob

I have a corner. My stuff is increasing too. That's "nocluejoe" in the second picture looking at the high binder.

I showed your display to my wife... so I said why can't I have a little spot like this. Decency won't let me repeat what she said. The jist is if I display in in the house it's easier for her to heave out when I'm gone! I guess when I made my mail box holder I over did it? See my avitar. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE