Exciting Day In Town Here Yesterday...

RowdyRebel

Yes I'd say so also Rowdy, Looks like a 4-8-4 with side plates. Only see a few in a museum left.

mike

I thought it was a "moon the train" thing :pat:

Or, some nit wit was gonna jump from the roof

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Yes I'd say so also Rowdy, Looks like a 4-8-4 with side plates. Only see a few in a museum left.

mike

I didn't care much for those side plates....hid most of the styling details of those older trains. I LOVE the whistle and the way it chugs along....much more pleasant than the diesel locomotives and their stupid air horns (that I hear a LOT of) :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I didn't care much for those side plates....hid most of the styling details of those older trains. I LOVE the whistle and the way it chugs along....much more pleasant than the diesel locomotives and their stupid air horns (that I hear a LOT of) :pat:

Gotta agree there! a steam engine in all its glory is a real thing of beauty! especially in the wintertime..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

So that's what that is-and I thought it was a finger!

It is a finger....keeps getting in the way of my shots. Oh well...I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually. Hadn't even had the phone a full day, so cut me some slack. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

hey those are pretty good for a cell phone,,,who cares if you cant call anyone,,it serves as a pretty good camera,,just look at the monthly bill as a loaner fee ..come on?..ya guys i like the ole steamers myself,,theres alotta them in my area,,,too cool...bob :thumb:

Pics taken with my new cell phone....

That's awesome! looks like an L3-A Mohawk they were common with the "Elephant ears on the side". here's a pic of an Norfolk Southern diesel they pull into my yard everyday shoving Ethanol cars.

post-8618-0-93612300-1307318830_thumb.jp

Edited by SAC B52

That's awesome! looks like an L3-A Mohawk they were common with the "Elephant ears on the side". here's a pic of an Norfolk Southern diesel they pull into my yard everyday shoving Ethanol cars.

WOW!! My neighbor (Mark) is an Engineer fo N/S an he was just tellin me that he pulls over 300 of those tank cars into I think Raritan center? every day, an then it goes over to China from here

BULLHUSK

WOW!! My neighbor (Mark) is an Engineer fo N/S an he was just tellin me that he pulls over 300 of those tank cars into I think Raritan center? every day, an then it goes over to China from here

BULLHUSK

HaHa, No China that I know of....We unload 100 railcars at a time we can do it twice daily. We then ship it by barge up to New England and down to Jacksonville, Fla. We also ship by tanker to Netherlands. Usually N/S OR CSX uses two or three Engines cause the train is over a mile long.

HaHa, No China that I know of....We unload 100 railcars at a time we can do it twice daily. We then ship it by barge up to New England and down to Jacksonville, Fla. We also ship by tanker to Netherlands. Usually N/S OR CSX uses two or three Engines cause the train is over a mile long.

WOW, This Fella Mark, moved in across the street about a year or so ago, an we got ta talkin an thats were I got that info!! I'm sorry if It's incorrect. WOW that still is a lot of corn!! I have a rail yard in JC NJ (small) I have about 900ft of my own track with 2 spurs an 2 switchs an 140ft of platform to unload box cars. I bring in brick for a co in MA an store it an truck it out, the funny thing is... Con Rail still does the drilling? it comes from Oak Island Nwk. to Bayonne an then to me. I also have silos that I rent to Cmex an they bring in Flyash from St Louis Mo. an then we truck that out to a lot of concrete co's an block co's

BULLHUSK

My dad and I went to see one a few years ago...2004-05ish. Pretty neat stuff.

The funny/bizarre thing about those though, is the railfan nut jobs that HAVE to follow the thing the WHOLE way and stop at nothing to stay beside it if there's a road that parallels the tracks.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Well it's great to see the UP is still running some steam excursions as a public relations tool. The only things left of the Norfolk&Western or should I say the Norfolk&Southern steam program are sitting cold in the museum in Roanoke, VA. Such a shame to see those beautiful pieces of equipment and history sitting cold. I did take my boys there a few years ago and it's a great museum, well worth the time, but I wish they could see the N&W 1218 and 611 come through our home town like I did.post-199-0-21666500-1307333330_thumb.jpgpost-199-0-93680600-1307333349_thumb.jpgpost-199-0-39047900-1307333368_thumb.jpg