My Dad's Transtar Ii

SAC B52

Real nice pics other dog, man that F-model is real nice!!!! all of them are sharp... I love that line-up at the end.

Thank you,it's a shame my scanner quit working,some came out pretty blurry but i'm taking pictures of pictures so it's hard to get them but so good,and some aren't too good to start with!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hey Tom, you still work for the H.H. Moore don't you? Gotta be a gold watch in your near future.

Naw, I worked there over 25 years, been gone over 6 years. PGT later bought the company, so H.H.Moore Jr. Trucking Co. Inc. no longer exists. Jeff and Todd Moore, whom I work for now-Jeff (and his lovely wife Teresa) owns the Pete I drive-are H.H.'s grandsons so i've been driving for the Moore family for 32 years. Started working for H.H. in June,1979.

Tom, G/F came over the house this pm and carried me to her house to play on the computer. While seeing your scout I recall my g/f and her identical twin sister had a 1970 2 door scout they drove to school. I just now went out while she's mowing the yard to ask her what color it was. She said it was orange and white. Her dad owned a small International Truck dealership in Gallatin, TN duing that time and finally sold it to what is now Kyle International in Nashville.

I remember the glasses cause I had some of those myself. They were popular in the 60's and 70's. Everthing was rosy then. LOL

mike

Tom, G/F came over the house this pm and carried me to her house to play on the computer. While seeing your scout I recall my g/f and her identical twin sister had a 1970 2 door scout they drove to school. I just now went out while she's mowing the yard to ask her what color it was. She said it was orange and white. Her dad owned a small International Truck dealership in Gallatin, TN duing that time and finally sold it to what is now Kyle International in Nashville.

I remember the glasses cause I had some of those myself. They were popular in the 60's and 70's. Everthing was rosy then. LOL

mike

identical twins,eh? did they ever try to switch and fool you?

identical twins,eh? did they ever try to switch and fool you?

Tom,Mike must know something i don't know!,just re-read that post,and SHE'S outside mowing the grass!!?? LOL!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Figuered i better pull out my old pictures too, while i was home and had the time. the B-model is the very first truck i ever drove,thats a much younger version of me standing in front of my Grandfathers R-685,which was the first truck i actually ran for a living,i ran 5/6 nights a week (depending on the season)from south jersey to Binghampton,NY with boxed apples north,then empty glass bottles or new boxes back to White house vinegar Co. in Glassboro,NJ. these are about the earliest picture i have from my own career,starting right around 1978/9...................Mark

post-5836-0-58363800-1306809692_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-09822800-1306809705_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-35312200-1306809727_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-07935600-1306809740_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-62386100-1306809748_thumb.jp

Figuered i better pull out my old pictures too, while i was home and had the time. the B-model is the very first truck i ever drove,thats a much younger version of me standing in front of my Grandfathers R-685,which was the first truck i actually ran for a living,i ran 5/6 nights a week (depending on the season)from south jersey to Binghampton,NY with boxed apples north,then empty glass bottles or new boxes back to White house vinegar Co. in Glassboro,NJ. these are about the earliest picture i have from my own career,starting right around 1978/9...................Mark

Mark,

Great Coastal, boy that brings back memories! they had a yard in Kearny NJ My home town, they used to park 3or4 F-Liner CO's there

BULLHUSK

Mark,

Great Coastal, boy that brings back memories! they had a yard in Kearny NJ My home town, they used to park 3or4 F-Liner CO's there

BULLHUSK

Small world Ernie,thats where that trailer came from! it was an older Gindy? maybe a Strick? cant remember which,but it was in pretty good shape for what we did with it. My Grandad NEVER bought anything new! seems to me it came from one of the storage trailer places over off Tonelle ave. over where Keystone has their dropyard now................Mark

Small world Ernie,thats where that trailer came from! it was an older Gindy? maybe a Strick? cant remember which,but it was in pretty good shape for what we did with it. My Grandad NEVER bought anything new! seems to me it came from one of the storage trailer places over off Tonelle ave. over where Keystone has their dropyard now................Mark

Mark, Coulda came from Fruehauf's yard in So Kearny?

Mark, Where did you load or unload in Binghamton? That's where I grew up.

David,i used to pick-up at a place called international box & partition,top of the hill(northeast side) in the industrial park,same exit as the T/A truckstop off I-81, i think its a weyerhauser plant now,maybe even closed,i have'nt been up that way in quite a while..............Mark

David,i used to pick-up at a place called international box & partition,top of the hill(northeast side) in the industrial park,same exit as the T/A truckstop off I-81, i think its a weyerhauser plant now,maybe even closed,i have'nt been up that way in quite a while..............Mark

I'll look for that place next time I'm there. That exit is rt 17 to the east and old 17 (Court street) to the west. My early days riding in a truck with my father, I remember the truck stop known as "Hawks" before TA took it over.

boy,its amazing,how many cool rigs we used to have out there when i started,theres hardly anything left worth looking at slope noses,everything plastic.nowdays..thanks for sharing all those pictures,,fellars.very nice collection

very cool,but you look like earls brother,come on?lol just joken,,bud..excellant..thanks mark.....bob,,, now i got pictures try to figure how to post....hey b52,,,look what you started

Tom,Mike must know something i don't know!,just re-read that post,and SHE'S outside mowing the grass!!?? LOL!..................Mark

Hey mark,

Some of us know how to do our homework better than others. It takes great skills and lots of patients and also need to know how to do plumbing.

mike :blink:

very cool,but you look like earls brother,come on?lol just joken,,bud..excellant..thanks mark.....bob,,, now i got pictures try to figure how to post....hey b52,,,look what you started

Yeah man, this trip down memory lane sure brought it out of alot of guys... This was fun, I love Bulldogs just like the rest of ya, but it's fun to look at all that older iron.....I think if you just love trucks or anything mechanical it's all fun.. I love WW2 airplanes.. but i'm not going to even get that ball rolling, we'll be here for five more days LOL!!!!

Edited by SAC B52

Figuered might as well put my current tractor on as well,kinda shows how far i've come (truckwise) my 2000 (titled as 2001) CX-613,E-7 460,13 speed road-ranger,100th aniversary edition,with 946,722 on the clock..............Mark

post-5836-0-96386000-1306869288_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-89199200-1306869476_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-31909800-1306869487_thumb.jp

thats mighty fine mark..thanks for the show.certainly a nice setup,cant believe the miliage,,wow i got some cool old brockways from my uncles company,,ill post a little later,,gotta get my wife ,,show me how to scan them,,,bob

Yeah man, this trip down memory lane sure brought it out of alot of guys... This was fun, I love Bulldogs just like the rest of ya, but it's fun to look at all that older iron.....I think if you just love trucks or anything mechanical it's all fun.. I love WW2 airplanes.. but i'm not going to even get that ball rolling, we'll be here for five more days LOL!!!!

oh,dont be supprized,,b52.....3rd wright brother,,posted some airplane stuff,just a couple of weeks ago,,and he got quite a responce..dont be afraid to try it...bob

oh,dont be supprized,,b52.....3rd wright brother,,posted some airplane stuff,just a couple of weeks ago,,and he got quite a responce..dont be afraid to try it...bob

Cool, I can't wait for Saturday.. Going to Reading, Pa for the WW2 weekend. All kinds of cool stuff and WW2 fighter aces on hand signing autographs.. Dad and I make it a tradition.. He's a former B-47 Crew Chief 308th Bomb Wing and I'm a B-52 Crew Chief, 5th Bomb Wing, so besides us both being truck drivers, we both love planes too.

Cool, I can't wait for Saturday.. Going to Reading, Pa for the WW2 weekend. All kinds of cool stuff and WW2 fighter aces on hand signing autographs.. Dad and I make it a tradition.. He's a former B-47 Crew Chief 308th Bomb Wing and I'm a B-52 Crew Chief, 5th Bomb Wing, so besides us both being truck drivers, we both love planes too.

ahrite,well dont forget your friends,and bring back plenty of snapshots..ill be showing a buncha stuff tomorrow morning,,got the old lady to show me how to scan,and cut,and all that,,,all i can do with this thing is click,click.lol...seeya bob

thats mighty fine mark..thanks for the show.certainly a nice setup,cant believe the miliage,,wow i got some cool old brockways from my uncles company,,ill post a little later,,gotta get my wife ,,show me how to scan them,,,bob

I WANNA SEE PICS!!!!!!!!!!

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

B52, here's a couple of teasers for you, these were taken at the Rolls-Royce Aviation Heritage Invitational at last year's air races. I'll try to post some more on the other thread I started as I get the chance,

Russ

post-3283-0-05977000-1306904684_thumb.jp

post-3283-0-83068700-1306904885_thumb.jp

post-3283-0-30970400-1306904943_thumb.jp

post-3283-0-78990700-1306904992_thumb.jp