My Dad's Transtar Ii

SAC B52

Boy,that brings back some memories! thats the truck i was talking about,but when i saw them race they had'nt yet done all the safety stuff,(roll bars,fuel tank up on top of the frame etc.) he was still running basically "street stock"had the bunk,street tires,etc. i remember that truck running 120 Mph?? pretty sure it was a KTA-600 Cummins,when he mashed his motor,it made enough black smoke to make the sun go away! when it was over,he hooked up and went on home with a loaded trailer,i remember his name now that you posted the video,Kenny Farmer from Mt.Pisgah,AL think he had "Special K" painted on the back of the bunk?.......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Shawna Robinson got her start racing in GATR (Great American Truck Racing). A guy I use to drive for, Steve Slaybaugh, also race in GATR and Ernie Metzger of Silver Lake, IN (Metzger Trucking is still in business) had two trucks that ran GATR, the Liberty Belle and the Dixie Belle. Liberty later became a pulling truck and I have been told that Dixie is still used as a yard dog at Metzger's. Metzer also built a truck originally called General Lee (You guessed it, orange) but later changed it to Super Trooper complete with red & blues. Don't know what happened to that truck but Liberty is still around and resides in Wiconsin now. In the below video, Jim Bickle is driving the Liberty Belle. Steve started inside of row 5 at this race in Atlanta and on a side note, my dad went to this race with some guys from work and some of their customers. I think that Steve was actually driving the Dixie Belle in this race the #77. He drove for a couple different owners in the series. The 1st pic I found on the net, the pic from the back (poor quality) I took when the 2 Belle's were on display at Baer Field Speedway in Ft Wayne. I had several pictures but most were lost at some point.

post-45-0-21309000-1307309605_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-57842000-1307309737_thumb.jpg