Mack Mh Cab Question

Are there places that the fiberglass cab in a MH is prone to cracking?

Thanx . . . .

I've never seen any problems with the cabs. The plastic grills and the bolt on front corners with the headlite housings are another story. Also the aluminum steps are prone to breaking. We've parted out some MH's that probably had a million miles on them and the cabs have always been in one piece.

Stev

My MH 612 has 1.7M miles and has no cracks on the fiberglass cab, It does have some wear and tear around the edges of the doors and step, but nothing more than 1". I have a 66 vette and has way more cracks than the MH.

Firemack

That series of Corvette was very prone to cracking; especially around the headlamp openings. I've worked on literally dozens of them as it seems I always got stuck with the "plastic fantastic" of the 1960's.

I've never seen an "MH" series cab cracked from anything like normal usage, but have repaired a few "deer hits" and they are not a difficult truck to work with. The most difficult part was the usage of ladders and lift apparatus needed to work high on the cabover design.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That series of Corvette was very prone to cracking; especially around the headlamp openings. I've worked on literally dozens of them as it seems I always got stuck with the "plastic fantastic" of the 1960's.

I've never seen an "MH" series cab cracked from anything like normal usage, but have repaired a few "deer hits" and they are not a difficult truck to work with. The most difficult part was the usage of ladders and lift apparatus needed to work high on the cabover design.

Rob

Not that it has anything to do with cracking, but I saw a blue MH for sale last week on the AA highway in Kentucky when I was coming back from Cincinnati.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

from what i was told the first and second years would crack above the rad tanks, front side of the dog box, was quickly fixed by mack with a new cab, my old boss worked a truck shop in denver pa and said they would take the cabs apart get the new shell reinstall everything, put the old cabs in rolloffs and away they went, cant verify but he wasn't into bs, ive owned 2 84s with no cracks.

Who made the MH cab?

IIRC, the same company that made the fiberglass White 5000 cab.

The L cab

the H cab

the B cab-Chicago manufacturing?

the G cab

the M cab

the F and R cabs

the N cab-Budd

the MR cab

IIRC, an outfit in Rock Island, IL. I've seen new cabs in their yard.

the cruiseliner cab

:thumb:

the CH cab-Mayflower

:SMOKIE-LFT: Those MH cabs are tougher than iron. I had one that was in a really bad head-on collision and jack knifed due to the pitman shaft being snapped off the steering box on impact, it took a hell of a beating, and I think it could have been fixed but the frame had too much damage. It would have required a total rebuild. I also scrapped one for parts one time I spent a lot of time beating it with the backhoe so I could dispose of it.