Looking For R Model Fuel Tank Strap And Rubbers

I have a '74 R model mack and am looking for 1 good shape fuel tank strap and 2 new rubber strips to go under the fuel tank straps. The front steel strap is 45" long to the t bolt head / plus the threads, and is 1 3/4" wide and is for a square alumium mack fuel tank.

On 3/29/2011 at 5:32 AM, WOLFWALKER said:

I have a '74 R model mack and am looking for 1 good shape fuel tank strap and 2 new rubber strips to go under the fuel tank straps. The front steel strap is 45" long to the t bolt head / plus the threads, and is 1 3/4" wide and is for a square alumium mack fuel tank.

Dont know about the straps, but here is a sorce for the rubber strips if you want new...

Tank straps

• 5 years later...
On 3/29/2011 at 5:32 AM, WOLFWALKER said:

When you contacted Watt's Mack (provider of the BMT website) at 1-888-304-6225 with your truck's model and serial number off the vehicle identification plate on the driver's door, what did they say?

I'm sure they can supply you with a new fuel tank strap (rectangular or round tank) and the 12AX128P150 rubber insulator (150 inch length - cut to fit).

Original post is almost 7 years old   bet he found them. :)

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 25.10.2016 at 4:11 AM, 41chevy said:

Original post is almost 7 years old   bet he found them. :)

I found it. 

Not them though. I found some web-store with rubber insulators for small van-boxed trucks. They offered cheap and described as for 2 inch straps. I bought two rolls from them and when recieved found out they are actually for 1.75. With the comment "they could be used on 2" straps"!!

Unfortunately when cutting SS strips I ordered them 54 mm, not 51 as I should for two inches. So those rubbers being possible (too hard and not nice) to put onto 2" strips have nothing of intend to fit mines.

So now the search continues.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012