Puzzler Of The Day 3

vision386

Let's see,,,rust stain down the front from the radiator cap area,,that door is open by the way,,probably indicitive of an ongoing overheat issue. The passenger wiper arm is very tired or broke and hanging. What is the red thing hanging from the back of the passenger side fuel tank? I love the Farmington custom bilateral wood bumper combo.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Looks close to an old Marmon or Dodge cabover but isn't. Possibly a Mexican built truck, they do have some manufactures down there. Westernstar once partnered with one (started with an R i think) and sold their class 7 chassis here as Westernstar. Only saw one.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I think they were going for a "ghetto" version of the old style White-freightliner 2 piece split bumper,plywoods a whole lot cheaper and much easier to cut into the shape of a bumper! LOL!

Nice looking Marmon-I like it :rolleyes:

I do wish I could find a model kit like that now though-looks like the same one I got for my younger brother for Christmas one year...about 40 years ago.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Let's see,,,rust stain down the front from the radiator cap area,,that door is open by the way,,probably indicitive of an ongoing overheat issue. The passenger wiper arm is very tired or broke and hanging. What is the red thing hanging from the back of the passenger side fuel tank? I love the Farmington custom bilateral wood bumper combo.

...and to think the current & former & the former before that administrations have all felt it would be a good idea to allow trucks like that full access to our roads. :blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Jess meeester DOT. Me truck in berry good chape.

Donde esta su cuarto de bano?

No,no bano, Me juss chit in truck, no stop.

See what I mean

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/boca-dump-truck-driver-accused-of-causing-i-1201225.html

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Thats a good guess,but its NOT a Marmon! here are some pictures of 2 Marmon cabovers (same vintage 1978) for comparison, i agree they do look a lot alike,but this particular truck was designed,built and sold in mexico.......Keep tryin'!

post-5836-0-96849300-1295750965_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-28576900-1295750991_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-89158900-1295751000_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Looks close to an old Marmon or Dodge cabover but isn't. Possibly a Mexican built truck, they do have some manufactures down there. Westernstar once partnered with one (started with an R i think) and sold their class 7 chassis here as Westernstar. Only saw one.

You're on the right track,this thing was built and sold in mexico,but its neither a Dodge or a Marmon...Mark

You're on the right track,this thing was built and sold in mexico,but its neither a Dodge or a Marmon...Mark

DINA and RAMIREZ are the only two Mexican truck makers that I am aware of. Dina was the company that made the small Westernstar.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

http://vintage-trucks-of-mexico.lefora.com/2009/10/26/ramirez-heavy-trucks-1957-to-1991/

Thad,you got it! this is a 1978 Ramirez C.O.E,found it completely by accident,thought it was kind of "interesting" to say the least! you can read the whole article about this and others like it at the website posted. I too was only aware of DINA and Ramirez,but never knew a cabover was produced.........Mark

It's a Marmon, built in the USA! Texas Not Mexico! the plant and name I think were bought by Navistar(IH),at one time Ford owned them. They were hand built and GREAT TRUCKS! the truck in question is 67/68 vintage? b0b0

OK OK... DONT tell the ole'Lady I said this but I was wrong!

OK OK... DONT tell the ole'Lady I said this but I was wrong!

I've misplaced her cell number. Please forward as I have some important information to convey..........

What are friends for????

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I looked at the same pictures on Hank's. If you were man enough to admit it I guess I will be too-I also was wrong.

And Jo's number is:

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I looked at the same pictures on Hank's. If you were man enough to admit it I guess I will be too-I also was wrong.

Well i hate to admit it,but the only person on here thats "right" all the time is me! ( just kiddin'! my last name is Wright)...........Mark

Well i hate to admit it,but the only person on here thats "right" all the time is me! ( just kiddin'! my last name is Wright)...........Mark

I used to think Rob was,until he tried to turn around in a corn field with 2 feet of snow on it. Another dream shattered...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I used to think Rob was,until he tried to turn around in a corn field with 2 feet of snow on it. Another dream shattered...

I think Rob is learning what those of us that drive trucks for a living have already figuered out the hard way! driving a truck on ice/snow sucks! trucks' like a pig on skates in bad weather! dont take much to get one stuck!.......Mark