Simplification Of The Word "peterbilt":

Rob

That's right. I typed the word Peterbilt into my english language Thevenizing machine and after several agonizing moments waiting for it to compute and simplify the translation, it spit out a single word response:

Walk

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That's right. I typed the word Peterbilt into my english language Thevenizing machine and after several agonizing moments waiting for it to compute and simplify the translation, it spit out a single word response:

Walk

Rob

I knew this was gonna be a good one.

Take that!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Walk

Rob

Thats a good' :clap::clap: un

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

And your trip went alright?

Rob

Oh yeah,I went to Orchard Park,unloaded,then picked up some beams in Erie and went to Superior Wisconsin. Came back down to Chicago and picked up some stainless steel sheets- actually 6 lifts in Gurnee,then I had to layover to get one more lift in Franklin Park. That put me in snow,rain,sleet,snow,hurricanes,typhoons,hail storms,and snow all the way from about Lafayette,In. to Lewisburg,W.V. Unloaded yesterday at Oneal Steel in Madison Heights then had to go to Petersburg to load.And that had to be tarped too,55' beams going to Cincinnati.

Saw a big boat in Superior-it was big as a ship.

Oh yeah,I went to Orchard Park,unloaded,then picked up some beams in Erie and went to Superior Wisconsin. Came back down to Chicago and picked up some stainless steel sheets- actually 6 lifts in Gurnee,then I had to layover to get one more lift in Franklin Park. That put me in snow,rain,sleet,snow,hurricanes,typhoons,hail storms,and snow all the way from about Lafayette,In. to Lewisburg,W.V. Unloaded yesterday at Oneal Steel in Madison Heights then had to go to Petersburg to load.And that had to be tarped too,55' beams going to Cincinnati.

Sorry you missed the tropical weather we've been having inside around here.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That ship appears to be beached...its deff sitting on the bottom because the you can clearly see the bow thruster. They might be getting ready to cut her up...looks like the Edmund Fitzgerald, deff your typical great lakes cargo ship

That ship appears to be beached...its deff sitting on the bottom because the you can clearly see the bow thruster. They might be getting ready to cut her up...looks like the Edmund Fitzgerald, deff your typical great lakes cargo ship

I thought of the Edmund Fitzgerald as soon as I saw it. Here's some more pictures of it. It was so big it was hard to even get the whole ship in one picture.

I thought of the Edmund Fitzgerald as soon as I saw it. Here's some more pictures of it. It was so big it was hard to even get the whole ship in one picture.

Shes a big one alright, she's laid up for repairs, looks like they just painted the super structure...very interesting and cool pics! Wonder what she has for power...more than likely Sulzer diesels or Fairbanks Morse...gots to be big though! And I'm sure she likes her fuel LOL!

Your trucks kinda dirty Tom, think you need to get out there and clean er up a lil,,,randyp :pat:

ya gota love a flatbed this time of year.........

ya gota love a flatbed this time of year.........

Man o man! i give you flatbedders a lot of credit! i'll be dam if i'd be out puttin on them dam tarps, chains ,straps! believe me,my job aint easy,but no way in hell would i want to "F" with a flatbed! LOL!.............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Just did some homework, as ships deff are one of my hobbies. The American Victory (the ship in the pic) is actually laid up for re-fitting...that would explain why she's sitting so high out of the water. Cool pic I must say!

I saw a big freighter like this once up in Duluth,MN. i was looking for my stop in a blinding snowstorm,called the customer for directions,he told me to "turn right at the ship,follow road to the next left etc." i said "i dont see no boat,but i'm right beside a big gray building" he says "dumbass,does the building say milwaukee iron ore on it?" yep! says me! THATS THE SHIP! this thing looked to be about 4-5 blocks long!....i just could'nt see the space between the ship and the dock! i dont remember the ships name,but do remember it was perminantly docked there for people to tour,and it was a fairly old one considerably smaller than some of the ones one the great lakes today.........Mark

I saw a big freighter like this once up in Duluth,MN. i was looking for my stop in a blinding snowstorm,called the customer for directions,he told me to "turn right at the ship,follow road to the next left etc." i said "i dont see no boat,but i'm right beside a big gray building" he says "dumbass,does the building say milwaukee iron ore on it?" yep! says me! THATS THE SHIP! this thing looked to be about 4-5 blocks long!....i just could'nt see the space between the ship and the dock! i dont remember the ships name,but do remember it was perminantly docked there for people to tour,and it was a fairly old one considerably smaller than some of the ones one the great lakes today.........Mark

Duluth is right across the bridge you can see to the rear of the ship. Actually this is a different ship,but you can see the bridge to Minnesota behind it.

Shes a big one alright, she's laid up for repairs, looks like they just painted the super structure...very interesting and cool pics! Wonder what she has for power...more than likely Sulzer diesels or Fairbanks Morse...gots to be big though! And I'm sure she likes her fuel LOL!

I saw lots of small holes in the sides,down low,with oars sticking out of them. Unfortunately you can't see them in the pictures.

Man o man! i give you flatbedders a lot of credit! i'll be dam if i'd be out puttin on them dam tarps, chains ,straps! believe me,my job aint easy,but no way in hell would i want to "F" with a flatbed! LOL!.............Mark

You'd get used to it :lol: It was one below in Orchard Park last week and when I folded my tarp the smallest I could get it was about the size of a mini van.

Usually these beams don't have to be tarped,as they are stored outside in the weather at the mill. Some places want them tarped in winter because they don't want road salt on them-I can kinda understand that. But a few places want them tarped year round and that makes no sense to me.

One of our drivers took a load to Masury,Ohio-they want them tarped year round-took his paper work inside,then came back out and untarped the load in the parking lot. When the guy came out to get him he told him to put the tarps back on,it had to be tarped when he pulled inside,or either he could take it back-and it was a sunny day. He put them back on,but he won't go there anymore,and I don't blame him. Everybody hates going to Masury because they're such a-holes.

You'd get used to it :lol: It was one below in Orchard Park last week and when I folded my tarp the smallest I could get it was about the size of a mini van.

One of my best friends was an ex O.D hauler,pulled a step-deck for years before he came to clark,he tried for years before he retired to get me to go in partners with him hauling oversize loads,he said as "anal" as i am about some things, i would be perfect for the job! well,i had to move a flatbed once from St.louis to Philadelphia,he took a picture of me hooked up to the flatbed,never let me forget it! when i delivered the load,it had a GIANT one piece tarp covering it,i got it rolled up to about the size of the Hindenburg! had to strap it to the empty trailer! my first and last experience with flatbedding!....Mark

One of my best friends was an ex O.D hauler,pulled a step-deck for years before he came to clark,he tried for years before he retired to get me to go in partners with him hauling oversize loads,he said as "anal" as i am about some things, i would be perfect for the job! well,i had to move a flatbed once from St.louis to Philadelphia,he took a picture of me hooked up to the flatbed,never let me forget it! when i delivered the load,it had a GIANT one piece tarp covering it,i got it rolled up to about the size of the Hindenburg! had to strap it to the empty trailer! my first and last experience with flatbedding!....Mark

Aw, it ain't that bad....I did it for a little over a year. First company screwed me about 3 months in....loved working for 'em...stayed out 2-3 weeks at a time and ran at a leisurely pace so I'd never run out of hours. LOTS of western state running...LOTS of 70 mph 2-lane roads through wide open country. But, when I tell 'em I need to be home, I'm GOING to be home. They wanted me to lay over in Laredo for the weekend that I told 'em I needed to be home to ride the Toys for Tots motorcycle parade in Chicago. I gave 'em their truck back, rented a car, and went for a motorcycle ride. Took a week off (needed to have the rental car for a week so I wouldn't get raped on mileage charges on the rental), then hopped a greyhound bus to Memphis to start with another flatbed outfit. Home every weekend wore me out. I'd leave out right after the Nascar race ended and would bust butt all week....14 hour days....and roll in sometime Friday night or early Saturday morning. Pass out to catch up on sleep and wake up in time to watch Nascar.

Quit there to work where I'm at now...home every night. :banana:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!