Making Progress

Hey AJ.

Makes me wish I were further along on mine. Keep up tha good work. Like ducky said take it slow and easy. Those copper air lines look really good. Take more pictures as you go.

Thx

mike

p,s. Where is Blakesly, Ohio ?

all in time, it all has a procedure and you cant do this before that, then you cant do that before you do something else and some days you will probably go out there and just look at it like a stale bottle of piss wondering what to do :)

I have been on mine since feb 2008 and it has gone from a driving truck to stripped and back together again. have spent over 50K and havent rebuilt the motor, box an diffs!

Grant

all in time, it all has a procedure and you cant do this before that, then you cant do that before you do something else and some days you will probably go out there and just look at it like a stale bottle of piss wondering what to do :)

I have been on mine since feb 2008 and it has gone from a driving truck to stripped and back together again. have spent over 50K and havent rebuilt the motor, box an diffs!

Grant

But that is in Aussie $. Here in the US, it would be like, um,.................................................... $50k

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Grant

Grant,

If I spend 50k then i'll have to call Rob to come pick it up and take it home with him. Then i'll be broke and living in a cardboard box downtown Nashville under the Cumberland River bridge.

mike

Hey AJ.

Makes me wish I were further along on mine. Keep up tha good work. Like ducky said take it slow and easy. Those copper air lines look really good. Take more pictures as you go.

Thx

mike

p,s. Where is Blakesly, Ohio ?

i went for keeping it all original. its basically the only way i could restore it with my limited knowledge. that is to tear it down, refurbish, and put it back together the same way i found it.

blakeslee is in the extreme northwest corner of ohio. 4 miles from indiana, and 11 miles from michigan.

i have a lot of pics, as that is the only way i stood a chance of getting it back together. i know i had to refer back to my laptop many times. and i still end up redoin things twice for forgetting a step and having to take stuff back apart. :pat:

post-3642-077524400 1291174883_thumb.jpg

i went for keeping it all original. its basically the only way i could restore it with my limited knowledge. that is to tear it down, refurbish, and put it back together the same way i found it.

blakeslee is in the extreme northwest corner of ohio. 4 miles from indiana, and 11 miles from michigan.

i have a lot of pics, as that is the only way i stood a chance of getting it back together. i know i had to refer back to my laptop many times. and i still end up redoin things twice for forgetting a step and having to take stuff back apart. :pat:

Well you must have a good camera and good eyes, cause it looks like you've done a heckuva good job there!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

AJ.....i'm at an awe.....you've done an awesome job. If I had known sooner.....I would have tried to setup a time to have came by to see you and your B-Model cause I visited Freightrain in North Canton, Ohio this past sunday. I had an excellent time at Freightrains and got to see the Battlestar Gallactica and his accomplisments on his great looking B-Model Mack. I didn't want to leave and go home. I drove over a thousand miles that day. Left at 2:15a.m. and got home at 11:18p.m. that same night. Went straight to bed and didn't wake until 8:38 a.m. the next day. Went to bed monday evening at 8:00p.m. and up the next day tuesday at 8:00a.m. .....man did I need the sleep.....don't remember when i've got that kind of much needed rest.

mike

Grant,

If I spend 50k then i'll have to call Rob to come pick it up and take it home with him. Then i'll be broke and living in a cardboard box downtown Nashville under the Cumberland River bridge.

mike

Hi, you could pop a bunk on an live in that?? I have a 60 inch here for that reason :)

Grant

Thats a neat engine bay.

Grant

• 3 weeks later...

Love your work, AJ.

The only prob I find with taking pics of things so I don't forget how they came apart is I sometimes forget to take pics in the first place! :pat:

i have the glass installed in the cab now. i will be taking a short break from working on the truck until after the new year, i take my vacation around this time of the year. but i am on trak to have the truck on the road by spring. i have everything prepped to put the fenders on next. hood and doors should follow right up.

Might wanna decide to put the hood on before the fenders. have put quite a few B models together and it is always easier this way and avoids a lot of scratches and bad words. ~Matt

Strongly second that procedure.

Bad words make my ears burn.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Might wanna decide to put the hood on before the fenders. have put quite a few B models together and it is always easier this way and avoids a lot of scratches and bad words. ~Matt

Work from the top down. Good advice, Matt.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

been workin on assembly. things are goin pretty well. everything is painted and ready. just need time now.

Thats sure coming along nicely! i also reccomend re-installing the hood first,when i repainted our B-61T i ended up taking the fenders back off to install the hood,sure saved a lot of greif! i sure like the mack green and the stock looking resto,cant wait to see it finished!.........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.