Junction Block Orientation

On my truck, the junction block in the dashboard is behind the little screw in plate. I have a maintenance manual an it looks like the circuit breakers are supposed to be toward the interior of the cab (so you can see them!) Are these supposed to face where you can actually see them?

Also, can someone give me the location of the drivers side jucntion block, the one that has (among other things) the taillight wires? Is it in the frame frarailse under the cab, in the cab, or where?

Thanks

Leslie

On my truck, the junction block in the dashboard is behind the little screw in plate. I have a maintenance manual an it looks like the circuit breakers are supposed to be toward the interior of the cab (so you can see them!) Are these supposed to face where you can actually see them?

Also, can someone give me the location of the drivers side jucntion block, the one that has (among other things) the taillight wires? Is it in the frame frarailse under the cab, in the cab, or where?

Thanks

Leslie

Left side frame rail, either just under the rear of the cab, or behind depending on truck.

I have B models with the circuit breaker mounting panel facing into the dash, and out towards the passenger compartment. Can't answer which is correct but would assume facing out.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Left side frame rail, either just under the rear of the cab, or behind depending on truck.

Rob

Can someone post a picture of thiers? Looks like mine is MIA...I do appreciate the time it must have taken to pull those wires through a green garden hose! :pat:

I will purchase an equivelent juntion block and rewire correctly...

Thanks

post-6773-022055100 1288980611_thumb.jpg

I can't recall which way my fuse panel is? Haven't looked behind the glove box liner lately.

My junction terminal is inside the cab, on the floor in the back corner of the cab. Four lug terminal strip, wires come in from hole in floor in corner. Looks kinda authentic as it resembles the strips out front for headlights and turn signals on inside of core support next to radiator on each side.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

most B models from 53-58 had the junction block mounted on the left inside fwherame rail paralleling the transmission. this was a PITA to work on, i think Mack knew this and moved it to the back of the cab on the left side. Also the glass type fuses used on b models up until 59 and 60 faced you in the glove box area. when they changed to circuit breakers in about 59-60 they went to not facing you in the glovebox area. although like everything else with Mack and b models, ive seen some variences. i guess it all depends who was workin on that particular part that day of the week, Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Not trying to put you off on someone else but, if you would pm Bobby tha (bumblebee) he seems to have the same truck as you do. In fact his and your vin# is close. And I bet you can get all or most of your answers from him, plus he's a great guy to know. I met him at a truck show in 2009 and we had a blast. Hope this helps you.

mike :mack1:

Can someone post a picture of thiers? Looks like mine is MIA...I do appreciate the time it must have taken to pull those wires through a green garden hose! :pat:

I will purchase an equivelent juntion block and rewire correctly...

Thanks

my 1961 was bolted under cab on the bottom lip.

post-3642-007238100 1289099472_thumb.jpg

I can see your brake light switch! Havent found mine yet! :lol:

My original stop light switch is on the inside of the left rail, around the cab mount cross member. I took it apart, cleaned and lubed it....still works many years later. The one you see in the photo wasn't from the factory. John